• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxer Floyd Mayweather called Conor McGregor a gay slur (the f one)

DeathyBoy

Banned
Yeah because damaging his long term brand to sell one last fight is exactly what Floyd would be doing if this were a work.

Wait. No. That would be fucking stupid.
This is the same guy with a history of domestic violence, and despite hundreds of millions of dollars is still illiterate, right?

Because yeah, I can buy him being stupid enough to think what he's saying is okay because he's selling tickets.

Chumley

Banned
Maybe it's because I don't follow boxing, but I would have thought this sport was full of people saying racist, homophobic things to each other in the lead-up to the fight.

It is, Floyd is particularly amoral in a way few boxing celebrities ever were though. Tyson was almost as bad but has kind of half-assedly repented since.

Jindrax

This is the same guy with a history of domestic violence, and despite hundreds of millions of dollars is still illiterate, right?

Because yeah, I can buy him being stupid enough to think what he's saying is okay because he's selling tickets.

Wait, he seriously can't read??

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
The sad part is he's calling for America to support him. What an idiot. People love assholes though look how much fame him and Mcgregor have.

Chumley

Banned
https://twitter.com/Complex/status/885607428196315136

Yeah it's kinda funny how happy(?) he was after reading this stuff for a commercial.

Maybe he's finally getting some reading lessons. This is still clearly a challenge for him but it's a lot better than during the 50 cent beef.

"I sacrificed so much of my life, can I at least get laid?"

"I wish one of you guys had children so I could kick them in the head or stomp on their testicles. Because that's the pain that I have."

"I only interview with women that I fornicate with."

lmao

Oh and don't forget this one, where he threatens to fuck a guy in the ass, drops the f bomb, and then threatens to eat out his asshole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIhHZuwIsvs

Maybe he's finally getting some reading lessons. This is still clearly a challenge for him but it's a lot better than during the 50 cent beef.

"I sacrificed so much of my life, can I at least get laid?"

"I wish one of you guys had children so I could kick them in the head or stomp on their testicles. Because that's the pain that I have."

"I only interview with women that I fornicate with."

lmao

Oh and don't forget this one, where he threatens to fuck a guy in the ass, drops the f bomb, and then threatens to eat out his asshole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIhHZuwIsvs

He still don't have the skills like canibus though.

Kelsdesu

I dislike both of these morons. The fight is gonna suck complete ass too.

The fight? Theres gonna be a fight?
/s
They're both trying to be the heel.

Look it's $99.99 for the ppv. People getting worked up because a guy calls black men monkeys and a black man calls another man an F. It is exactly want they want (for yall to get upset). This is anecdotal I suppose, but I know people personality who are willing to put in 12 bucks to watch Floyd lose because of this.

If you think for a second Floyd gives a fuck about offending anybody think again. Floyd literally has fuck you money and he will say whatever he wants as long as it gets him paid.

SgtCobra

Yuck, not surprised at all when it comes to bullshit like this, it's Floyd. But like some already pointed out, not many are going to care outside of GAF and they'll still make bank and break record numbers. This is the drama and childish disrespectful behaviour a very big part of the audience wants, them giving each other a hand and complementing their athletic bodies won't have the same effect.

Also very nice generalizations about boxing here and there in this thread, nice going fellas.

I don't even know what the hell he was trying to say back then.

Mr.Shrugglesツ;243492291 said:
I hope they both just end each other.

Not their careers, but their lives.

Like they literally kill each other in the boxing ring.

Be the animals they claim to be, uncivilized things.
The fuck? You okay?

Socreges

Banned
Tuesday: Didn't know this fight was even happening

Wednesday: talk with some friends about what makes the fight intriguing. Get interested. Commit to watch

Thursday: McGregor with racist comments

Friday: Mayweather with homophobic comments

Saturday: Fuck em both I'm out

Jezbollah

Wednesday: talk with some friends about what makes the fight intriguing. Get interested. Commit to watch

You were not the target audience to start off with..

Hex

Banned
The fight? Theres gonna be a fight?
/s
They're both trying to be the heel.

Look it's $99.99 for the ppv. People getting worked up because a guy calls black men monkeys and a black man calls another man an F. It is exactly want they want (for yall to get upset). This is anecdotal I suppose, but I know people personality who are willing to put in 12 bucks to watch Floyd lose because of this.

If you think for a second Floyd gives a fuck about offending anybody think again. Floyd literally has fuck you money and he will say whatever he wants as long as it gets him paid.

This is exactly it.
Do you really think that either one gives a damn what Joe and Edna average thinks about them when they will make more in one night than the average will make in ten lifetimes?
A simple word triggers the masses and the buys go up by thousands.
Do they mean it? No, not that it matters to the masses.
Their fans will be their fans, those who hate them will hate them no matter what (and buy to see them lose) , those in between will forget about it by the end of the year.
Either way these two will be sitting on a mountain of cash and giving it not a second thought.

Wow this is my exact experience. I just now, after reading this thread decided I'm not paying or watching I'll just hear about it. Fuck em both

Moze

Banned
Alot of ridiculous comments about boxing in this thread. The vast majority of boxers do not want to bring long term harm to their opponents, and the vast majority of boxing fans do not want to see people being seriously harmed in the ring. Most people just want to see a good fight and watch the loser get up and give a post fight interview. It's not a sport where people celebrate the loser being taken out in an ambulance.

There are many boxers who are decent human beings. Infact, the majority of mainstream boxers are decent people.

But back on topic, Floyd should know better than this as a 40 year old man.

Monocle

Trash. I'd like to see real consequences for this.

Got nothing on the GOAT Iron Mike tbough...

"Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk ass white boy. Come here and tell me that, I'll fuck you in your ass you punk white boy. You faggot. You can't touch me, you're not man enough. I'll eat your asshole alive, you bitch. C'mon anybody in here can't fuck with this. This is the ultimate, man. Fuck you, you ho. Come and say it to my face.... I'll fuck you in the ass in front of everybody. You bitch.... come on, you bitch. You're scared coward, you're not man enough to fuck with me. You can't last two minutes in my world, bitch. Look at you scared now, you ho.... scared like a little white pussy. Scared of the real man. I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" 
Wow, nobody gets that specific unless some corner of their mind craves gay action. Like, sure buddy, all that sex talk and those emasculating epithets are totally just about you being the manliest man. Yep.

Sometimes you've just got to pound your enemy's butt and eat him out. How else will the naughty boy learn his lesson?

Got nothing on the GOAT Iron Mike tbough...

"Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk ass white boy. Come here and tell me that, I'll fuck you in your ass you punk white boy. You faggot. You can't touch me, you're not man enough. I'll eat your asshole alive, you bitch. C'mon anybody in here can't fuck with this. This is the ultimate, man. Fuck you, you ho. Come and say it to my face.... I'll fuck you in the ass in front of everybody. You bitch.... come on, you bitch. You're scared coward, you're not man enough to fuck with me. You can't last two minutes in my world, bitch. Look at you scared now, you ho.... scared like a little white pussy. Scared of the real man. I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" 

"meet me somewhere"

Alot of ridiculous comments about boxing in this thread. The vast majority of boxers do not want to bring long term harm to their opponents, and the vast majority of boxing fans do not want to see people being seriously harmed in the ring. Most people just want to see a good fight and watch the loser get up and give a post fight interview. It's not a sport where people celebrate the loser being taken out in an ambulance.

There are many boxers who are decent human beings. Infact, the majority of mainstream boxers are decent people.

But back on topic, Floyd should know better than this as a 40 year old man.

A good boxing fight is about doing maximum damage efficiently. To break it down to specifics, the way you do this is my literally taking the wits out of the opponent thru blunt trauma.

You can't have a great "traditional" fight and a "no one gets hurts" match simultaneously.

People want to watch others beat the shit out of each other. Otherwise it's just wrestling.

They both prolly use that word like 10 times a day. Awful shit but all of this crap was bound to come out in this promo tour at some point. They can only talk so much shit until they start using their real words

We saw it with the dancing monkeys and dick size shit and now this

Hasney

I hope the morning after this carny shit show I see on the news sites that the match was a draw as they both disappeared up their own arses never to be seen again.

RinsFury

There's no excuse for using that slur in 2017. What a shitty person.

I'd like to see actual consequences for this, but we all know there won't be any. Too many people stand to make a lot of money off this trash, and in the end that's the only thing that matters.

There's no excuse for using that slur in 2017. What a shitty person.

I'd like to see actual consequences for this, but we all know there won't be any. Too many people stand to make a lot of money off this trash, and in the end that's the only thing that matters.

What consequences? I think they may have hooked you into this..
Genius on every level. Don't underestimate the wisdom of Vegas.

This is exactly it.
Do you really think that either one gives a damn what Joe and Edna average thinks about them when they will make more in one night than the average will make in ten lifetimes?
A simple word triggers the masses and the buys go up by thousands.
Do they mean it? No, not that it matters to the masses.
Their fans will be their fans, those who hate them will hate them no matter what (and buy to see them lose) , those in between will forget about it by the end of the year.
Either way these two will be sitting on a mountain of cash and giving it not a second thought.

I don't understand what your point is.

I don't understand the notion some in this topic have that people who didn't care about the fight are suddenly going to rush to spend $100 because a guy said "faggot". The fight was already going to do well. This isn't winning new people over.

Top Bottom