• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Indicates Tweet on Tapes Was Meant to Affect Comey Testimony

Sephzilla

I would laugh so hard if someone has a tape of the Comey and Trump meeting.

Oh god, this would be the best. Imagine if Trump made the threat about the tapes, then said they didn't exist, but then SWERVE the tapes were real and further verify Comey's testimony?

Oh god, this would be the best. Imagine if Trump made the threat about the tapes, then said they didn't exist, but then SWERVE the tapes were real and further verify Comey's testimony?

If that happens, I'm gonna weep tears of joy.

But yeah, whatever is coming, it seems to be pretty big. Like someone else pointed out, Wittes' "ticks" are in all caps this time around and he used that gif of a cannon about to fire straight into a soda can.

Not sure what's coming, and I'm trying my best not to have my expectations too high, but the tease is quite strong with this one...

Sephzilla

If that happens, I'm gonna weep tears of joy.

But yeah, whatever is coming, it seems to be pretty big. Like someone else pointed out, Wittes' "ticks" are in all caps this time around and he used that gif of a cannon about to fire straight into a soda can.

Not sure what's coming, and I'm trying my best not to have my expectations too high, but the tease is quite strong with this one...

Any time Wittes has done the tick tick tick stuff something juicy usually follows it up. I'm keeping my expectations low just because I have a hard time imagining what another big megaton could be after the shit that's already happened

I really doubt the all caps thing has any meaning though

Ponn

Banned
I still don't get how you keep claiming no obstruction when you literally fired the FBI director investigating possibly yourself and definitely cronies in your administration. It's like the big flashing neon sign.

cameron

Stating the obvious, an opinion piece on WaPo: ‘Fox & Friends’ propagates the most astounding piece of pro-Trump propaganda yet
Earhardt: It was a smart way to make sure he stayed honest in those hearings.

Trump: Well, uh, it wasn’t very stupid, I can tell you that. He was, he did admit that what I said was right. And if you look further back, before he heard about that, I think maybe he wasn’t admitting that, so you’ll have to do a little investigative reporting to determine that.​

Bolding added to highlight the single most astounding piece of pro-Trump propaganda since June 2015. Let’s juxtapose: On one hand, we have a lying president who made 669 false and misleading claims over his first 151 days in office. On the other hand, we have a career law enforcement official who was promoted to FBI director in part because of a famous act of integrity; who had won the respect of the FBI rank and file by the time he was fired by Trump; and who has told a wholly consistent and, thus far, largely unchallenged narrative of his dealings with Trump.

So the dodgiest president ever is keeping honest a man of proven integrity. A reversal this comical is possible only on one television news program.

And related to Fox News,
TwBxvsW.png

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/878254520182165504

Mosse

Neo Member
I believe that's actually how some presidents view the presidency. They learned and grew from and because of it.

I actually do think his inexperience is important to take into consideration in many cases. But yeah, if he did something illegal there's no excuse good enough for it. He should face the consequences. He shouldn't have fallen into the trap the Dems/Media/IC placed.

I don't think there have ever been a president that had to learn not to lie, intimidate people and behave like a toddler on twitter before. Someone that has to learn to not shit on every us ally for no reason is probably someone not qualified for the job. This is not a part time job at a gas station where you go in with no prior knowledge, learn the ropes, do a decent job and nobody cares if you mess up a bit. Everything the president do affect someone and having someone who don't know what they are doing could be dangerous.

Also how is any of this traps placed by dems/media/ic?

Lo-Volt

Dude, when your thread gets locked don't start posting it elsewhere. No one cares about teaser tweets with no information

That said, this Tweeter is a known associate of Comey and his alarms usually precede new hot fiyah. It isn't really rumor-baiting considering the source.

That said, this Tweeter is a known associate of Comey and his alarms usually precede new hot fiyah. It isn't really rumor-baiting considering the source.

We know. The point is that threads are made after the actual megaton drops. Not before, even if we're getting indicators of it coming.

Fergie

Banned
His mob boss persona at work.

Unfortunately for him that won't work well for him as president. Playing fire with seasoned government officials.

It's much easier when it's your own organisation though.

Seems like a odd move. A) is he implying that he made Comey honest? That doesn't bode well for him if he just defended Comey's honesty during his testimony. B) Didn't Comey wake up and leak the memos because of the "tapes" tweet?

Bad move, Donny

Or they could just get the actual information that develops, huh?

And some still would regardless. Nothing I did would change that. But some people, as evidenced in this very thread, like knowing they have something to look forward to or something to learn. Believe it or not, there's room for both scenarios.

Trump is QA testing the federal government. Hopefully all this shit gets patched out.

Unfortunately, the GOP is pretty much treating the government like AAA Western publishers treat their games: "Yeah, we know it's broken as shit, but release stuff anyway so we can get as much money as possible before people take notice!"

Donald Trump, a man whose excuses to get out of trouble are also crimes in themselves.

Trump is QA testing the federal government. Hopefully all this shit gets patched out.
Seriously. I've learned a lot about whats tradition and decorum and whats law over these past few agonizing months.

We're long overdue for an Executive nerf and some stability patches.

Clearos

Well thank you Mr. President.

I will assume Comey was afraid of the tapes so he testimony is 100% true. So that means Sessions or anyone else that tried to go against what Comey said is a liar.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This dude has literally and sometimes explicitly admitted to sexual assault, obstruction of justice, and threatening a federal witness at the very least off the top of my head.

He is the President of the United States.

maybe obama has the tapes? because he was spying on trump?

i can't keep track of which alternative facts our toddler in chief has abandoned and which ones he still believes in

Theonik

Did he just proudly admit to both obstruction of justice and witness intimidation as if that makes him a winner?

Eusis

Ooooooooo

So if he's implying that a megaton is going to happen.... I wonder what it could be?

#ThePissTapeIsReal
I half expect at this point that a million and one things to ruin him will be uncovered... yet the pee tapes will turn out to not have existed.

Sephzilla

Dude this thing just started with Mueller

Yeah, but I imagine he's likely inherited all of the information from the FBI investigation and congressional hearings. Plus this whole thing seems to be moving at a very accelerated pace compared to Watergate. I think hearing about any charges by the end of summer might be a little premature but I'd be stunned if we don't hear anything by winter.

I half expect at this point that a million and one things to ruin him will be uncovered... yet the pee tapes will turn out to not have existed.

I would laugh if his paranoia about the whole thing is what brings about his downfall (obstruction, etc) and then it turns out he never actually colluded with Russia

Top Bottom