• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not liking different time periods. WWII or Modern, otherwise no DICE. Of course though I am a sucker for anything DICE and will pre-order and buy the season pass day 1. Super hyped for tomorrows reveal.

The1Ski

Could we be looking at some kind of alternative history scenario?

High tech in a WWI timeline? Time travel, I think, is a bit much. But some alt history stuff could be really interesting. I'm just not sure if it fits Battlefield.

Evil Beaver

Until it actually launches and it's crippled for months by bugs and netcode issues. Fixed only when they dump it on another studio.

I've got faith that what EA/DICE learned from BF4 and Hardline will be put to use to not screw the pooch

Arcipello

Not liking different time periods. WWII or Modern, otherwise no DICE. Of course though I am a sucker for anything DICE and will pre-order and buy the season pass day 1. Super hyped for tomorrows reveal.

multiple time periods would really not work in a muliplayer game, it would be a complete mess in terms of player progression.

That low-poly collar. Looks like a ten years old game!

Yes, I'm joking.

I wonder if they'll sell me on this. I enjoyed BF4 but felt like I never played it enough to justify the high price for it and the map packs.

Imagine a Conquest battle set-up where each player chooses a load-out of vehicles and weapons from different eras. You could have a WW2 tank fighting an Apache gunship. It's a horrifying thought, multiple time periods.

Arcipello

That low-poly collar. Looks like a ten years old game!

Yes, I'm joking.

I wonder if they'll sell me on this. I enjoyed BF4 but felt like I never played it enough to justify the high price for it and the map packs.

i pretty much skipped battlefield 4...it was really nothing more than an incremental update to BF3 and the map design was so dull :(

a916

Multiple time periods could be really cool depending on the execution. Letting people chose what era to play in multiplayer would be a good way to cater to all sorts of fans too.

If by that you mean certain players choose one era, others a different one... then no. Fragmenting your multi-player base is terrible across the board.

multiple time periods would really not work in a muliplayer game, it would be a complete mess in terms of player progression.

Also complete and utter hell on the art department who now have less textures to re-use.

Lakitu

st5fu
Balancing multiple time periods just wouldn't work, or if it did, it would take too much time. Ain't gonna happen.

M2C3

Neo Member
Imagine a Conquest battle set-up where each player chooses a load-out of vehicles and weapons from different eras. You could have a WW2 tank fighting an Apache gunship. It's a horrifying thought, multiple time periods.

Got damn, that would such an interesting take on MP. Different era weapons against each other. I wonder if we will see a campaign similar to BO1/BO2: flashbacks and moving through time. I'm stoked for whatever DICE has up their sleeve.

Schlorgan

the next battlefield game is actually a sequel to darkest of days.

i've solved the mystery

I proposed something similar in the other thread. Though my proposal also involved a cryogenically frozen B Company being woken up in the future and being sent back in time to fix stuff. :3

Bobnob

I would like it set in the round about present,after trump nukes the middle east all shit breaks out, warfare in a apocalyptic present setting would be mint.

k4n3

Banned
honestly the thing that makes the most sense? why not all of them, no really do we need 40 assault rifles? why not 10 from each time period and for maps it wouldn't be that hard to have 3 or 5 set in another time just like the last DLC had near future theme

you could have WW2/MW/future all in one game and long as it has the same amount of depth as 4 it will be fine

With the way they are hinting, it really seems like it's going to be multiple time periods.

Maybe the story (lol) will be some grand conspiracy fiction stretching across generations.

The fact that they openly say "it could be the past, or the future, you better be ready for this one!" seems to suggest that

With the way they are hinting, it really seems like it's going to be multiple time periods.

Maybe the story (lol) will be some grand conspiracy fiction stretching across generations.

The fact that they openly say "it could be the past, or the future, you better be ready for this one!" seems to suggest that

Hagard got lost in time

Time to send Bad Company to retrieve him

Found copulating with a T Rex

Fin

Salz01

It would be so awesome to go across several time periods. Everybody wins. Almost too good to be true.

5taquitos

honestly the thing that makes the most sense? why not all of them, no really do we need 40 assault rifles? why not 10 from each time period and for maps it wouldn't be that hard to have 3 or 5 set in another time just like the last DLC had near future theme

you could have WW2/MW/future all in one game and long as it has the same amount of depth as 4 it will be fine

YES. 5-7 weapons per class of weapon, per time period. Plenty of guns and unlocks for everyone, plenty of variety. Give it to me.

RoKKeR

Eh, it just seems like Twitter BS to me.

Mindlog

So....
NK0779S.gif
?

That could be cool.

blacklotus

If it's definitely focused on either of the first world wars, lack of destruction, at least ground manipulation like BC2, is simply not forgivable.

What if it's focused on the second world wars? or the third old Wars? Or the Old Old wars?

*really confused at what you mean*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom