• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf Meet Up Episode VI: Return of the Jedeye. Saturday 6th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbor

Banned
How'd you win two grand??

I stuck four hundred quid on Thompson to beat Price via stoppage. I was pissed off as I was going to put two grand of my redundancy money on it until my girlfriend went crazy at me. 'It's not enough that I have to worry about your drinking but now I'm going to have to worry about your gambling too?!'.

That plus boxing's general shadiness made me put on less.

I really had a fantastic time at expense of my liver, my wallet and my clothes, but it was worth it to hang out and boogie with you guys.

Thanks again to Musha for putting me up.

Can't wait for next time.

Sadetar

Me, Jed and Mike in a Soho sex shop on a fun hot Saturday.
I am loving my mental images at the moment.

Musha/Candice has the coolest tattoo I've ever seen. Sandman, The Crow, and Preacher all in a painting style collage on her arm. Preacher dude looked perfect. Thanks for saying my moustache made me look "sophisticated" :D
That is one awesome tattoo.

You guys are the most fucking genuinely awesome people I've ever met. Dead serious.
I spent my weekend with my father, sister and niece... it sounds that you had way more fun. I am seriously utterly jealous at the moment.

And thinking I am seriously a total idiot. Why, oh why I didn't even think of the possibility of seeing you when I was all alone in UK for three months.

Next time I am coming to say hi to my ex-colleagues, I so need to see you darlings (if my real friends arent' too much of a problem).

I really want you to make the next one Donkey. Kent too.

Two of ma BritGAF buddies I've yet to meet.

Will do! By the time I would've got down after my derby game it would've been like midnight and I was pretty tired by then. Any late night shenanigans?

donkey no show.

the_wire.gif

Mikeside

Will do! By the time I would've got down after my derby game it would've been like midnight and I was pretty tired by then. Any late night shenanigans?

the_wire.gif

Lots of drinking and dancing until 4ish. Definitely the most fun weekend I've had in a long time. BritGAFers and lurkers alike - everyone who came was great & I hope to see you all at the next one!

Thanks to Musha for putting some of us up (HARDCORE GAF HARDCORE GAF!) and organising yet another one!

iu00oElWFz7dD.gif

Thanks for the pics Acrid. I agree, next meet, more pics. We should assign a photographer to ensure we don't repeat this embarrassment again.

My fault. I normally take shit loads of pics and try and get a least one group one. Completely forgot this time, don't know what was wrong with me.

Jordan

So, I haven't actually posted yet since the weekend.

Really glad I came, was a great laugh - I didn't realise how much more enjoyable it is to take the piss out of Tash in person (love you really)

You all seem like a great bunch of people and I can't wait for the next meet and will definitely stay the entire night next time!

Mikeside

So, I haven't actually posted yet since the weekend.

Really glad I came, was a great laugh - I didn't realise how much more enjoyable it is to take the piss out of Tash in person (love you really)

You all seem like a great bunch of people and I can't wait for the next meet and will definitely stay the entire night next time!

Its daunting to come the first time, isn't it? Really worth the leap though! Glad to have you there buddy!

Jordan

Its daunting to come the first time, isn't it? Really worth the leap though! Glad to have you there buddy!

Considering my lack of confidence, dislike meeting new people and really struggle with conversation starters - I had a fair amount of conversation with everybody I think, made a few jokes at the beginning which made me feel a lot more settled.

SKINNER!

Banned
CROSSPOOOOOOST

what shit pictures I should have asked for group ones I'm sorry.

Hover hug and hover crotch grab in the same pic = Win.

If there's ever a San Francisco meetup then we'll try and crash it as a way of saying "Thank you" for attending our Brit meetup :)

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this picture was Messofanego sharing the "hilarious/memorable threads in Neogaf history" stories. Quite surreal laughing at things happening on a message board but everyone was cracking up.

Mikeside

Hover hug and hover crotch grab in the same pic = Win.

If there's ever a San Francisco meetup then we'll try and crash it as a way of saying "Thank you" for attending our Brit meetup :)

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this picture was Messofanego sharing the "hilarious/memorable threads in Neogaf history" stories. Quite surreal laughing at things happening on a message board but everyone was cracking up.

GAF roundtable in the sun was a highlight for me - especially all the trips I was taking to the map to bring the new joiners throughout the afternoon. Tash was trying to navigate people to "the fountain", the inebriated bastard!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

haha yes!! Mess needs to be the official BritGAF narrator. I don't know how he kept a straight face reading that stuff out, it was brilliant.

Wuv you guis

Darren870

Just refrain from doing any more pull ups off of door frames for a while.

Hahah..it was a good way to get in but not a good way to leave :p.
I think the only reason they let me go in for free was so I would stop. Felt bad for the drunk american.

I had the most terrible flight. Plus I impulse bought a tablet at the airport while my gf was in the loo so I got a huge lecture on wasting money as well. D:

Still awesome night guys. Looking forward to the next meet up!

Mikeside

I had the most terrible flight. Plus I impulse bought a tablet at the airport while my gf was in the loo so I got a huge lecture on wasting money as well. D:

Still awesome night guys. Looking forward to the next meet up!

You missed an all important detail - What tablet did you buy?

haha yes!! Mess needs to be the official BritGAF narrator. I don't know how he kept a straight face reading that stuff out, it was brilliant.

Wuv you guis

haha thanks! I'm surprised you guys liked it, thought it would come off as super dorky talking about message board stuff but then it's an easy common thing for a conversation starter.

NinjaBoiX

haha thanks! I'm surprised you guys liked it, thought it would come off as super dorky talking about message board stuff but then it's an easy common thing for a conversation starter.
Nah man, I thought you were really good crack Messo! You had plenty to say, but didn't waffle. I really enjoyed the GAF chat in Regent's Park.

Mikeside

Of course it was a bit dorky. That's exactly why I loved it - dorky and hilarious in the best way possible. The way you read it out was spot on too - so deadpan.
If we can't nerd out a touch with fellow gaffers then who CAN we nerd out with?

AcridMeat

Banned
Will be meeting with Xun somewhere this evening (round 6). Will be an early night as my friend and I have to be up around 4:30 tomorrow but if anyone wants to say hi you're welcome!

NinjaBoiX

Will be meeting with Xun somewhere this evening (round 6). Will be an early night as my friend and I have to be up around 4:30 tomorrow but if anyone wants to say hi you're welcome!
You know I would sweetcheeks, our time together was too short, but I'm miles away now.

Don't worry though, my heart is bigger than the distance in between us!

Is this your last day in our fair land before you and Kyle go to Paris?

AcridMeat

Banned
Yes you too bb. Last night for a few weeks, will be back the 29th ~9pm and leave for home the 31st.

Out now, some museums and sights I haven't seen yet. Cheers.

If anyone is around there's going to be a mini meet up on Friday 9th August, time and place tbc. Not sure if I'm going to make a separate thread for it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom