• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL + Zelda: ALBW bundle = $150 at Target on Nov 28-30th [@AskTarget Says Yes]

The dream is dead, called another Target only to be told that they had "just sold the last one." Well I'm done trying congrats to everyone that was able to score one. Enjoy your new 3DSes, I'll just weep here in the corner.
One Target told me they would have more stock early next week. Maybe you can try back on a Tuesday? Not sure if it will still be going for $150 tho

Kintaco

One Target told me they would have more stock early next week. Maybe you can try back on a Tuesday? Not sure if it will still be going for $150 tho

I'm sure it won't be sale price. I can pick it up at Best Buy for normal price, but the $70 discount was a major motivator.

Friggz

This might be a reach this late, but i just returned 3 of them to the target in south windsor, CT, if anyone wants to try to grab one before the store closes.

I bought them on Wednesday in hopes of trying to do a price adjustment today, but they wouldn't let me.

Unicorn

You most certainly can - it's all about how you approach it. Read my post here.

Yeah, I read that. Gave the same advice to my friend. He called 2 other Targets and they basically said, "Too bad, so sad."

I feel bad because I told him he'd totally be able to get it adjusted. I bought my XL earlier in the year before the weekly sale they had for 3DS's at Target and took the receipt back a few days later when the actual sale started and it was no problem.

This, though. They are saying since it was a Black Friday deal they can't do it. They said if he was to return / refund instead of price adjust that they have to send returned items out somewhere and that he wouldn't be able to buy it back. Sounds like semantical bullshit to me since I've worked retail for years. To me, he's just getting a bad run of managers who don't want to help him out - either there's enough people trying to do this (scalpers, maybe) that they'll just blanket-bullshit everyone.

GeeDuhb

Yeah, I read that. Gave the same advice to my friend. He called 2 other Targets and they basically said, "Too bad, so sad."

I feel bad because I told him he'd totally be able to get it adjusted. I bought my XL earlier in the year before the weekly sale they had for 3DS's at Target and took the receipt back a few days later when the actual sale started and it was no problem.

This, though. They are saying since it was a Black Friday deal they can't do it. They said if he was to return / refund instead of price adjust that they have to send returned items out somewhere and that he wouldn't be able to buy it back. Sounds like semantical bullshit to me since I've worked retail for years. To me, he's just getting a bad run of managers who don't want to help him out - either there's enough people trying to do this (scalpers, maybe) that they'll just blanket-bullshit everyone.

Wow, "sending them out" is the stupidest excuse I have ever heard! Yeah, it's all about who you talk to...some managers will help you out, while some don't give a shit.

Mii

Banned
I can understand the problem the managers are trying to curtail; however, all of this could have been avoided, or at least significantly reduced, if there was a system in place that limited shoppers to 1 per person. I'm assuming Target just doesn't have the ability to implement that in-store, otherwise I don't understand why they wouldn't for a product like this.

Nicko

Thanks so much for all the support and tips everyone! After some serious hunting tonight, I was able to finally pick up the Zelda bundle at my local Sunnyvale, CA Fry's with a target price match! FYI for anyone in the bay area, they had about 5 more of the Zelda bundles in stock!

First went to Walmart hoping to get a price match. Their store showed 14 in stock. Employees hunted around for half hour trying to find stock, only to eventually find out that they had all been stolen during the Black Friday rush. Checker felt bad and told me he heard that Target had just been restocked down the street. Went over to Target and sadly found no more Zelda bundles :( Clerk was kind enough to let me know he saw a ton of them at Fry's, and that he thought they might price match. Target did have a single black 3Ds XL, which I decided to pick up as a consolation in case Fry's was out. Stopped by Fry's on the way home to find a bunch out on display! Customer service was very nice, and price matched without any questions. I did have a physical Target ad on hand however, which they did ask to keep.

All in all, I'm now left with a Zelda bundle and Black XL all for $320! I have not decided if I want to keep the extra xl for my gf, or if I should return it/sell on eBay.

Good luck to anyone still hunting!

semaanator

Neo Member
I had given up hope after having called every Target and retailer that price matches. I went to Walmart to pickup a Christmas tree and lo and behold, in the glass case was a single 3ds xl system... and it happened to be the Zelda bundle! The associate said he couldn't price match it because I didn't have the target ad (he wouldn't accept the online site as proof). He was upset it was the last one so I told him, "are you sure you're saying you can't do it for me because you want it for yourself? Let me speak to a manager." The manager happily pulled out a stack of Black Friday ads from local retailers, found the target ad which listed the gold zelda 3ds bundle for $149.99, price matched it for me, and I took off! Now I'm sad I had already bought ALBW on the 22nd when it launched, but I'm going to sell my digital download code! Anyone have a recommendation on the best place for me to do that? As the biggest Zelda fan around, this was fate! I was sad that I've never been able to buy the limited edition consoles because I always buy my Nintendo consoles/games on launch day!

I had given up hope after having called every Target and retailer that price matches. I went to Walmart to pickup a Christmas tree and lo and behold, in the glass case was a single 3ds xl system... and it happened to be the Zelda bundle! The associate said he couldn't price match it because I didn't have the target ad (he wouldn't accept the online site as proof). He was upset it was the last one so I told him, "are you sure you're saying you can't do it for me because you want it for yourself? Let me speak to a manager." The manager happily pulled out a stack of Black Friday ads from local retailers, found the target ad which listed the gold zelda 3ds bundle for $149.99, price matched it for me, and I took off! Now I'm sad I had already bought ALBW on the 22nd when it launched, but I'm going to sell my digital download code! Anyone have a recommendation on the best place for me to do that? As the biggest Zelda fan around, this was fate! I was sad that I've never been able to buy the limited edition consoles because I always buy my Nintendo consoles/games on launch day!

That's usually the case for me. I guess its a good thing Nintendo makes new revisions of their handhelds every couple years. The larger screen was an excuse to double dip!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
So I'm at another Target right now and they have three Zelda bundles in the display case. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU...

Barney

Neo Member
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm Planning to get one and best deal I found so far is this bundle + Start Fox 64 3D for free, is it a good game? is this deal worth it?

Top Bottom