• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Darryl

Banned
I volunteered to prevent El Topo from being able to go on the mission with Ezekel. It's a bad idea and even talking about it is wasting our time. I will not unvolunteer.

squidyj

There's no control system for the mission so I think I'll do what I want with respect to it, I mean we're running around with chickens with our head's cut off anyways.

I think that we let ourselves get talked out of a system and now we jus have this anarchy which gives us nothing as town, absolutely nothing.

I mean even quantumbro's question about me is ridiculous in context, he wants to get new people on the mission but questions when someone new volunteers, he has no basis for his questioning and it's oppositional to his thesis that we should get different people on the bloody mission.

Furthermore what can possibly be gleaned by asking this question? what can you even learn from my response without a greater framework? mission volunteering has no context, it is meaningless information because the system is no system, it is anarchy, the volunteers exist within a vaccuum and it's ridiculous, so fuck it, I might as well go.

oh QB just catching up with us. okies. i dont think we should end the day early, then.... :3 maybe give some of the laggers time to catch up and stuff.

my position hasnt changed

im open to lynching seath / el topo / possum

not opposed to risking the neck of our Sterling either, if that'll gain any info. he's bulletproof but he will get notice PM if he gets attacked right?

squidyj

He never answers my question directly: why does he not want to be tested for bulletproof? I think he is not bulletproof, is a town that told Palmer the conditions under which he is protected, and his been hiding in the missions ever since.

Either that, or he is scum. Please not how Darryl will only contribute when it comes to discrediting me, trying to lynch El Topo, and telling me he will "fuck" all my "anti-town plans".

If zeke is telling the truth then there is no way we can trust El Topo, either he attacks zeke and we don't actually know shit, or he doesn't attack zeke and we kill him tomorrow, either way it's a waste of town's time.

If zeke is telling the truth then there is no way we can trust El Topo, either he attacks zeke and we don't actually know shit, or he doesn't attack zeke and we kill him tomorrow, either way it's a waste of town's time.
I just want to rule out whether he's lying about bulletproof or not. That is the easiest way to tell if he is a liar. And lynching liars is the best policy any of us can adopt.

Scum predictions: ezekel, Darryl, and squidyj, for not being open to testing roleclaims.

squidyj

I just want to rule out whether he's lying about bulletproof or not. That is the easiest way to tell if he is a liar. And lynching liars is the best policy any of us can adopt.

Scum predictions: ezekel, Darryl, and squidyj, for not being open to testing roleclaims.

or I just think your plan is stupid because the information we get back doesn't actually help us in the majority of likely situations.

You said you had a scum read on me earlier too, why don't you go ahead and tell us what's that about?

I cannot even remember why I thought you were scummy. This Loco Topo stuff has drained me so much along with the shock that Ezekel refuses to be shot in the face that I have forgotten. It is in my notes at home somewhere, will share tomorrow.

He never answers my question directly: why does he not want to be tested for bulletproof? I think he is not bulletproof, is a town that told Palmer the conditions under which he is protected, and his been hiding in the missions ever since.

Either that, or he is scum. Please not how Darryl will only contribute when it comes to discrediting me, trying to lynch El Topo, and telling me he will "fuck" all my "anti-town plans".

In a way, it's kinda funny watching the town being played to vote for moves that don't help them one bit.

There's no control system for the mission so I think I'll do what I want with respect to it, I mean we're running around with chickens with our head's cut off anyways.

I think that we let ourselves get talked out of a system and now we jus have this anarchy which gives us nothing as town, absolutely nothing.

I mean even quantumbro's question about me is ridiculous in context, he wants to get new people on the mission but questions when someone new volunteers, he has no basis for his questioning and it's oppositional to his thesis that we should get different people on the bloody mission.

Furthermore what can possibly be gleaned by asking this question? what can you even learn from my response without a greater framework? mission volunteering has no context, it is meaningless information because the system is no system, it is anarchy, the volunteers exist within a vaccuum and it's ridiculous, so fuck it, I might as well go.

Wow, I sure lit a fuse with that question. Just FYI, I'm totally for you going on a mission, if I wasn't I would've voted for ya or asked ya to unvolunteer. I just found it odd that in our "system of anarchy", no one had any second thoughts about you volunteering out of nowhere and you did so before Ezekel got his volunteer in.

oh QB just catching up with us. okies. i dont think we should end the day early, then.... :3 maybe give some of the laggers time to catch up and stuff.

my position hasnt changed

im open to lynching seath / el topo / possum

not opposed to risking the neck of our Sterling either, if that'll gain any info. he's bulletproof but he will get notice PM if he gets attacked right?

He should.

squidyj

In a way, it's kinda funny watching the town being played to vote for moves that don't help them one bit.

Wow, I sure lit a fuse with that question. Just FYI, I'm totally for you going on a mission, if I wasn't I would've voted for ya or asked ya to unvolunteer. I just found it odd that in our "system of anarchy", no one had any second thoughts about you volunteering out of nowhere and you did so before Ezekel got his volunteer in.

He should.

i wouldn't say lit a fuse so much as the straw that broke the camel's back.

squidyj

I cannot even remember why I thought you were scummy. This Loco Topo stuff has drained me so much along with the shock that Ezekel refuses to be shot in the face that I have forgotten. It is in my notes at home somewhere, will share tomorrow.

you're not keeping notes?

About the question you said I skipped, idc for letting 3 ppl in on the mission. As I said when I first revealed my role, me being on a mission will allow you guys to catch the HP. So idk why you are trying to making it seem like I have something to hide by not answered that part of your post.

Responses below...
Honestly, you seem to be really afraid of letting El Topo live and go on the mission, which says a lot, cause you really should be indifferent to all this if you're telling the truth to us.
You and Kris seem to be really be tunneled in on my bp claim and not letting ET die, which says a lot.

He never answers my question directly: why does he not want to be tested for bulletproof?
That is a flat out lie. I've answered it several times. I think it's a waste of time, or he may be HP if you don't like one choose the other. Either way you/squidy/QB won't be getting a chance to see my NK immunity claim thru ET, since he most likely going today.

or I just think your plan is stupid because the information we get back doesn't actually help us in the majority of likely situations.

This is what I've been saying the whole time. Either way ET dies today or the next day. Saving it for next day is just a waste a time since we would learn more from his death than trying to see if I'm bp.

Guys~

Can I get some singsongs from these people please: Arkos, Hobohodo, TheGoddamn - you guys havent voted yet for D3.... gimme words. Pls. Opinions, suss list, commentary, anything at all!

YNNNY lives off words

I might die out of starvation :< Pls.

===

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

El Topo (7)
squidyj
cabbeh
Palmer_v1
Mike_Hawk689
EzekelRAGE
Darryl
YesNOnoNOYes
cabbeh
EzekelRAGE
Kristoffer
Darryl
Mazre
squidyj

Septimus Prime (1)
squidyj
Haly
Seath
cabbeh
Darryl

TheAwesomePossum (1)
Haly
Kristoffer

Haly (0)
squidyj

Seath (0)
YesNOnoNOYes

Darryl (1)
Septimus Prime

Mazre (1)
QuantumBro

Kristoffer (0)
EzekelRAGE

Palmer_v1 (1)
Enker

YesNOnoNOYes (0)
Septimus Prime

No active vote for Day 3:
Arkos
cabbeh (has previously voted)
El Topo
Hobohodo
Palmer_v1 (has previously voted)
TheAwesomePossum
TheGoddamn

Day 3 ends:
t1440104400z1.png

cabot

Anyone who says lynching topo isn't a good move for town is now in my suspicious book. The man has derailed conversation for two game days, good chance he killed a power role and has really done very little to benefit anyone but himself.

Please stop thinking he's useful. He's practically a troll at this point

cabot

Like guys, seriously. One of the main tenets from my novella back there was that you can't trust El Topo, then he briefly questions my point and then ends up proving me right anyway.

El Topo

Anyone who says lynching topo isn't a good move for town is now in my suspicious book. The man has derailed conversation for two game days, good chance he killed a power role and has really done very little to benefit anyone but himself.

Please stop thinking he's useful. He's practically a troll at this point

Well, is lynching me technically optimal? I doubt that, but it's understandable, given the track record. Anyway, saying that a neutral shouldn't be lynched, in particular one that could've tested Ezzi's claim, is among the least suspicious moves, if I dare say so.

You get rid of a neutral, don't test Ezzi's claim, all those that are so desperate to go on a mission can do so and town loses (most likely) at least one town member during the night. It's hard to see why one would object against lynching me.

Topopi~, are you gonna make good on your offer you made in this post here or what:

So yeah, basically that's it. I could explain why I did what I did, how I misread other players or how I decided to embrace my inner Blarg, or who I actually consider suspicious, but I don't think it'll help you guys much.

It was a lot of fun. Next time I'll probably lay low and play reasonably again, but given the theme I just couldn't resist. Can't really go full Blarg if you're town or mafia, so I had to seize the opportunity.

cabot

Alright, since there aren't that many posts, and I feel like we should push some non-Topo flavoured discussion, I'm going to examine Enker's behaviour since the start of the game, offering my feelings and a general read of him from the details.

Here we go:

Party time.

Also, I am one of those “GAF blocked at work” folks, so it’s posting at night (EST) during the week - if you’re wondering what happened to me. Nothing shady about that, no sir.

First post he made, Clarifies his inactivity. Fair enough.

What I would like to know is, if KGB are in both a mission and headquarters, do they get 2 kills in one night?

Confirming rules. Expected in the early phase.

I like the idea of democratic voting. As was mentioned, if there are 6 KGB then allowing 4 of them to jump the gun every time gives us much smaller odds of lynching one successfully.

As such, I am inclined to assume the first 4 to volunteer are KGB until we get more information (Mazre, Palmer, Arkos, Tiger). By no means am I ready to cast a vote yet.

Eh, implying he was alright with the idea of 6 KGB, which I think is pretty high, I think El Topo having a kill power probably reinforces this as false.

The rules appear to say you can only target someone at night who is in your group, mission or town. Cops and other night power roles (yet to be known if they are in this game of course) in theory would want to remain in the town for the widest range of people to use their powers on. Thus, for every KGB that goes on the mission that gives those roles staying in town a much smaller chance of hitting KGB on an investigation.

Although I am rather new to Mafia as a whole, so who knows?

This is a decent point, though I don't think KGB would fill all mission slots at once, KGB in the town group at this stage was still needle in a haystack.

Thank you for agreeing with me, I was beginning to think I was nuts. I think day 1 KGB putting all 4 in the mission gives them the best odds because of the randomness of the day, the littlest thing can get someone lynched.

This is not to say they did that successfully of course, there is no way to know what the odds are, but lynching in the group of 4 is probably better odds then the town proper.

Again, with his explanation in the post before this, his all 4 theory is a little more logical and you can follow it. I still think it was a stretch though, especially so early in the game.

Sounds like it has been decided, but I am OK with not setting up a mission voting system after reading Palmer’s posts today. We will learn more from people arguing for or against to try and convince those who get in first.

I don’t think I could have come up with a completely fair way of setting up this dynamic either, so we just have to live with how it is.

Now, because I didn’t answer the question yesterday, I think that someone is more likely to be a townie if they pose logical theories on what the KGB would want to be doing for the current day/night phase, or trying to figure out who other KGB members are by probing other people. Thus, either Squidy is doing a really, really good job of trying to post a lot now to evade suspicion, or he’s with the town (I believe you are with us). As for KGB, I’d think someone was KGB if they weren’t trying to help the town in any observable way, whether that be by not posting much or by posting fluff most of all. And of course, if they volunteer for the mission within the first 10 minutes.

Apologies if anything I might have postulated yesterday seemed totally out there - I am new to this. The game does seem to encourage “thinking out loud” though, and I really do think that the KGB would have rushed to volunteer first this round for several reasons. But, those who are saying only 1 would volunteer for each mission make sense too. We really won’t know for sure until at least midway through the game I guess.

So with that said, the only thing that makes sense right now is to vote for one of the first 4 volunteers in an attempt to see if they un-volunteer, which would hopefully tell us a lot and will immediately get my unvote.

Nothing personal, subject to change if someone is more suspicious later.

Vote: Mazre

This was probably the most substantial contribution made, it was beefy, had solid logic and a lot of points I would agree with, so I'd place it as pro-town attitude.

General Thoughts

Unlike the Danganronpa game, there’s very little evidence of anyone trying to bandwagon. From the beginner Mafia wiki reading, this is either because people will consider them scum for doing so or we want to stretch out the day. In retrospect I probably should have voted for someone day 1, but EOD day 2 isn’t too bad (problem is Mazre doesn’t care that much that he has votes, or that I attempted to get him to un-volunteer =) ).

Player Reads:

Palmer - “1st 4” logic, but plenty active and I agree with the sentiment about not lynching active folks yet. His points about wanting to be in the mission make even more sense with the clarification that the KGB can’t double kill if they have members in both camps. I consider him much less suspect then the other 3, but possible scum.

El Topo - Seems to have a good handle on the game and has stuck to his Roy vote while a decent amount of people have switched. See post 681/684 as an example. For now no evidence to presume scum.

YesNo - Appears to be matching her posting style from what I’ve seen on GAF, which is always a good sign that you aren’t trying to hide something. But then again, no votes yet, pressure will do a lot to anyone. For now there is nothing I’ve picked up that would cause me to suspect anything...scummy

Arkos - I really don’t know...possibly playing dumb? A 1st 4 suspect of course...and I nearly voted for him Day 2 before I ultimately picked Mazre.

I will attempt to post my reads on the others in another post.

Another good contribution, giving some reads. Something which I noticed when going through these is he does this a few times, more than I thought.

PSA for me on this: As I get home after 5pm EDT on weekdays Monday-Thursday, whomever has my vote tonight will have it until the end of the day phase.

Frustrating, but he has mentioned it early and does again the next day, so I can't really be annoyed about it.

Yeah, I am an idiot who posted the same thing again after I already knew it was wrong from earlier in the thread. Just was trying to post quickly last night because I got home very late and didn’t reread it. I was expecting to come in today to 4-5 people voting me due to that. Thanks for not doing so.

For activity concerns - This week I am writing my final paper for class so will be much more active come this weekend and beyond (still only at nights M-Th).

I’m trying to reread the thread now so if you have any other questions, particularly as this is my last appearance before the vote I’m here for another hour or two.

Eh, I counted from this post and 21 out of 33 were made after, so he has been more active than before, but not by much. Pick it up, man!

I’d also like to know what “getting caught by Honeypot” means. Can they target Archer separately from the rest of the KGB, leading to 2 kills in one night if he doesn’t go on a mission? And wouldn’t Honeypot want to immediately volunteer for the missions on D3 just to kill Archer now that we “know who he is”?

This is of course assuming that the Archer role is as described, which I doubt as making a player almost unkillable doesn’t make sense.

Clarifying a question, again being open and thinking out loud is what I consider town like (as long as it's not feeling like purposefully being ignorant, which at times it feels like this with Septimus)

Scrolling back don’t think anyone posted this yet:

Ezekel wasn’t on the mission last time, so if he was targeted wouldn’t that mean the Honeypot is either Mazre, GLT/Darryl, Arkos or Palmer (Unless the HP is a third party)?

It was discussed, and yes it could be possible, but it could also be possible the KGB didnt expect to hit Archer first and slipped up.

My attempt to play devils advocate with myself about this situation.

Known Facts
Nobody died N1
The Doctor couldn’t “protect from beyond the grave” after we lynched him.

“Assumed”
KGB kill as a group and one person PMs the kill order

Ouro considers it a “Honeypot” kill if the Honeypot is in the same group as those ordering the kill (option B here is that the Honeypot must message the kill to Ouro).

Ezekel is Archer, Honeypot exists

Ezekel had an attempt on his life N1, but not by the honeypot thus nobody died.

At least 3 KGB based on starting player total. This is like a “normal” Mafia game if they outnumber us they win.

Potential Scenarios Given the Above (not listed in any order of likelihood):

A) Honeypot is Neutral and needs to kill Archer to win. Well, we’re pretty well hosed then unless we send the same two people on a mission from now until the end of the game. Which…well…protects Ezekel and one other (hopefully non-honeypot) person from being killed for the rest of the game. Thus eliminating the missions as a X-Factor in this game and enabling Mafia to kill whomever they choose.

B) Honeypot is KGB and is only one who can kill Archer, but that is NOT her win condition. In this case, and if my assumption about how the Mafia kills is correct, keeping Archer in missions with one other person either wins Town the game or lynches a KGB person after Archer is killed one night.

C) KGB is screwing with us with a no-kill N1. Archer was a random element they didn’t expect, either true or not (see D and E).

D) Ezekel is lying and Town, now this one would be interesting. Self Preservation motive but very anti-town.

E) Ezekel is lying and KGB, thus eliminating the missions as a X-Factor in this game and enabling Mafia to kill whomever they choose.

What’s the KGB motivation?
If I was KGB I’d want to take away the possibility of missions. Too much unknown about who volunteers when and inviting suspicion. In this case A or E would be most likely in my book.

Decent contribution, offering some insight into his feelings into the Archer/HP situation. I think maybe Topo could be HP and his balancing is the fact he has three attempts to kill. Note: Basing this on what Topo has claimed, which I admit is not credible.

Disclaimer post: As was the case last week, I will not be available for the deadline rush tomorrow as it ends before 5pm EDT, so I will vote tonight and that will be my vote until the end.

I am currently rereading the entirety of D2, but my list of possibilities is currently (in no order):

Ezekel (if I come to the conclusion he is lying)
Darryl (for being the reincarnation of GLT + the sudden volunteer)
Palmer (Honeypot?)
Mazre (Honeypot?)
Arkos (Honeypot?)
Septimus (D1 to D2 change is striking)

I personally don’t see the reason for voting for Squidy or El Topo right now more then the list above.

May change this vote later, but as Darryl currently has votes of the 3 Honeypot possibilities we know about + the volunteer thing...

VOTE: Darryl

Well I disagree about his line on Topo here, but he offers at least some insight into his Darryl vote, which is better than what others did at this point.

I agree, the odds of Ezekel dying tonight are basically 0 due to all of the attention called to the Honeypot thing, that’s basically asking for the other volunteers to be lynched one by one.

However, that could potentially be why he did volunteer - to defer suspicion. Just because Honeypot and Archer are in the same pool does not mean Honeypot has to kill Archer that night. As noted, Darryl is a potential Honeypot suspect because GLT was one for being in the first mission. It’s a bit of an odd move to volunteer now, but it doesn’t exactly imply Honeypot unless Ezekel dies tonight.

That’s the problem with trying to find the Honeypot. Either A) It’s all a trick and he/she doesn’t exist in the game, B) He/She does exist but we have no clues aside from 4 “possibilities” (but potentially a lot more then that) unless they are killed/lynched or Archer dies.

Offering opinions on Archer/Honeypot/Darryl. Good post.

Yeah, I just should have said Honeypot candidate for Darryl, which is what I meant (as GLT was one of the first 4 volunteers)

Realized it was a mistake to link GLT and Darryl's behaviour, fair dos.

We should have a very good read that Honeypot is not neutral by the beginning of D3 when people volunteer. Based on who those folks are, and assuming Archer isn’t dead tomorrow, then the Honeypot would not be acting in their own best interest with that win condition.

If they are neutral, as I noted before, we have already lost the game because Ezekel claimed Archer so it’s a matter of time. Unless he’s not, of course.

Possibility. Hey guys, Topo wasn't acting in his own best interest, just for fun, right?

Meh, well this sucks. Either we have a neutral party on our hands or KGB gets 2 kills after all.

Feedback from N1

My updated list of information. Feel free to poke holes if I missed something.

List of the Fallen:
Visualante2 (Lynched D1) - Doctor #1 - could protect one person at night
Zubz (Lynched D2) - Ordinary Drone
Bubeting (Killed N2) - Analyst, could listen in on the Mission night chat, could not post
RoytheOne - (Killed N2) Doctor #2, Clone - could protect one person at night AFTER Visualante was dead

Known Facts
Nobody died N1
Two deaths N2 (so Two deaths in one night is possible)

List of People in Town Each Night:
N1: TheGoddamn, roytheone, cooljeanius, Septimus Prime, Burbeting, cabbeh, Mike_Hawk, Enker, ElTopo, EzekelRage, YNNNY, Zubz, QuantumBro, Seath, Hobo, Haly, Squidy, AwesomePossum

N2: KILLED (roytheone, Burbeting) TheGoddamn, cooljeanius, Septimus, cabbeh, Mike_Hawk, Enker, YNNNY, Arkos, QuantumBro, Seath, Hobo, Haly, Squidy, AwesomePossum

Power Roles In Play
D3NEW - (Assumed) KGB Investigator Role
(Assumed) Honeypot, only one who can kill Archer
(Assumed) Neutral Serial Killer (may be same as Honeypot?)

The Volunteers
N1 - Mazre, GLT/Darryl, Palmer, Arkos
N2 - EzekelRAGE, Mazre, Palmer, Darryl
N3 - (as of right now) Mazre, SquidyJ, Cabbeh, EzekelRAGE

“Assumed Facts”
(Note - Yes, I did see your update on this Cabbeh but am keeping it the way I had it given tonight’s events)

KGB kill as a group and one person PMs the kill order

Ouro considers it a “Honeypot” kill if the Honeypot is in the same group as those ordering the kill (option B here is that the Honeypot must message the kill to Ouro).

D3NEW - People on a mission can’t kill those in town. This is in the rules but...

D3NEW - KGB can only kill once per night

Ezekel is Archer, Honeypot exists

Ezekel had an attempt on his life N1, but not by the honeypot thus nobody died.

At least 3 KGB based on starting player total.

D3NEW - Per El Topo, apparently there are unaligned roles. Odds are high that at least one of these people is a Serial Killer role.

D3NEW - The KGB have been VERY specific with their kills. They likely have a role that can investigate or who already knows who we are.

Honeypot is NOT Palmer, Mazre or Darryl if the role is as described.

Potential Suspects:
D3REVISED - Honeypot is Neutral and needs to kill Archer to win. If this is the case, then Mazre, Darryl and Palmer are NOT the Honeypot.

D3New: Our list of suspects is TWO of the following: TheGoddamn, cooljeanius, Septimus, cabbeh, Mike_Hawk, Enker, YNNNY, Arkos, QuantumBro, Seath, Hobo, Haly, Squidy, AwesomePossum. This is the list of people who were in town N2 and relies on the assumption that people on the missions can’t kill people left in town.

He makes two posts like this and while they offer some thoughts, I still don't think they're particularly useful. I'd prefer sticking to reads and actual opinions based on posts made than offering a massive hypothetical brain dump.

That (apparently?) turned into this...

If there was a “clear hint” why all the hype about today?

Questioning Topo here.

IF Ezekel is telling the truth that he survived a brush with death as well N1, then we either have 3 people that can kill in the game or one of you is lying.

AKA one of you is lying. It’s almost impossible to believe 3 people can kill independently as this would seem to heavily screw up this game’s balance.

I'm not sure about this post, I read it and even with the quote he responded to, I didn't really understand where he assumed 3 people could kill. Someone was lying though, we had that confirmed.

While we’re noting things, what was said during the mission chat? Did you guys press Ezekel at all for any information on his role?

Following up with volunteers on mission chat. Sensible move

Indeed, it sounds like fun. And that makes vote v1:

VOTE: Palmer_v1
I crack myself up

This one confused me, I've been reading Enker up until now as town going through these posts. Palmer obviously got the ball rolling on Topo and despite being initially frosty on him (As stated previously, I find it hard to read him) I would be comfortable saying I'm around 75% sure he's town.

This one just stuck out like a sore thumb, care to offer a bit more detail, buddy?

Let’s be lucky nobody roleclaimed Katness Everdeen, Archer on Fire before me, because otherwise we’d have a counterclaim on our hands.

I count 7 El Topo votes right now, which is less then 10, but close enough to be careful. I feel like there’s more Archers to come out of the woodwork so I won’t contribute to the day potentially ending early today.

Well he got in on the role claim jokes at least.

CONCLUSION: I've been off Enker for a while, and I was expecting to find the greatest scum read of all time when I decided to go back over his posts. Fortunately, I was disappointed. I read him as town, though I definitely feel he should be posting more, and focus less on the mega brain dump posts and focus more on the day-to-day discussions going on. I understand his job and coursework is a bit of a pain for his activity, but I'd like to see him keep on top of most big things throughout the day phases.

I'm saying I trust Enker just now. Little in his posts (aside from the Palmer thing, which I'd like more explanation about) has me suspicious currently. I'd place him at around 60% townie.

Have at ye.

Eh, does it really matter anymore? I assume you want my suspects?

Yesh :> Pls~ Or just people who you think are KGB and people who you think are most likely Agency.

To YNNNY, it still matters. I think you played Blargly this season, but you had played in previous GAFia games and probsy has some experience and some opinianz~ give them to me~ givegive~

cabot

Well, is lynching me technically optimal? I doubt that, but it's understandable, given the track record. Anyway, saying that a neutral shouldn't be lynched, in particular one that could've tested Ezzi's claim, is among the least suspicious moves, if I dare say so.

You get rid of a neutral, don't test Ezzi's claim, all those that are so desperate to go on a mission can do so and town loses (most likely) at least one town member during the night. It's hard to see why one would object against lynching me.

Would I rather have one kill a night instead of two kills where one of those kills will be based on counting on a man who hasn't helped the townie cause up until now?

Yes. Yes I would.

Hobohodo

Guys~

Can I get some singsongs from these people please: Arkos, Hobohodo, TheGoddamn - you guys havent voted yet for D3.... gimme words. Pls. Opinions, suss list, commentary, anything at all!

YNNNY lives off words

I might die out of starvation :< Pls.

I gave my opinions on the ongoing discussion yesterday in this post. Since then all that had happened is that everyone claimed to be an Archer of some sort. I believe El Topo's new claim more than his previous as it doesn't give him gadgets that serve no benefit to his supposed win condition but I'm still not sure about his claimed win condition. Just needing to kill any 3 people seems pretty easy. If I was him I would just pick off 3 inactives as they would be less likely to get protection from doctors, then he is just concerned about getting role blocked himself.

I made a post just before the multi Archer claim of August about how you can consider me to have a vote on El Topo or Septimus, just didn't wish to vote El Topo at the time as he was close to the ten needed. Right now I will still vote El Topo unless someone can persuade me that the he shoots Ezekel plan is a viable one. It's the only way I'd be happy to let him live. I'm really indecisive on this matter, il read a pro shoot post from a player and support it then read an anti shoot post and support that and the flip flopping just continues. Not to mention the issues of us even organising this now.

So yeah that's where I'm at, giving quick update with breakfast. Also I really hope that URL thing works, hate making posts on mobile, never know what I'm gonna got.

I gave my opinions on the ongoing discussion yesterday in this post. Since then all that had happened is that everyone claimed to be an Archer of some sort. I believe El Topo's new claim more than his previous as it doesn't give him gadgets that serve no benefit to his supposed win condition but I'm still not sure about his claimed win condition. Just needing to kill any 3 people seems pretty easy. If I was him I would just pick off 3 inactives as they would be less likely to get protection from doctors, then he is just concerned about getting role blocked himself.

I made a post just before the multi Archer claim of August about how you can consider me to have a vote on El Topo or Septimus, just didn't wish to vote El Topo at the time as he was close to the ten needed. Right now I will still vote El Topo unless someone can persuade me that the he shoots Ezekel plan is a viable one. It's the only way I'd be happy to let him live. I'm really indecisive on this matter, il read a pro shoot post from a player and support it then read an anti shoot post and support that and the flip flopping just continues. Not to mention the issues of us even organising this now.

So yeah that's where I'm at, giving quick update with breakfast. Also I really hope that URL thing works, hate making posts on mobile, never know what I'm gonna got.

Thanks Hobo!!!

OK so that's potentially another Topopi vote.

El Topo

Hobohodo, I wouldn't target inactives, nor players that just joined. It might be reasonable to do so, but similar to other reasonable strategies I consider it bad taste.

Would I rather have one kill a night instead of two kills where one of those kills will be based on counting on a man who hasn't helped the townie cause up until now?

I didn't say it was not understandable, I was just saying that not lynching me is a fairly reasonable move. You guys can emphasize the importance trust all you want, but you can't really trust anyone.

The idea that at this point I would kill anyone just to troll you guys is ludicrous and frankly a bit offensive.

cabot

Just needing to kill any 3 people seems pretty easy. If I was him I would just pick off 3 inactives as they would be less likely to get protection from doctors, then he is just concerned about getting role blocked himself.

I'm starting to believe Topo could be the HP, and he has 3 chances to kill Archer.

That's the only way I think the 3 kill thing makes sense to me.

cabot

I didn't say it was not understandable, I was just saying that not lynching me is a fairly reasonable move. You guys can emphasize the importance trust all you want, but you can't really trust anyone.

The idea that at this point I would kill anyone just to troll you guys is ludicrous and frankly a bit offensive.

You can't really fully trust anyone. You can put some trust in others based on their behaviour.

El Topo

You can't really fully trust anyone. You can put some trust in others based on their behaviour.

You really can't. Not if there are capable players. Keep in mind mafia have a chat, which (I know from own experience) makes it much easier.

I would expect mafia to use a variety of behavior patterns to fly under the radar. Especially in the first few days, when useful power roles have not revealed themselves, it is very hard to uncover anything from behaviour.

That doesn't mean you can't find them, but during the first days it is likely more based on luck than (reconstructable/sound) reasoning.

Hobohodo

I'm starting to believe Topo could be the HP, and he has 3 chances to kill Archer.

That's the only way I think the 3 kill thing makes sense to me.

Could be worth us looking to see if there was a change in ET's posting habits after Ezekel came out as Archer?

El Topo

Yesh :> Pls~ Or just people who you think are KGB and people who you think are most likely Agency.

Seath claimed to be neutral (using the term unaligned initially), then backtracked. I think he also attempted to claim that he had been trying to prepare a trap for squidyj earlier? Either way, should've been gone (or forced to reveal) yesterday. I would've pushed for him, but you guys seemed intent on focusing on others and I was in no position of power.

Ezzi revealed his role without too much need. Fortunately for him it happens to be a role without active power, so he doesn't have to provide any information. He used his role reveal to avoid scrutiny/suspicion while going on missions. Also very insistent that we shouldn't test his claim.

Palmer has been actively pushing me before the first day ended and has made various posts that I would consider very questionable, especially coming from him. On the other hand he has been very active and exposed, additionally going on missions presumably to protect himself. Could be a (town) power role trying to survive using missions, could be a mafia member using a risky exposition strategy to obtain legitimacy. Given how highly I think of Palmer, I'd go with mafia actually.

These are not the only suspicious players and not necessarily the biggest suspects. I strongly doubt they are all mafia, in particular Seath should be neutral. I'll see if I can write a bit about Mazre and others later. I'm also not entirely sold on those that claimed to be ordinary drones, even if their claim is superficially sound, because it seems very disadvantageous to town to reveal that early (if true), but I haven't looked into it yet.

squidyj

Kinda amusing how Barry starts off as neutral and becomes a cyborg after almost getting killed.

So now you're trying to scare us into thinking we'll turn you mafia if we lynch you. I thought about that a lot but I'm not concerned. If it doesn't take the first time we'll just do it again.

El Topo

So now you're trying to scare us into thinking we'll turn you mafia if we lynch you. I thought about that a lot but I'm not concerned. If it doesn't take the first time we'll just do it again.

What? No. I'm Robin Hood. That's my actual role. Mock it all you want. You're not hurting me.

cabot

1) Seath claimed to be neutral (using the term unaligned initially), then backtracked. I think he also attempted to claim that he had been trying to prepare a trap for squidyj earlier? Either way, should've been gone (or forced to reveal) yesterday. I would've pushed for him, but you guys seemed intent on focusing on others and I was in no position of power.

2) Ezzi revealed his role without too much need. Fortunately for him it happens to be a role without active power, so he doesn't have to provide any information. He used his role reveal to avoid scrutiny/suspicion while going on missions. Also very insistent that we shouldn't test his claim.

3) Palmer has been actively pushing me before the first day ended and has made various posts that I would consider very questionable, especially coming from him. On the other hand he has been very active and exposed, additionally going on missions presumably to protect himself. Could be a (town) power role trying to survive using missions, could be a mafia member using a risky exposition strategy to obtain legitimacy. Given how highly I think of Palmer, I'd go with mafia actually.

4) These are not the only suspicious players and not necessarily the biggest suspects. I strongly doubt they are all mafia, in particular Seath should be neutral. I'll see if I can write a bit about Mazre and others later. I'm also not entirely sold on those that claimed to be ordinary drones, even if their claim is superficially sound, because it seems very disadvantageous to town to reveal that early (if true), but I haven't looked into it yet.

1)

No, I don't see a reason to lynch him because I am convinced he is neutral. I don't see the point of lynching a neutral player, when we don't know his goals or abilities

2)

The more I think about it, the more I tend to convince myself that Ezzi is telling the truth.

3) and 4)

You have accused me several times, yet not once have you taken apart my defense or proven me wrong. I think it is only fair that I criticize that, especially since I have nonetheless explained that I do not consider either of you (Palmer/cabbeh) mafia.

encore (just to reinforce this trustworthy gentleman) :

I will explain myself after the night has ended. I want to thank you for your trust. Even if I die tonight, rest assured your trust will not be for naught.

Well, fuck. Worse than expected. Didn't prepare anything because I wasn't sure if I would survive. I'll give you an update in a minute.

2999374-8194131681-dont-.jpg

I also would like to reinforce that we've had 3 power roles confirmed, and one claimed. All four of these are characters in the show.

Robin Hood? Is he in the show?

Seath claimed to be neutral (using the term unaligned initially), then backtracked. I think he also attempted to claim that he had been trying to prepare a trap for squidyj earlier? Either way, should've been gone (or forced to reveal) yesterday. I would've pushed for him, but you guys seemed intent on focusing on others and I was in no position of power.

Ezzi revealed his role without too much need. Fortunately for him it happens to be a role without active power, so he doesn't have to provide any information. He used his role reveal to avoid scrutiny/suspicion while going on missions. Also very insistent that we shouldn't test his claim.

Palmer has been actively pushing me before the first day ended and has made various posts that I would consider very questionable, especially coming from him. On the other hand he has been very active and exposed, additionally going on missions presumably to protect himself. Could be a (town) power role trying to survive using missions, could be a mafia member using a risky exposition strategy to obtain legitimacy. Given how highly I think of Palmer, I'd go with mafia actually.

These are not the only suspicious players and not necessarily the biggest suspects. I strongly doubt they are all mafia, in particular Seath should be neutral. I'll see if I can write a bit about Mazre and others later. I'm also not entirely sold on those that claimed to be ordinary drones, even if their claim is superficially sound, because it seems very disadvantageous to town to reveal that early (if true), but I haven't looked into it yet.

:D

I wanna play with you when you are serious one day. Your Blargonaut incarnation is quite a thing, but I think with Blargonaut, one has to go Full Blargonaut, whilst the same can't be advised for going Darryl. One should never go Full Darryl :O

Thanks very muchly for these. If you can do a Mazre later, that'd be awesome!

cabot

hey buddy, it doesn't take very long of looking at his posts in seeing lies and contradictions.

I'm very close to voting on him because I feel he's now just spreading misinformation and confusion before he goes.

Darryl

Banned
Lmao @ that take down. He's not just full of lies but contradictions as well. I believe he said himself we should vote out the liars.

Good Enker post also. I have a hard time getting a read on him because this thread can move really fast.

Not as fast as the Cthulhu one when it was Full On Sorian v Blargonaut...

.... actually I think our game is the slowest out of the three, but we're sort of catching up to the pandas, huhuhuhu, watch out for us, pandaramas! >:D

El Topo will turn into Other Barry when we lynch him.

I'm finally incredibly suspicious of El Topo, after not being so for D1 and D2. It was his second role reveal that finally pushed me over the edge-- inconsistencies in his story, and deliberate misleading, are very anti-town, as well as his acting "for fun".

I was thinking about Kristoffer's plan (I still want to use the missions as a way to find mafia, as opposed to simply a way to be relatively more safe from a night kill), but keeping El Topo alive is just too much of a risk. A neutral claiming to have killed a power role, just to show that he hadn't forgotten about roy?

I've been asked to clarify my statement about roy's role casting doubt on Ezekel's Archer roleclaim.

Could you explain this sentiment more? I might have misread some prior posts.

Could you elaborate on your claim that Roy being a doctor casts doubt on ER? Not sure I'm following your reasoning.

How does there beign two docs put my roleclaim of Archer in doubt?

roy's role as the Krieger clone means that he could have protected the real mafia target on N1, given that roy's powers activated after Visualante, the original Krieger, died.

Considering that that Ezekel's primary basis for roleclaiming Archer is the lack of night kill on N1, it would follow that the new information re: a second doctor is a challenge to that proposition.

I've had a problem with the roleclaim because why would the mafia even target Ezekel on N1? He wasn't particularly prominent on D1. It seems more likely that mafia targeted a prominent player then, and roy also protected that prominent player.

And the real Sterling Archer (who most assuredly exists, given Ray Gillette) is just biding their time.

Unless I am missing/misunderstanding something?

Ezekel's vehement, repeated refusal to have his roleclaim tested also raised some flags. Granted, the plan involved El Topo, so it's reasonable.

Dammit, YNNNY, claiming my role as Batman... fine. I wanted to do this earlier, but I was on my phone so I couldn't get in on the shenanigans.

My name is Oliver Queen, the Emerald Archer.

For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal - survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish - to use the list of scum he left me and bring down those who are poisoning my city. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else.

I can attempt to kill at night at will, but the kill only succeeds if they are mafia or neutral (otherwise I am wracked with guilt)

I can be killed,

but will resurrect after three episodes by sheer will to live.

There's your ration of handsomeness, YNNNY. Don't starve!

Oh and

El Topo, you have failed this city.

(This is a preliminary vote for El Topo, but I too do not want the day to end prematurely.)

cabot

I've been asked to clarify my statement about roy's role casting doubt on Ezekel's Archer roleclaim.

roy's role as the Krieger clone means that he could have protected the real mafia target on N1, given that roy's powers activated after Visualante, the original Krieger, died.

Considering that that Ezekel's primary basis for roleclaiming Archer is the lack of night kill on N1, it would follow that the new information re: a second doctor is a challenge to that proposition.

I've had a problem with the roleclaim because why would the mafia even target Ezekel on N1? He wasn't particularly prominent on D1. It seems more likely that mafia targeted a prominent player then, and roy also protected that prominent player.

And the real Sterling Archer (who most assuredly exists, given Ray Gillette) is just biding their time.

Unless I am missing/misunderstanding something?

Ezekel's vehement, repeated refusal to have his roleclaim tested also raised some flags. Granted, the plan involved El Topo, so it's reasonable.

I think your assumption that mafia would go for a prominent member straight off the bat is wrong. On the contrary, surely you would go for the middle of the liners, who don't show much suspicion and don't particularly rock the boat. Why? because it's hard to create logic out of killing quiet non-entities. It's why I think burbeting was mafia target on N2.

He was coming off as town (in my opinion) but he was posting at a level that was deemed acceptable, but not over the top.

This is why I think that ezekel's claim is not weakened by roy's death. I could be wrong, but hey, it's all reads and opinions, right?

His reaction to Mission: Intopoble fits with the idea that there is still a chance that El Topo could be the honeypot. I guess we just don't really have enough of a solid link one way or the other, except the lack of a counter-claim currently leaning towards Ezekel being honest.

cabot

I guess I should also say that I believe that Ezekel fit the mold I described in my response to you, TheGoddamn.

I see I'm the top poster now. I never thought I'd be anywhere near this when I was spectating season 2 and contemplating playing!

Top Bottom