• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black-ish S1 |OT| This might be good-ish. Wednesdays 9:30/7:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great episode tonight. Better than the pilot. The older kids are hilarious. And so is the husband and wife. Just well cast all around.

What a fantastic episode this week.
So damn funny.
The nod is a real thing.
The inappropriateness of the other guy at the dinner table was hilarious.

Dereck

Know about the nod for sure, I remember at a certain in time I was lecturing someone about it.

The show is still mostly

vCcup42.gif

but I'm still intrigued enough.

Vert boil

Nice to see Deon Cole getting some screen time.

The show has been okay so far. The mother and the youngest daughter are still the highlight for me.

jwk94

Know about the nod for sure, I remember at a certain in time I was lecturing someone about it.

The show is still mostly

vCcup42.gif

but I'm still intrigued enough.
It's crazy when some of my black friends don't know about the nod. For the longest time I thought it was only in my family.

Dereck

I have not been to any state or any part in a state where the nod did not work/happen if it involved me, lmao

maxcriden

Holy shit, this episode was hilarious. "Child molesters ruining it for everybody else." Bwahah. "Which toilet y'all not going to use till morning?" "....Whichever one you use!" Hahah. Awesome show.

Bgamer90

Banned
It's a good show. Third episode was solid. Still feel iffy about the show's name though -- feel like some will not watch it just due to the name alone.

Nice to see that it's doing well in ratings.

TripOpt55

Enjoyed this a lot. The Nod, Urinal Protocol and plenty of other funny stuff. I thought this episode had the better balance between more race-related material and then kind of just more broad stuff whereas the pilot leaned too heavily on the former and the second ep maybe swung too far the other way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
eps 2 and 3 were much better than the premiere, third was the best. I actually like the kid actors :/ The mom is great too. Show is growing on me

Penguin

I also like the notion that just because you share race doesn't mean necessarily BFFs, and there are some lines no one should cross.

But the "scrunch" scene at the end was lovely.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Man, Dre's work friend was killing me. That actor seems so familiar but I can't place where I've seen him before.

Enjoyed this a lot. The Nod, Urinal Protocol and plenty of other funny stuff. I thought this episode had the better balance between more race-related material and then kind of just more broad stuff whereas the pilot leaned too heavily on the former and the second ep maybe swung too far the other way.
That's pretty much how I feel. Nice balance this time around.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Decent episode this week. LOLd at the Harriet Tubman rant.
What also elevated this episode for me was the 4th wall stuff with the movie theater scene lol.

phaonaut

Just now catching up with the show, I'm starting to come around to it.

"You boys like chips and soda?" had me rolling.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This is okay so far, first ep I've seen, all these scenes with just the kids are bad though. They can't act without adults to play off of.

OMG that hotwheels track, that was amazing.

blakep267

This is okay so far, first ep I've seen, all these scenes with just the kids are bad though. They can't act without adults to play off of.

OMG that hotwheels track, that was amazing.

yeah. dre jr isnt bad when he's acting with anderson, but he was cringe worthy in the kids only scenes

TripOpt55

Another good episode. This is probably the funniest new show of the Fall. Also Survivor's Remorse had a bit about using a Hot Wheels track for whooping on an episode a couple of weeks ago. Didn't expect to see that again in a show so soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom