• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S4 |OT| Vote for Leslie Knope. Let's make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Season 4 premieres on Thursday, Septemember 22nd on NBC, 8:30/7:30c.
The episode will be on Hulu the day after, Friday: HULU

yrOdU.jpg

Story:
The series follows the ambitions of perennially upbeat mid-level bureaucrat Leslie Knope, on her quest to better the town of Pawnee, a fictional town in Indiana.[3] As deputy director of the city's Parks and Recreation Department, her sense of enthusiasm is rarely shared by her unmotivated colleagues, who include the wisecracking Tom Haverford, the placid city planner Mark Brendanawicz, the deadpan antigovernment department head Ron Swanson, and his apathetic assistant April Ludgate. Leslie's best friend is local nurse Ann Perkins, whom she meets when Ann's boyfriend Andy Dwyer falls into a large pit near their house. Leslie takes on the quest to turn the pit into a park, which becomes her ultimate personal project. However, she finds herself repeatedly frustrated by bureaucrats and townspeople who stand in her way. While the pit-park storyline occupied the show's first season, the pit was filled in during second season, and the plot gradually began to explore Leslie's other projects and personal issues, including a fledgling romance. The second season also focuses on the personal lives of all the Parks Department employees, as well as Ann's new romance with Mark and April's affections for Ann's ex-boyfriend, Andy.
Characters:
SvbRa.jpg

April Ludgate <3
7lngD.jpg

Andy Dwyer
p5qMq.jpg

Ann Perkins <3
EHmup.jpg

Leslie Knope
WTswm.jpg

Ron Swanson
J7YLy.jpg

Tom Haverford
c4QTM.jpg

Ben Wyatt
Q2POz.jpg

Chris Traeger
YFaIc.jpg

Jerry Gergich
J5d7t.jpg

Donna Meagle

I know kinda lame but enjoy. :)

Nobility

Banned
My body is ready. This is the show I've been waiting for the most in the fall season, every episode has been funny and on point for the last two seasons. I hope they can beat last season and it all starts with Tammy One... :)

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I really hope Ann's character improves this year. She has been very underutilized the last three seasons.

cory.

Banned
ILOVEASIANS said:
Eh. HD. I tried Hulu for a bit last summer too but wasn't really a fan, so decided to stick with cable once I moved.
Over-the-air is HD, and it's probably less compressed than cable too.

cory. said:
Over-the-air is HD, and it's probably less compressed than cable too.

Hmm. Oh well. Like I said, there were other reasons, just need to take Parks off the list lol.

Think I might re watch season 3 this week to get ready for Thrusday.

Wooo! Can't wait. I really find this is a love or hate show. Every person I told to watch hates it, yet the ones I know that watch it love it.

It's awesome

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Hell yes!!

I love parks and rec so much I lit-terally cry when the seasons end, not only that its over, but the wait kills me.

Iceman

Nobility said:
Also, how can I forget:

parks-and-recreation-jean-ralphio-2_article_story_main.jpg

"R to the O to the N and then I say, Swanson got swagger the size of Big Ben clock"

"I hope you brought a change of clothes because your eyes are about to piss tears."

- J - D -

Iceman said:
"R to the O to the N and then I say, Swanson got swagger the size of Big Ben clock"

"

Tom: "You gotta end it on the rhyme!"

Jean Ralphio: "I know what I gotta do, I know..."

Fucking CRACKS me up every time.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
"I would start with a joke - Vince Vaughn quote"
"Swingers or Crashers?"
"Fred Claus."

My body is ready for more Jean Ralphio.

I'm just about done with season two and I'm really tempted to go out and buy season three. I'd probably be able to watch the whole thing before the fourth's premiere.

How is the third season, anyway? Season one took a little while to get going, but it's been amazing since the second.

RadioHeadAche said:
I'm just about done with season two and I'm really tempted to go out and buy season three. I'd probably be able to watch the whole thing before the fourth's premiere.

How is the third season, anyway? Season one took a little while to get going, but it's been amazing since the second.
I'd say it's as good as the 2nd season, if not better

This is my favorite comedy on TV and I hope it wins all its categories at the Emmys this year.

Why is Chris in the center of that photo with Leslie? Leslie should be in the center sitting on a carried throne, or sedia gestatoria, held up by a shirtless Ron Swanson and Andy Dwyer while being fanned with a palm frond by Ben. Jesus Christ NBC, get your shit together.

lush

Green Scar said:
So, er, should I just skip S1

Because the pilot was tragic
Upon first viewing Season 1 did absolutely nothing for me, I've yet to revisit. Season 2 and 3 are excellent though. I should probably give it another viewing some time.

Stoked for Season 4, really snuck up on me. Welcome back Fall....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom