• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Indicates Tweet on Tapes Was Meant to Affect Comey Testimony

Sephzilla

I suspect that much as well. Given how teflon-coated he is in the eyes of a sizable percentage of the (R) establishment, Mueller absolutely needs to drop a tactical-nuke-level bunch of hard evidence on his ass.

Basically Mueller needs to go on TV and say "President Trump committed the following crimes" and then be like

q03KG.gif

When the Fox interviewer suggested that the possible existence of recordings might make sure Mr. Comey “stayed honest in those hearings,” Mr. Trump paused before responding, “Well, it wasn’t very stupid, I can tell you that.”

I dont......

Was the interviewing basically giving out excuses on the Trump's behalf?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
The president could write out I AM GUILTY AS FUCK in his own feces across the windows of the Oval Office and the Republicans wouldn't do anything about it so long as he signs their tax cuts

BasicMath

GOP - "well the president is new to this"
Reasonable person - "well maybe he shouldn't be president then"
GOP - (hides in the bushes)
I understand the GOPs position.

He was the people's candidate and therefore the only choice they had. They didn't try to suppress him and undermine him using shady methods and such at least.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

He was the people's candidate and therefore the only choice they had. They didn't try to suppress him and undermine him using shady methods and such at least.

They should have. This is exactly why things like Superdelegates exist. Trump should not be near power because he endangers everyone.

FyreWulff

lololol they were trying to get rid of him all the way up to the convention

It's like the Obama birth certificate thing all over again. He just talks nonstop shit and everyone gives it legitimacy. You really can just do and say whatever you want when you're a billionaire.

andymcc

Banned
So did he just get rid of the tapes? Is that why all of a sudden he hasn't stopped talking about how there are no taies?

My theory is that tapes don't exist or they're exactly the way Comey described so worthless for the lying deep state narrative that Trump and his cohorts have been fabricating for awhile now.

I'm reading Trump's statement as "I didn't tape our conversation. I don't have a tape of the conversation. But you never know what's out there..."

Literally witness intimidation.

No no... it's Trump's version of mental chess!

Interviewer: So, the tweet was meant to alter Comey's testimony?

Trump: Not alter, make more truer! If that tweet hadn't been made, Comey could have said anything about me up there. Knowing that I could have taped him is what made sure what he said was only the truth.

Interviewer: So the tweet was strategic--

Trump: So strategic.

Interviewer: --to keeping Comey's testimony honest.

Trump: Yes. It was so strategic and I think very smart.

Interviewer: So it made sure Comey was telling the truth up ther--

Trump: So important.

Interviewer: --when he said you asked for loyalty as well as requested he drop the Flynn investigation?

Trump:

tenor.gif

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I've helped pass and signed 38 Legislative Bills, mostly with no Democratic support, and gotten rid of massive amounts of regulations. Nice!

Which???? Also, didn't he tweet Comey was a liar after the investigation?

RPGCrazied

I've helped pass and signed 38 Legislative Bills, mostly with no Democratic support, and gotten rid of massive amounts of regulations. Nice!

He thinks Executive Orders are legislation. lol

Nothing more needs to be said.

They should have. This is exactly why things like Superdelegates exist. Trump should not be near power because he endangers everyone.
No, that's not why superdelegates exist. They exist so political elites are able to have a greater say in selecting a candidate than the voting populace. It's definitely undemocratic, but it isn't there to make sure a crazy person doesn't get the nom.

The larger problem is how superdelegates essentially voted before the public and then shaped the media narrative

Mosse

Neo Member

That still doesn't change the fact that "give him some slack he is new to this" is a really dumb way to try and shift blame from every stupid thing Trump says. The presidency shouldn't be a learn as you go kind of job, his stupid actions affects lifes and shouldn't be shrugged off with "well maybe he does better next time".

Ithil

Good god, he thinks him signing toothless executive orders is the same as signing things into law. He legitimately thinks because he signed a thing on the Oval Office desk, that's the same as making new laws.

He doesn't even know how his own job works.

He thinks Executive Orders are legislation. lol

Nothing more needs to be said.

Smart man!

Good god, he thinks him signing toothless executive orders is the same as signing things into law. He legitimately thinks because he signed a thing on the Oval Office desk, that's the same as making new laws.

He doesn't even know how his own job works.

I do love one of the comments:
Pep Rosenfeld @peprosenfeld

Replying to @realDonaldTrump
Praising yourself = sad & desperate
Ending self praise with "Nice!" = high fiving yourself after masturbating

Top Bottom