• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bern Your Enthusiasm (SNL, Larry David, and 2% Milk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you mean Super Dave.

superdave.jpg

Welp, consider my mind blown. Probably very late to this realization.

Futureman

anyone have a screen grab of Larry from the skit where the cops were practicing target practice? There was one shot where they showed a framed photo of his character....

Fitts

The Leon and Susie impressions were great. The Marty Funkhouser one wasn't that good, but I laughed my ass off when he showed up.

Good sketch.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Look, Monkey's Paw, I don't care if it's Larry playing Bernie or Bernie playing Larry, just give me a tenth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, holy shit.

Look, Monkey's Paw, I don't care if it's Larry playing Bernie or Bernie playing Larry, just give me a tenth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, holy shit.
So much this. My life is empty without a weekly dose of Curb.

That was the best thing SNL has done in a decade.

GavinGT

Banned
Since when does SNL have such high production values? Is this sketch some weird outlier or did they step up their game?

pestul

That was really high quality stuff (When I finally got to see due to the region lock). I don't fucking understand why this is locked and all of the Tonight Show clips are available in Canada...

rjc571

Banned
It was a sort of forced joke about Bernie losing Iowa by 0.2 percent.

No, the joke was that Bernie lost the election by 5 votes, so if he didn't piss three people off and make them change their vote from him to Hilary he would have won by one vote.

foxtrot3d

Banned
No, the joke was that Bernie lost the election by 5 votes, so if he didn't piss three people off and make them change their vote from him to Hilary he would have won by one vote.

They were both part of the joke, again it's the classic CYE situation, a minor event comes back to bite Larry in the butt big time. Both the 2% milk and the handshake play into him losing the primary.

SNL is finally getting their shit together, that was hilarious.

Nah, as someone else already said SNL has always been hit or miss with their sketches. Every time someone talks about the "glory days" they forget the hundreds of bad sketches that particular group had.

They were both part of the joke, again it's the classic CYE situation, a minor event comes back to bite Larry in the butt big time. Both the 2% milk and the handshake play into him losing the primary.

Nah, as someone else already said SNL has always been hit or miss with their sketches. Every time someone talks about the "glory days" they forget the hundreds of bad sketches that particular group had.

Sketch is always hit or miss, comedy in general, SNL just has a whole lot more of it spread over decades, and with the history and legacy its left behind the scrutiny becomes more focused.

Personally I think a lot of it is due to the environment and not focusing on hiring enough competent writers, way too political and nepotism like with Lorne serving as this dysfunctional father figure to aspiring cast members. Most people just aren't good at writing comedy, the whole system of everybody submits sketches has always been an unnecessary tradition. We know a lot of these people can do comedy from an acting standpoint, so let them focus on that strength. Then again had it not been for that kind of rearing in writing we may not have had Ghostbusters, Austin Powers, etc etc. Basically they should have a more vetted process of who's a competent writer in the first place and assign specialties accordingly. I mean 80+ sketches a week submitted, really? Totally unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom