• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Trump Doesn’t Have Recordings of Conversations With Comey, Source Says

So the President just admitted on Twitter he has no idea if recordings are being made in the White House. Sounds like they run a tight ship over there. Nobody knows that the fuck anybody is doing.

He could have just said: there are no tapes. But of course he had to make himself look even more incompetent by implying someone else could have tapes.
Well, remember. This is the guy who thought the prior President had bugged the White House and was out to get him because he heard some stupid conspiracy theory to that effect and ate it up, so it wouldn't surprise me if part of him still thinks that could be true and that's what he's on about there.

But yeah. No matter how much time passes I still can't believe this guy of all people is President...

Why did he wait so long to announce it?

He fucking gets high and hard on people and cable news speculating about him. It makes him think he's superior he's got a plan and all these fake news peasants struggle to make anything out of it.

But he's not smart or two steps ahead. He's just stupid and full of shit. He just love all the attention he gets at every tweet.

cameron

A short sequence of events today. Reuters: House panel wants formal response from Trump on Comey tapes
The head of the U.S. House of Representatives' Russia investigation said on Friday he wanted a formal response from President Donald Trump to a request for records about conversations with fired FBI Director James Comey.

The House panel said on June 9 it had written to Don McGahn, the White House counsel, asking about the existence of any recordings or memos covering Comey's conversations with Trump and asked that copies of the materials be provided to the panel by June 23.

Trump wrote on Twitter on Thursday, a day before the deadline, that he did not know if there were recordings of his conversations with Comey, but he did not make or have any such recordings.

Republican Representative Mike Conaway, who is leading the House Intelligence Committee's investigation, told reporters Friday morning that Trump's tweet was not a sufficient response.

Adam Schiff, the committee's top Democrat, said in a statement on Thursday that Trump's Twitter comment stopped short of denying that the White House had tapes or recordings, and said the White House must respond in writing.

Representatives for Conaway and Schiff did not respond on Friday afternoon to queries about whether the White House had met the deadline to provide the materials.

Hours later, the WH's formal response includes Donald's tweet:
The White House has replied to the House Intel Committee, uses Trump's tweets to respond to their formal record request re: "tapes".

— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) June 23, 2017
SnUPP18.jpg

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Question: did Comey ever say that he, in fact, did not ever secretly record his meetings with Trump?

I could've sworn at some point there was the implication Comey might've recorded phone calls he had, but maybe I just dreamed it. It's hard to keep track of who is record who.

rjc571

Banned
It would be funny if he released a fake conversation he had with himself pretending to be Comey without making an attempt to disguise his voice and tried to pass it off as a real Comey tape. But of course, he would never do anything like that.

Zolo

I could've sworn at some point there was the implication Comey might've recorded phone calls he had, but maybe I just dreamed it. It's hard to keep track of who is record who.

Pretty sure 'recorded' there meant that he wrote down the conversation (or subject anyway).

Top Bottom