• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd TOPANGA Charity Cup | JP SSFIV AE 5on5 Tournament | April 8

I wish Naruo would use teleport more. It's not that great, but it's still a teleport. You have to show it's there to make your opponents think next time they knock you down. Plus when they're right in front of you, they can't punish you at all(depending on who they are).

Holy shit at that tatsu, what the fuck happened?! Explain it to me Rice-Eater!

You can special cancel the hop kick into every version of his Tatsu. The EX one acts like a air EX tatsu while the rest work differently from the normal grounded tatsu's.

Edgeward

You can special cancel the hop kick into every version of his Tatsu. The EX one acts like a air EX tatsu while the rest work differently from the normal grounded tatsu's.

Dang, that's a pretty cool and unique property. Thanks.

Sad that Itabashi had to run into the worst match-up with one of the best Sagats.

Arde5643

Goddamn that match between RF's Sagat and Abel (is that Shiro?)

Anyone knows how the state of AE is in Japan? From the looks of it, it's still quite popular.

rCIZZLE

Man, fuck all these other games we play. If everybody put their effort into AE and we had a bunch of people at this level we wouldn't need to stream anything else. Top level AE is maximum hype.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I can't watch on nico nico. I have an account, but it tells me there are too many viewers and I have to pay or something. Can't tell. it's all anime drawings and moon speak.

:(

Lulubop

I can't watch on nico nico. I have an account, but it tells me there are too many viewers and I have to pay or something. Can't tell. it's all anime drawings and moon speak.

:(

Try the link on this page, I just made my account and stuff a few minutes ago and it's working fine.

Arde5643

Well, it recently beat out TTT2 in revenue making for arcades over there. And Tekken usually holds the crown for revenue making in Japan. (Past few years)

niiiiceeee - glad to see AE 2012 holding up very well. Apology Edition definitely made up for the bitter taste of AE.

Fucking Kazunoko - jeeeeez, Yun's supposed to be nerfed, damn it.

Anyone knows how the state of AE is in Japan? From the looks of it, it's still quite popular.

SFxT hasn't hurt it at all, it's still the most popular fighter over there by far. Besides the US, I think SF4 is still the top game in every major region of the FGC world. I think once the new-ness of SFxT passes, people will come back to AE in America.

Arde5643

Daigo should have used Yun. That's the character he's been using the most lately. But it's a charity event he said.

I dunno about that - while Ryu has a bit bad match-ups, his Yun definitely doesn't compare at all to Kazunoko's.

Altho he can probably use Yun as his secondary.

I dunno about that - while Ryu has a bit bad match-ups, his Yun definitely doesn't compare at all to Kazunoko's.

Altho he can probably use Yun as his secondary.

Daigo and Kazunoko usually go back and forth with their Yuns. At GodsGarden, Kazunoko beat Daigo. At Daigo's kumite, Daigo beat Kazunoko. And at the Arcades, they usually trade.

I want to see Kazunoko back on North American soil. He won Canada Cup pretty free, I'd love to see him come back and have another go at it for EVO. I don't know his financial situation, but if he can make it I'd love to see him come to EVO.

As for Daigo, I think Daigo's switch back to Yun is his realization that SF4 is Vortex Fighter 4 or Set Up fighter 4 or OS Fighter 4, or whatever you want to call it. But very solid zoning and footsies can be negated by these power house mix up characters like Viper, Yun, and Seth. Maybe he really does want to win with Ryu, but I think this is his realization that his best chances stand with a character of that type.

My goodness, this Vega has annihilated every dive kick character he has faced today. And isn't that character type suppose to be his worse match up?

Top Bottom