• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well...well it'll be like Paradise Alley, that actually is about wrestling! And it has Stallone singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ali3tvSpVOg&feature=player_detailpage#t=68s

Stallone was in one of my favorite shows, before he hit it with Rocky - here's a clip of him in an episode of Kojak, seriously one of the best goddamn cop shows on the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL1a7VCp-q4

I am incapable of talking about wrestling. :|

Paradise Alley is a sweet ass movie.

tumblr_m9h7jaUGZz1ruwc07o1_250.gif

So, here's my weekly self plugging

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7t1APbFln4&feature=youtu.be
Video of me taking over SRPW and forming my Golden Alliance from a few weeks ago. There's some good stuff in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGdvLYE-ktU - Heavyweight Title Match from last weekend. Towards the end I get put in a sharpshooter and I'm not very manly about it.

http://www.facebook.com/BArthurisgolden

This week we'll have a cake. I wonder if someone will be put through it.

Keep plugging your work, man - I like what I see! You've got the chops for it, I'm tellin' ya!

Well, Pan did have boyish good looks.

First thing I said when I saw that kid was "That's the therapist's son...his 21-year-old son, trapped in the body of a child! There's an evil presence at work here!"

My friend gave me a weird look.

I may or may not be playing too many trans-dimensional video games lately.

Bryan/Kane tag team seems the likely path of this anger management storyline.

...And I would be very very okay with that team.

I want this so much. I wish WWE would just take the path of least resistance, and team up Bryan and Kane and make them wreak rabid, manic havoc. Or that they'd form a team with Sandow and Rhodes and just let them act like insufferable, condescending assholes 24/7.

WHY DON'T THEY USE THEIR BLASTED TAG TEAM DIVISION
WHY
THEY'VE GOT TONS OF PEOPLE AND THEY JUST LET THEM ROT
WHY DON'T THEY USE IT
KLSVSDBJOGFBJOGRHJIPGROGJO

There's a sale over at www.smartmarkvideo.com on DVDs & MP4 downloads - 25% off when you spend $60 or more. Only runs until August 29th at 11:59PM EST.

Gonna grab a bunch of ACW shows.

SousedLouse said:
WHY DON'T THEY USE THEIR BLASTED TAG TEAM DIVISION
WHY
THEY'VE GOT TONS OF PEOPLE AND THEY JUST LET THEM ROT
WHY DON'T THEY USE IT
KLSVSDBJOGFBJOGRHJIPGROGJO

Because spending time on the tag team division, giving a shit about more than two teams, just takes away from time needed for the all-important recaps. Sure, more wrestling would be awesome, but apparently WWE thinks their audience is as thick as shit and needs constant reminding of what happened last week, what happened an hour earlier, hell, what happened before the advert break.

But Cole told me the tag division is hot right now and there are a bunch of teams gunning for Kofi and Truth!

That's the coldest "hot tag division" I ever done saw.

When is the WWE going to understand that taking a bunch of loser jobbers and trying to force a tag division ain't gonna work? You have the Kings of Wrestling contracted...USE THEM. Get some new *FAST* working talent, make the matches different and exciting. Get Alex Shelly, bring up Tyler Black, get some new blood in there.

And on another note, what was the point of The Miz vs. Cena on Raw? Did everyone forget how good Cena is already so he needed to beat the IC Champ? This is why they don't have a midcard.

jmdajr

There's a sale over at www.smartmarkvideo.com on DVDs & MP4 downloads - 25% off when you spend $60 or more. Only runs until August 29th at 11:59PM EST.

Gonna grab a bunch of ACW shows.

Because spending time on the tag team division, giving a shit about more than two teams, just takes away from time needed for the all-important recaps. Sure, more wrestling would be awesome, but apparently WWE thinks their audience is as thick as shit and needs constant reminding of what happened last week, what happened an hour earlier, hell, what happened before the advert break.

I was surprised how long the women's match went on last night.

The tag team division has been worse, right now we have:
Air Boom Truth
Prime Time Players
Rosa Mendez
The Uso Twins
Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel The Hot Cops
Mexicools Hunico + Camacho

Hypothetically we'll also have:
Rhodes Scholars
Team Red + Angry

And in NXT we have:
Kings of Wrestling (I wish)
Ascension (Least favourite part of NXT)
Mike Dalton/Jason Jordan (Team Whipwreck?)

They have the talent for the division, they just have to let them do something about it.

Cagey

Banned
Raw is like anti-hype in its current form. 3 hours is just too much. I sound like a broken record now but the show has been so flat every week since they went 3 hours. The crowds have been bad too which only makes the show feel longer. And that's with me skipping a ton of the show. I don't know how you live viewers do it.

Raw Fave Five

1. Daniel Bryan + Kane in anger management. Yes, Kane is on the fave five. SoulPlaya, put your shirt back on, don't nobody wanna see that.
2. CM Punk's blood
3. DVR FF button
4. HHH. This young up and comer has a bright future ahead of him. Very humble.
5. Breaking Bad last night. God tier episode.

bAJig.png

I couldn't put it any better if I tried. Each week, I'm watching RAW in a shorter amount of time. Three hours is a brutal marathon. And it's a shame, too: the Anger Management segments demonstrate that, when they're on, the writing staff can produce seriously entertaining segments.

EDIT:

Rhodes Scholars

This is brilliant. Throw Otunga in there, too, if I'm not going to get my pipe dream Ivy League tag team. What's cheaper heat than a know-it-all smart guy in wrestling? A stable of know-it-alls.

XenoRaven

The tag team division has been worse, right now we have:
Air Boom Truth
Prime Time Players
Rosa Mendez
The Uso Twins
Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel The Hot Cops
Mexicools Hunico + Camacho

Rhodes Scholars
Team Red + Angry

And in NXT we have:
Kings of Wrestling (I wish)
Ascension (Least favourite part of NXT)
Mike Dalton/Jason Jordan (Team Whipwreck?)

They have the talent for the division, they just have to let them do something about it.
Other than those top three I have seen the tag teams you listed three times collectively. Twice for the Usos and once for Rhodes and Sandow.

For those wondering how one can sit through a three hour RAW, I'll tell you my secret. I'll use last night as an example. Any time HHH was mentioned, or there was a HHH recap, or HHH was on my screen, I began playing New Super Mario Bros. 2. I did this for every segment that I thought would be terrible and during every commercial break. The only time I felt like it was dragging on too long is when Zack Ryder came out. Not because I hate Ryder, but because I was wondering why he had a match in the third hour of the show. This was quickly remedied by Cole trying to run the ship solo as Kane sat down for "commentary". Seriously, if you don't have a handheld or you don't have a game you like on your phone, I would recommend you fix that. RAW is much more enjoyable when you have a distraction.

strobogo

Banned
A few more random thoughts on the Macho Man set:

HBK vs Macho was awesome as fuck. What's really weird was Sherri kicking Randy and Gorilla outright begging for Randy to "punch her in the mouth". And he didn't. But then Macho spat at her and Gorilla was happy about it. Can you imagine a face commentator begging for the face to punch a woman in the face? And then be happy he spat at her, but still bummed she didn't get decked? There is an awful lot of male on female violence on this set. Gorilla explicitly says Randy slapped the shit out of Liz all over the dressing room at WM5, he came close a lot to hitting her at ringside during his first heel run, he tried to take some shots at Sapphire (who is undefeated at WM, mind you. Sapphire vs The Undertaker, Streak vs Streak), just about every major match while he was King had he and Sherri being rammed or Sherri getting shoved. And this was in an era that was geared more towards kids than at any point.

Mega Maniacs vs Mega Bucks with Jesse Ventura as ref might be the pinnacle of that era. They had THE BEST MEGA HANDSHAKE ever after Liz pulls her skirt off that is the most 80s teen movie just pulled an awesome prank ever. It's tremendous. I wish someone gif'd it.

Macho vs Hogan at SNME had such a weird ending. This was the one with Buster Douglas as enforcer after he beat Tyson. So they do their normal Savage vs Hogan match, but the finish has Hebner down and out, Hulk hits the leg drop, Buster starts counting before Hulk even makes a cover, fast counts him, and Savage immediately gets up after 3 and completely no sells it. He was up the second the bell rang and arguing. So strange for someone to bounce right up after the leg drop like that. But Macho's taunting of Buster was hilarious. Then Hogan, being the great face he was, shoves Randy into Buster's punch. The first one I can't tell if it whiffed or hit him right in the face, so Buster did another punch that looked like it tore Randy's face off. Much better than the Tyson/HBK show down years later.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

TICK. TOCK. TICK. TOCK

You're runnin' out of time

NO. TIME. TO. STOP.

'Cause they are close behind

WHEN. THEY. COME. KNOCK.

They better know it's time

I'VE. GOT. THE. LOCK.

To keep them all in line

Well you can run and you can HI-YI-YI-YI-HI-YI-YI-de

When the evil's got you IN-SI-YI-YI-SI-I-I-de

C-C-C-COMBAT

Kofi and Rey need to fight with their sword collections, it would be a great way to write Mysterio out of the program for retirement as well as deal with those botched knees of his.

tm24

Yay! According to highspots PWG's Threemendous III ships today! Should have it by friday! This will be the best PWG weekend ever!

pants

If John Cena ever changes ring attire it would look so fucking weird if he went with briefs or big poppa pump/goldberg like short tights. Imagine he grew his hair out too lol

G-Fex

yeah that looks nothing like Batista

I'd love that Sin Cara figure I saw at my work but FUCKING 16 DOLLARS?

REALLY?

Sharkboy will just have to wait for a worthy and cheaper opponent

I think that means Scorpio Sky is the only wrestler to have made multiple appearances on both WWE and TNA this year. (Christian and Flair having only made one crossover a piece)

G-Fex

You pay for quality when you pay for Sin Cara, i'm sure HHH agrees.

Paying 16 dollars for one action figure is like Sin Cara pulling out a gun and robbing me.

and then I looked at the WWE Ring and saw it was like 44 dollars

WTF

I honestly don't remember it costing that much.

My mom surprised me one day with a WCW cheap ring that was less than 20

jmdajr

The only wrestling figure I ever had was this.

JakeTheSnakeRoberts.JPG

Man they have gotten so much better. And even then, I don't have one single Triple H figure!

edit: lies I do have this..

dm-savage.jpg

Top Bottom