• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casually Pepper Spraying Cop Meme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

shameless steal from reddit
1ExC0.jpg

Incredible :lol

Flynn

Xeni from Boing Boing wrote about these shops for the Guardian -- I think she nails why they work and the good that they're doing.

This particular meme has spread with unusual velocity – in part, I imagine, because the subject matter is just as weird as it is upsetting.

Even Kamran Loghman, one of the men who developed pepper spray as a weapon with the FBI in the 1980s, had a hard time reconciling it. "I have never seen such an inappropriate and improper use of chemical agents," Loghman told the New York Times. And Loghman might add "insouciant" to that list of adjectives. I mean, look at the guy. He's not braced for imminent attack by a foe; he does not move with tension as if navigating a hostile environment. He's administering punishment, and his face says: "Meh."

noah111

Still Alive
Heh, Junior.

He's only been here since 2008 and has thousands more posts than you!
Yeah, *sigh* what can'yado. Removed it anyway since it is a bit fucked up, but i've seen worse in my time.

But wow, the quality of some of these are awesome, especially the 16bit/video game stuff. Who's making all of these?

That's pretty great. I think the 'point' here, as this shirt sort of articulates, is kind of like a Gen Y equivalent of counter-culture ladies putting flowers in the barrels of guns being pointed at them. It's fighting against abuse with absurdity. It's sort of turn-the-other-cheek: If you hit me, I will just laugh at you. It's an extension of non-violent protest, to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom