• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black professor receives racist voice mail after Fox News appearance.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/li...-racist-voice-mail-after-fox-news-appearance/

Nichols appeared on Tucker Carlson’s nightly program to discuss Columbus Day and to explain to the Fox News audience why Christopher Columbus is maybe not the best person to celebrate.

Fellow UM professor Rashawn Ray shared video of Nichols playing back the message on his phone, which Nichols broadcast on Facebook Live.

“This message is for Jason Nicholas [sic], I’ve been listening to him on Fox,” said the caller, a woman. “You know, this f*cking n**ger, you n**gers are not gonna be satisfied until you change every f*cking piece of sh*t holiday to ‘N**ger Day.’ Okay, you can have it. Let’s change Martin Luther King N**ger Day, Christmas N**ger Day, Columbus N**ger Day.”

The caller continued in that vein for eight full minutes as Nichols looked silently at the camera and occasionally shook his head.

This is 8 minutes of fucking insanity (she even calls back), and the saddest part, she's just repeating shit out of some proverbial white racist playbook that a whole lot of people subscribe to.

Fury451

Banned
I learned by 5th grade that Columbus was an asshole.

Amazing how many people act like the racist shithead that they are deep down for the flimsiest of excuses.

Seesaw15

I know a paychecks a paycheck but if you're not a self-hating black person and you appear on Fox news this is gonna happen.

tenor.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
"Black folks always cry racism about every little thing. I ain't even racist but I get accused of bein' racist if I so much as argue with him. I'ma call that fella up and give him a piece of my mind." <spews n-word into phone>

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know. Maybe she just finished a bad round of PUBG. We should wait for more info everyone.

/s ... Poe's Law disclaimer

Edit: Is that a Boston accent?

Mulgrok

A lot of Columbus Day preservation ads popped up on Cruncyroll this week. They apparently encourage people to "seek the truth" about Columbus on their website..

Columbus truthers... there must be a truther for everything now.

God damn that’s some hateful shit.
Was expecting southern, got Jersey instead.

She's a piece of garbage.
That ain’t jersey that’s a Boston accent.
I don't know. Maybe she just finished a bad round of PUBG. We should wait for more info everyone.

100% it’s Boston. Very easy to tell with how she pronounce Martin Luther. MAH-tin. Just like HAH-vad or wicked SMAH-t

woolley

I always love the "you people are lazy and don't do anything and you also steal all the jobs."

It's so sad that these people can't see how idiotic and shitty they really are.

A lot of Columbus Day preservation ads popped up on Cruncyroll this week. They apparently encourage people to "seek the truth" about Columbus on their website..

The alt right knows their audience.

MechaX

C'mon guys, it was just a heated gaming moment!

But if we listen to what she had to say, we can come together! Wouldn't that be swell!

I don't get how someone can do something like this, especially for 8-whole-fucking-minutes, and not realize they're the ones that are fucked in the head.

It's a site for anime fans, big surprise.

he looked understandably dejected playing that back
where are all the people who like to say "its just words" or "you can just ignore it"?

L Thammy

C'mon guys, it was just a heated gaming moment!

But if we listen to what she had to say, we can come together! Wouldn't that be swell!

Just wait for the followup phone call where she says that she sometimes forgets she's on voice mail, she was just looking for the worst word she could, and then she uses the same word again.

Slayven

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...al-nightmare-continues.html?mid=twitter_nymag

The letter also includes new allegations of racism in Fox News’ accounting department. According to the plaintiffs’ attorneys, Slater demanded that black female employees hold “arm wrestling matches’” with white female employees in her office, just down the hall from Ailes’s office on the second floor of Fox headquarters. “Forcing a black woman employee to ‘fight’ for the amusement and pleasure of her white superiors is horrifying. This highly offensive and humiliating act is reminiscent of Jim Crow era battle royals,” the letter says, referring to the practice of paying black men to fight blindfolded at carnivals for white spectators’ entertainment. The lawyers argue that Efinger bragged about wanting to “fight” a black employee.

D i Z

These threads almost post by post are identical now. Down to who comments when they do, and how long they last.

Top Bottom