• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Shadow is either a trex or a giant mech

zzql9lc

Deadbeat

Banned
And Modern Warfare Remastered is coming out this year too.
Cod 4 on PC has community hosted dedicated servers (with increased tickrate). I dont see the remaster having anywhere near as good of an online experience. I also expect them to 'balance' the game somehow.

Are they making a seperate bf2142 game or not? Because if not then this could be that. Looking up at some big shadow, either a titan or a mech from bf2142?

My sources tell me to expect MechaHitler has the main antagonist in the game. He's apparently time traveled to kill the flesh version of himself before he's born, which turns out to be the catalyst for Earth2 WW1.

I still think alt history ww1/2 just means they will invent a storyline that never really happened and recreate battle scenes that never happened. Not have dinosaurs and mechs lol.

But I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'm just so hyped that we're getting a new gen game that takes place in that setting.

I'm confused does no one remember what DICE did with Battlefront? they shit the bed hardcore. I don't have confidence in whatever this is being feature complete. Even if it touches on some interesting concepts.

BF4 was subpar at best even.

I'm confused does no one remember what DICE did with Battlefront? they shit the bed hardcore. I don't have confidence in whatever this is being feature complete. Even if it touches on some interesting concepts.

Wat...

They really didnt. Battlefront was done in 2 years. And was a complete game if you like it or not.

They fucked around for so long and the graphic clearly became the focus (Ready at Dawn style), that the flight mechanics were subpar. No space battles. Half the modes are pointless, the launch game barely had any maps. The character creation was laughable (connected to leveling) and the gun balancing is still reactive rather then pro active.

But hey it was pretty (An i'm a graphics whore). Hope that's not the case with whatever this is.

Das-J

Law of the West
I wonder how many EA/DICE people are reading this thread and are either really stoked or really bummed. xD
I don't even work there anymore and I'm pumped... Especially to see whatever ends up being the origin of that shadow.

DICE reveals always take it up to 11!

BF4 had a rocky start, yeah, but they worked their asses off to fix everything, all while supporting the game with free content for years beyond Premium.

The lack of single player in Battlefront was the big issue. The multiplayer played nicely and would have been a good welcome to a proper campaign. They limited themselves when making that game, though. They really didn't want to do anything to interfere with the original trilogy.

BF4 had a rocky start, yeah, but they worked their asses off to fix everything, all while supporting the game with free content for years beyond Premium.
Yeah that's what happens when you release a subpar game, you race to fix it. I'm not going to praise them for fixing their shit. Should have been better then it was at release. What kind of standards are people okay with today?

DICE made a game for Disney. Battlefield is Stockholm's baby and they aren't going to fuck around with it.

Cod 4 on PC has community hosted dedicated servers (with increased tickrate). I dont see the remaster having anywhere near as good of an online experience. I also expect them to 'balance' the game somehow.
The game would be better if they got rid of martyrdom so balance away

Bolivar687

Banned

I'm not down with everyone in here defending DICE but Battlefront was clearly something they made quickly but competently while getting their next baby ready.

BF4 was pretty damn good man.

I'm not down with everyone in here defending DICE but Battlefront was clearly something they made quickly but competently while getting their next baby ready.

BF4 was pretty damn good man.

Competently no, quickly yes. Battlefront should have been more then it was given the hype.

I beg to differ on BF4 was not their best work. Modern Warfare 1 & 2 is still kicking it's ass from great heights.

Elitist1945

I beg to differ on BF4 was not their best work. Modern Warfare 1 & 2 is still kicking it's ass from great heights.

Very different games for different audiences. And what are you comparing? BF4 certainly has more people playing it than MW/2 if thats what you're comparing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom