• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black-ish S1 |OT| This might be good-ish. Wednesdays 9:30/7:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Another good episode. This is probably the funniest new show of the Fall. Also Survivor's Remorse had a bit about using a Hot Wheels track for whooping on an episode a couple of weeks ago. Didn't expect to see that again in a show so soon!

Yep this is easily my favorite comedy of the fall. Everything else has fallen flat.

At first I cringed at the name of the show and then I watched it...now I love it. ABC seems to be on a roll with comedy shows while NBC is in a creative free fall

....Now I'm getting prepared for it to be cancelled

Slayven

At first I cringed at the name of the show and then I watched it...now I love it. ABC seems to be on a roll with comedy shows while NBC is in a creative free fall

ABC going to cancel the highest rated new tv comedy of the fall?

ABC going to cancel the highest rated new tv comedy of the fall?

If ratings are that good, then I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Usually for shows I love. Ratings are good for the first season then the second season comes and it does less than some other comedy show in the same timeslot, and it's pushed to Friday and then its killed...

Damn you ABC, Happy Endings was awesome

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just started watching this show. Caught up to the current episodes in one sitting. Really great stuff, can't wait for more...

But we (the Hannibal thread) will need Laurence back... Soonish.

We're not done with him yet.

Penguin

Best episode yet.

I loved the discussion in the office, where everyone is like yeah you should whoop... but only in the theoretical!

xnipx

I'm glad they touched on the topic. No way they would let him whip him with the AP backlash tho.

But it's good he still faced punishment that wasn't "time out" and actually touched on the reason why ass whippings aren't really any more effective than verbal punishment.

I wonder how "positive reinforcement over punishment" GAF feels about it.

cnorwood

Banned
I really hope this show sticks around, but I think its for middle-upper class blacks who live in white America like myself. I hope it sticks around

Dereck

Something about this show either seems, safe, or a little bland. The youngest kid actors are bad, and older kids' acting are so-so. I'm only watching this because so far, like Slayven said, it's letting out our secrets. I hope that the show gets some real chemistry going later on in this season.

Tracee Ellis, Laurence, and Anthony are kind of carrying the show right now I think.

acrid

Banned
Haven't seen the show yet. Does it rely entirely on racial humor, or is it like the Cosby show where race is never the butt of the joke?

DominoKid

died when this happened
G6je7Uvkl1r5jp55Bjawoy6a_400.gif

Something about this show either seems, safe, or a little bland. The youngest kid actors are bad, and older kids' acting are so-so. I'm only watching this because so far, like Slayven said, it's letting out our secrets. I hope that the show gets some real chemistry going later on in this season.

Tracee Ellis, Laurence, and Anthony are kind of carrying the show right now I think.

They could drop a few kids and I think the show would be better for it. Oldest daughter and youngest son.

ReiGun

We all know Pops is great, but Rainbow is amazing too. I was dying when she slowly started breaking into tears when they were watching Dre on stream.

And we all know a Charlie. You might related to him.

They could drop a few kids and I think the show would be better for it. Oldest daughter and youngest son.

I feel that last week's episode went a long way in giving the young son a niche, being the more normal "cute" one to contrast Dianne. The two bounce off each other well. The oldest daughter, however, is still completely pointless. You could drop her and the show would lose nothing.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Congrats, show. I'm ending your probation. You're officially a keeper.

ReiGun

Rainbow is just too damn hilarious. I was dying at the end scene with her stunting on the neighbor.

Pops would've been gold in this episode. Weird that he hasn't been in the last 2.

Could be Fishburne's schedule. He's also on Hannibal this season and Batman v Superman is filming now. Dude's busy.

.GqueB.

Banned

I originally saw the trailer and just kind of rolled my eyes. ABC really advertised this show in a bizarre way. I thought it was about some black guy trying to get back to his roots but I gave it a try tonight and they got pass that at episode 1. This show isn't bad at all.

Glad to hear it's doing well.

maxcriden

Hilarious ep again. The relationship between Dre and Bo and Dre's mother really had me cracking up. I think the stuff with the kids isn't always working as well as the stuff with the adults, but that will hopefully balance out with time.

Another great episode.
Bow's mother is amazing. Hilarious.
"Mexicans are dependable, affordable, and get the job done on time"
"What are all of those boxes doing in the garage?"
"I don't know, What are those websites doing in your browser history."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom