• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Season 5 |OT| Wednesdays 9|8c on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
pVQLcmt.png

1-Hour Season 5 Premiere Wednesday Sept 25 9|8c on ABC

Premiere Synopsis/Photos/Promos:

ABC’s acclaimed hit comedy, “Modern Family,” returns for its fifth season with a special one-hour event, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. In the first half of the hour — “Suddenly, Last Summer” — the family is in the throes of summer activities: Phil and Claire are trying to orchestrate a kid-free week by coordinating Luke’s camp with Haley’s beach trip and Alex’s volunteering excursion; Jay and Gloria are getting Manny ready for his first solo trip back to Colombia; and Mitch and Cam make it a summer to remember.

In the second half-hour – “First Days” — Luke and Manny have their first day at high school, which proves to be harder for Phil and Gloria than for the boys. Elsewhere, Claire makes her big return to the workforce at Jay’s closet company and is a little rusty on her first day, and Cam starts a new substituting gig at the high school, leaving Mitch to try to juggle Lily’s first day in 1st grade and a very important meeting at work.

Season 5 Promo

Family Tree:

zNyIwrY.jpg

twitter_logo_header.png

Modern-Family (modernfamilytv) on Twitter
Steve Levitan (SteveLevitan) on Twitter (co-creator)
Danny Zuker (DannyZuker) on Twitter (writer)
Clint McCray (ClintMcCray) on Twitter (script coordinator)
Ryan Case (film114) on Twitter (editor)
Reid Ewing (Reidoing) on Twitter (Dylan)
Sarah Hyland (Sarah_Hyland) on Twitter
Rico Rodriguez (StarringRico) on Twitter
Nolan Gould (Nolan_Gould) on Twitter
Jesse Tyler Ferguson (jessetyler) on Twitter
Eric Stonestreet (ericstonestreet) on Twitter
Sofia Vergara (SofiaVergara) on Twitter
Ariel Winter (arielwinter1) on Twitter
Aubrey Anderson-Emmons (AubreyLily) on Twitter

Blu-Ray:

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
iWalCkBgTSqex.gif

It's back!
Luke has grown up loads in that promo pic. When did Cam and Mitchell get a cat? I don't remember ever seeing Cam's dad either

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Can't wait. Hopefully season 5 continues the upward trend in quality that season 4 rekindled after the mediocre second and third seasons.

Also, Luke looks way older now. Wow!

Linius

Like mentioned before, Luke looks very grown up in that pic. Loved season four so I have good hopes on a fun new season :D

ivysaur12

Banned
Can't wait. Hopefully season 5 continues the upward trend in quality that season 4 rekindled after the mediocre second and third seasons.

Also, Luke looks way older now. Wow!

Agreed. Season 4 was a lot stronger. Hoping this continues and I cannot wait for Megan Ganz's episode.

3N16MA

Banned
I have been trying to find the season 5 cast pic that they do every year but have not found it. Looks like they may have skipped it this around.

I'm kind of over this show. It had a few bad seasons that turned me off. I'll tune in tonight but I think this'll be a make or break episode for me. My queue of British sitcoms on netflix is being neglected, thus I cannot afford to waste time on subpar shows.

I'll watch a few episodes here and there. It isn't appointment television for me, but I'll intermittently burn through some episodes when I have time.

I have been trying to find the season 5 cast pic that they do every year but have not found it. Looks like they may have skipped it this around.
Not sure if this is from the current season and I couldn't find a bigger version:

Qz4pOoH.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
I'll watch a few episodes here and there. It isn't appointment television for me, but I'll intermittently burn through some episodes when I have time.

Not sure if this is from the current season and I couldn't find a bigger version:

Qz4pOoH.jpg

I think that may be it since Fulgencio was not introduced in the cast pic for season 4.

123rl

I'm glad it's back. This is the best new comedy in a long time. When it's good, it's pretty much unbeatable. It is just so consistently great though

JDSN

Banned
Should be good, im hoping for more Fred Willard this season.

Oh they finally gave a female chraacter a job.....at her daddy's company.

gnrmjd

Decent so far but reminded me more of S2 and S3 than last year which I thought was awesome. And wow Luke's voice changed and everything.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Claire was so cringey in both episodes

edit; 'I always get a whistle when I wear shorts' Screaming

ivysaur12

Banned
Except for Claire's weird turn to mania in the first episode, those were really, really solid episodes.

Modern Family, ya back!

bozeman

Why did Phil smile at the camera when he hugged Alex? Is there supposed to be film crew there? I dont get it anymore.

Really? I'm pretty sure the show has been set up like a reality show following around a family since the beginning, hence the interview segments with the characters talking at the camera.

Really? I'm pretty sure the show has been set up like a reality show following around a family since the beginning, hence the interview segments with the characters talking at the camera.

Well obviously. Im just saying if there was really a camera following them around all the time some of these scenes wouldn't be possible.

Downhome

I just watched these first two episodes of the season. As soon as I saw Luke on screen in the first episode I did a double take and actually went online to look to see if they had got a new actor to play the part. I can't believe how different he looks and sounds in such a short period of time. It's like a totally different person now. The cute little boy naivety is just gone, vanished. Manny's voice has changed a good but, but Luke, wow, just crazy.

mantidor

Well obviously. Im just saying if there was really a camera following them around all the time some of these scenes wouldn't be possible.

Glances at the faux reality tv camera are the modern version of the laugh track, I don't mind.

Really liked both episodes. "If he doesn't go to Colombia Colombia comes to me" hah isn't that the truth,.

And Joe puking at any mention of gay marriage? wow.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
oh god, Cam going to be a football coach. this is going to be great.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New intro! Finally!

lols:

Gloria's first husband proposing to her on the back of a dolphin

All the gays thinking Jay and Manny were a couple "We're not waiting, I already paid for you and your mother signed off. This is happening!"

Claire's marriage proposal ideas

Gloria's relatives Malaria and Rubella (who has diphtheria)

The Lily - Jay exchange: "What if he never comes back?" "Oh honey, no one ever leaves home and doesn't come back." "I did."

Fulgencio vomiting every time gay marriage is mentioned

That first episode was fantastic. Just hysterical (with some legitimately touching moments at the end). I was laughing all throughout the episode. Bravo.

(will watch episode 2 tomorrow)

Alpende

I love that this is back. One of my favorite comedy shows. I liked the moment where Phil tried to hide Claire's phone.

These were a solid group of first episodes. I can't believe that they went there with Manny and Jay standing in line. I also liked the Lily jokes in this one.
"I did."

Matt_

Is it strange that I quite like the name Rubella?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
ABC Eyes Potential ‘Modern Family’ Spinoff

I’ve learned that the network and producer 20th Century Fox TV have met to discuss potentially spinning off the hit comedy. Details are sketchy as conversations are in very early stages with multiples ideas discussed, but I hear one offshoot concept that is being explored is for a show built around standout Modern Family guest player Rob Riggle and the character he played in two episodes last season.

Riggle’s Gil Thorpe is Southern California’s most successful real estate agent and rival of Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrell) who briefly employed Phil’s wife Claire (Julie Bowen). Thorpe is abrasive and has a penchant for inserting his name in words, like “Thorpedoed” and “Gil Pickles.”

Urgh, I'm really not a fan of that character, so an entire show centered around him sounds horrible to me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Episode 2 was also really great. Gloria and Jay miming in the background of the commercial had me in stitches.

Despite enjoying most of last season, this is the first time in a long time where I'm actively looking forward to the next episode. I can't wait until next week.

Is it strange that I quite like the name Rubella?

I do too. It actually reminds me of one of Cinderella's wicked step sisters.

Linius

trw.gif

Phil and Luke are just the best :D

Who on earth thought it was a good idea to let that random extra walk by :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom