• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't see the Heat losing at home in Miami. Heat will win game 3 and 4. SA will take game 5, but the Heat will close out the series in Miami in game 6. Hope I'm wrong though. Spurs NEED to win one of the next 2 games to have a shot

We'll see. I was legit shook in 2010 when the Czzz took Game 2 in LA. We won Game 3 and the series went 7.

These teams aren't separated by a whole lot and remember, they were 1-1 last year and came 29 seconds of closing Miami out in Game 6.

People like Konex are overrating. Not saying Miami can't win the next 2 in Miami but I don't see that shit as a given. San Antonio is gonna play and they aren't Indiana.

effzee

They flop, but not like the Heat do. Not to that level and not so ridiculously obvious and constant(now if they still had Bowen the Spurs would still be my least favorite team - such a thug piece of shit)

They whine more then any team I've seen and I am a Pelicans fan that had CP3 and David West for most of their careers.

It's more striking that people like you are so blind to your own team that you legitimately don't understand why so many have issues with your team.

I'm not blind to anything. BTW my team is the Sixers.

I know Lebron and Wade flop. I know they get calls. Superstar calls. I know they whine.

My point is all teams and players do. You only notice it as more or as worse because of your opinion of the Heat.

Reducing every single Heat game, win or lose, as some statement on Lebron's legacy and complaining about refs is just beyond annoying now. It's nothing new or exclusive to this Heat team or Lebron. We can't even discuss actual plays, strategy, or matchups because 9 out of 10 posts are about refs, Lebron this, or Lebron that.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Bosh was pretty critical this game. I'm starting to think he's the 2nd best player on the team now.

When Bron was out the team looked terrible except for Bosh.

"The Heat outscored the Spurs by 11 points and shot 60.4 percent from the field with LeBron James on the court, per ESPN."

Bunch of garbage basketball. I checked out at half time and probably won't be coming back. The NBA lost me after the Bulls left. These refs are absolutely fucking horrible.

I have no doubt that this sport is fixed for 6 or 7 games.

andthebeatgoeson

I know Lebron and Wade flop. I know they get calls. Superstar calls. I know they whine.

My point is all teams and players do. You only notice it as more or as worse because of your opinion of the Heat.

Reducing every single Heat game, win or lose, as some statement on Lebron's legacy and complaining about refs is just beyond annoying now. It's nothing new or exclusive to this Heat team or Lebron. We can't even discuss actual plays, strategy, or matchups because 9 out of 10 posts are about refs, Lebron this, or Lebron that.
Well, that and you can't bullshit about strategy or coaches decisions. Spurs made some dumb decisions down the stretch.

BpqFyfeIMAAR5UV.jpg

Bunch of garbage basketball. I checked out at half time and probably won't be coming back. The NBA lost me after the Bulls left. These refs are absolutely fucking horrible.

I have no doubt that this sport is fixed for 6 or 7 games.

so how many times are you going to submit slightly different variations of the same post

Anyone else just not feeling this finals? These games have been close so I should be hype, but this shit feels dry. Two teams fighting for yet another ring. I would probably be all over this if it was like GSW versus the Knicks or some shit. Two thirsty ass squads with a lot of players fighting for their first.

But this shit? Dry as fuck, both teams just pad their already decent storyline if they win. Im ready for the regular season to see who rebuilds whether Rose returns to form and what moves happen in the offseason.

Fuck this shit.
This finals has been amazing outside of the last 2:30 or whatever of game 1

Slurmer

Banned

Great post. I don't post much here but these threads are always unbearable whenever the heat are playing for the exact reasons you point out here.

yuraya

Anyone else just not feeling this finals? These games have been close so I should be hype, but this shit feels dry. Two teams fighting for yet another ring. I would probably be all over this if it was like GSW versus the Knicks or some shit. Two thirsty ass squads with a lot of players fighting for their first.

But this shit? Dry as fuck, both teams just pad their already decent storyline if they win. Im ready for the regular season to see who rebuilds whether Rose returns to form and what moves happen in the offseason.

Fuck this shit.

The two best teams are in the finals. You seem to just not like either team. The 3rd and 4th best teams in the league lost in conference finals. Everything is the way its supposed to be. The regular season and playoffs are very predictable in the nba. Its always been like that. The sport runs off dynasties.

MPW

think miami will win this in 6 games now

heat will win the next two games at home, lose game 5, win game 6 at home

Fuck this shit.

The Knicks?! Wow what the fuck are you talking about?

Jonm1010

Banned

People notice it more because the heat do it more. But yes, everyone does do it to an extent.

What is there to discuss strategy wise? I think everyone is in agreement.

The spurs blew their free throws, got in foul trouble and had no answer to Lebron guarding Parker. That sums up the final quarter.

The other factor was the fouls though - which you want to dismiss - thats where the controversy lies, which is what drums up discussion. The strategic failures on the spurs and the heat gameplan isnt really in dispute.

The fact is if the wade flop didn't get Manu into foul trouble and kawhi didn't get 2 bullshit calls on him the game goes entirely different at key points. Kawhi is guarding Lebron instead of Diaw, Manu doesn't come out or play timid.

Ultimately the game fell on the spurs because they had a chance to win it despite all the fuckery but they blew it several times still.

As for levrons legacy you are overgeneralizing and projecting shit onto me and I don't know why. I'm not questioning his legacy. Just venting frustration at what has been a staple of the heat franchise and how frustrating it makes to watch them when they get away with it. Ultimately I don't blame the Heat, I blame the league for allowing it to go on.

If the Heat win I'll just take a break from the NBA until something new and actually interesting comes along. It's no big deal when you follow so many different sports.

I really do miss seeing salty Lebron walking off the court though. Those were the days.

Fjordson

Sixers really need to hit in this draft and hope last years picks, both the rookie of the year, and the missing in action rookie of the year become borderline all stars.

Chances are low :(
As a UK fan, I hope Noel pans out. He was pretty amazing in college before his knee injury.

effzee

People notice it more because the heat do it more. But yes, everyone does do it to an extent.

They do it more? Do what more? Flop? Can you back this up with any #s? Just from a simple eye test I would wager the Clippers and especially Chris Paul flop more.

Harden leads the league in getting to the FT line and getting BS contact calls. Thunder get the free throw advantage a lot.

What do the Heat do more?

What is there to discuss strategy wise? I think everyone is in agreement.

LOL what? All the posts are about refs and bitching about Lebron. There is tons that can be discussed but year after year, page after page, and post after poster is all about refs and the Heat getting away with it.

The other factor was the fouls though - which you want to dismiss - thats where the controversy lies, which is what drums up discussion. The strategic failures on the spurs and the heat gameplan isnt really in dispute.
What did I dismiss again? I never claimed they don't flop, whine, or get calls.

But the Spurs got more calls especially in the fourth when with 6 minutes left they had Miami in foul trouble. They could have driven to the rim the rest of the way and expected to get a call and go to the free throw line.

They weren't as aggressive. Miami went more to the line this game because they simply didn't settle for 3s and drove to the rim.

There is no controversy except for the constant controversy fans make up in their heads.

The fact is if the wade flop didn't get Manu into foul trouble and kawhi didn't get 2 bullshit calls on him the game goes entirely different at key points. Kawhi is guarding Lebron instead of Diaw, Manu doesn't come out or play timid.

Ultimately the game fell on the spurs because they had a chance to win it despite all the fuckery but they blew it several times still.

As for levrons legacy you are overgeneralizing and projecting shit onto me and I don't know why. I'm not questioning his legacy. Just venting frustration at what has been a staple of the heat franchise and how frustrating it makes to watch them when they get away with it. Ultimately I don't blame the Heat, I blame the league for allowing it to go on.

Wade flop didn't get Manu in foul trouble. Manu made all those bad passes and shot the ball himself with no foul trouble looming over him. How are you even projecting that on him? The flop was much earlier in the game and had no real affect on the game rest of the way.

Leonard getting in foul trouble is simple. Lebron drove to the rim right from the start. He will get the benefit of the doubt. The more frustrating part is Lebron not realizing this every game and being this aggressive instead of settling for jumpers or running the whole offense to set up 3 point shots.

Just seems like you don't want to give Heat credit so you invent other reasons as the main reasons why they win.

This is even worse than the Lebron stuff. Just stupid and childish. No one should be mocking injuries.

That said I knew it was coming the minute it happened and especially how everyone thought it was funny to do so to LeBron.

If the Heat win I'll just take a break from the NBA until something new and actually interesting comes along. It's no big deal when you follow so many different sports.

I really do miss seeing salty Lebron walking off the court though. Those were the days.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHH. This is so sad.

They do it more? Do what more? Flop? Can you back this up with any #s? Just from a simple eye test I would wager the Clippers and especially Chris Paul flop more.

Harden leads the league in getting to the FT line and getting BS contact calls. Thunder get the free throw advantage a lot.

What do the Heat do more?

LOL what? All the posts are about refs and bitching about Lebron. There is tons that can be discussed but year after year, page after page, and post after poster is all about refs and the Heat getting away with it.

What did I dismiss again? I never claimed they don't flop, whine, or get calls.

But the Spurs got more calls especially in the fourth when with 6 minutes left they had Miami in foul trouble. They could have driven to the rim the rest of the way and expected to get a call and go to the free throw line.

They weren't as aggressive. Miami went more to the line this game because they simply didn't settle for 3s and drove to the rim.

There is no controversy except for the constant controversy fans make up in their heads.

Wade flop didn't get Manu in foul trouble. Manu made all those bad passes and shot the ball himself with no foul trouble looming over him. How are you even projecting that on him? The flop was much earlier in the game and had no real affect on the game rest of the way.

Leonard getting in foul trouble is simple. Lebron drove to the rim right from the start. He will get the benefit of the doubt. The more frustrating part is Lebron not realizing this every game and being this aggressive instead of settling for jumpers or running the whole offense to set up 3 point shots.

Just seems like you don't want to give Heat credit so you invent other reasons as the main reasons why they win.

This is even worse than the Lebron stuff. Just stupid and childish. No one should be mocking injuries.

That said I knew it was coming the minute it happened and especially how everyone thought it was funny to do so to LeBron.

It doesn't even make sense since Parker came back to play. Pretty corny lol.

Cipherr

This finals has been amazing outside of the last 2:30 or whatever of game 1

The two best teams are in the finals. You seem to just not like either team. The 3rd and 4th best teams in the league lost in conference finals. Everything is the way its supposed to be. The regular season and playoffs are very predictable in the nba. Its always been like that. The sport runs off dynasties.

Yeah I guess its just me then. I already know these are the best two teams in the league this year. Everyone knows this, hell we all knew it last year. I have just gotten to a point where I guess I find the other developments in the league more interesting than seeing the rich get richer, and thats including Miami, my favorite team.

I've probably just been reading the offseason threads of other boards to much. All the possibilities for next season are way more exciting than this shit so far.

"Ohhh my cramps"

"Ohhh our A/C"

"Ohhh we missed our free throws"

"Ohhhh Kawai is getting shit on"

"Oohhhh the refs!"

Boo fucking hoo.

Edit: Maybe its the regular season that left me unfulfilled. The East was SHIT this year, what a fucking ripoff. Bring back Rose.

Mxrz

This is why I end up pulling for LeBron. Such fabulous overreactions.

But seriously, defending Spurs by bitching about flopping after the Manu/Parker era is just a giant cup of wat.

effzee

Because every time the Heat fuck up I have to see Action Bronson's fat ass on here trying to tell jokes, but if they win he's running off to watch WWE or Bowling. Come on.

If Lebron wasn't in the finals every year or winning multiple rings he would still be in NBA threads celebrating Lebron and the Heat losing.

Because every time the Heat fuck up I have to see Action Bronson's fat ass on here trying to tell jokes, but if they win he's running off to watch WWE or Bowling. Come on.

I'm just a casual Heat hater man you know how it is. If they lose it's hilarious if they win it's whatever.

If Lebron wasn't in the finals every year or winning multiple rings he would still be in NBA threads celebrating Lebron and the Heat losing.

I doubt it. I think you can go back to those threads and you would see I had my laughs and moved on.

Pimpwerx

This is why I end up pulling for LeBron. Such fabulous overreactions.

But seriously, defending Spurs by bitching about flopping after the Manu/Parker era is just a giant cup of wat.
This. Ginobli getting trolled tonight was legit funny. It was like that Harden-Ginobli double flop the almost tore a whole through the space time continuum. I was surprised at some of the reactions. PEACE.

Kanguro

Neo Member
I wonder if Spo will stick with the switching strategy on defense. It worked to great effect with Dallas until the Spurs figured it out and crushed them, but it seemed to bother them again here.

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps using it sparingly as an end of game change up (much like LeBron on Parker).

Leonard looks like he needs to get his shit together but at the same time, LeBron just seems much more comfortable attacking him. Not sure how much his defense has slipped and how much is just LeBron showing no mercy.

Can't ask for a better basketball series than this. The Lakers and Spurs of the early 2000s were great, but there's no denying that whoever got out of the west was the defacto champion and the Finals were a formality. Nice to have an actual series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom