• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casually Pepper Spraying Cop Meme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cp8eZ.jpg

glaurung

So apparently the retards at fox news have nicely turned this story into a complete farce.
Megyn Kelly 'It’s a Food Product, Essentially’
Sad, sad ignorance.

Hilarity ensues in the commentary section over at gooker.
Megyn Kelly on fire hoses: "It’s a sports beverage, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on police dogs: "It’s a family pet, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on tasers: "It’s static cling, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on rubber bullets: "It’s a pencil eraser, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on hand grenades: "It’s a Fourth of July firework, essentially! God bless America."
Megyn Kelly on beanbag rounds: "It's a game of cornhole, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on brains; "It's skull space-filler, essentially."
Megyn Kelly on nightsticks: "It's an olive branch, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on waterboarding: "It's a water park ride essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on Auschwitz: "It was a three star hotel, essentially."
Megyn Kelly on fingernail extraction: "It's a mani-pedi, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on genital mutilation: "It's a Brazilian wax, essentially!"
Megan Kelly on her haircut: "It's a style, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on vet beatings: "It's greeting liberators, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on waterboarding: "It's a Neti Pot, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on being laid off when your wife is pregnant: "It's European style family leave, essentially."
Megyn Kelly on zip-tie handcuffs: "It's a Livestrong bracelet, essentially."
Megyn Kelly on Jerry Sandusky: "He was having sex, essentially".
Megyn Kelly on HIV: "It's a common cold, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on the 9/11 hijackings: "They were like that Steve Miller Band Jet Airliner song, essentially."
Megyn Kelly on tear gas: "It's like a sad story, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on flashbangs: "It's like a surprise party, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on sleep deprivation: "It's like a cup o' Joe, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on stress positions: "It's like yoga, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on mock executions: "It's like make-believe, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on the rack: "It's a chiropractor, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on her lipstick: "it's a fashion statement, I am just a mouth".
Megyn Kelly on the deaths of Tupac and Biggy: "They were a product of feuds, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on mustard gas: "It's a hot dog condiment, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on nuclear weapons: "It's a microwave dinner, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on sound weapons: "It's a boom box, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on Molotov cocktails: "It's a flirtini, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on arsenic: "It's a vitamin, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on handguns: "It's a slingshot, essentially!"
Megyn Kelly on Hitler: "Basically a guy with neat hair and a cute moustache"
It goes on like this...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
please don't make the thread about this kind of stuff

i hate to say it but it's exactly what this thread should be about. the meme may be funny to some people but the real power of it is that it has the potential to permeate the internet and spread awareness of what an absolute douchemonkey this one particular cop is.

i do agree we shouldn't paint with a broad brush - this is about this ONE cop, not all cops.

i do agree we shouldn't paint with a broad brush - this is about this ONE cop, not all cops.

not all cops, but not just this one cop either. it's unfair to paint the entire police force with a broad stroke, of course, but a lot of cops need to be stripped of their badges.

i agree with your other point. just like the first world problem meme, it integrates real issues into the memeverse.

Casp0r

Banned
[sarcasm]Hey look everyone look at me look at me I want to say how not funny it is in a thread I purposely entered at my own will. Look at me. Look at me. I don't think it's funny. Look at me look at me. I'm a fucking waste of bandwidth. Look at me. Look at me. [/sarcasm]

Angry Fork

Honestly? It's not fucking funny at all. It'll never be funny.

I can find the humor at the spraying of the bill of rights and the leo dicaprio one made me laugh (that image always does by itself), but yea I agree I can't laugh at this image yet like that. It makes it seem like it isn't a big deal and some here already believe that. (And some like Manos and co. openly applaud it)

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
thumbsdown.jpg

im actually embarrassed i posted in this thread it's so unfunny.. like a community episode in thread form

You realize that satire is about pointing out a problem and shaming society into fixing it? What precisely are you embarrassed about? That we shouldn't find this pepper spraying disgusting?

coldvein

Banned
fuck that cop. i'm surprised somebody hasn't found out where he lives and vandalized the shit out of his house yet. he's probably in hiding or something.

that said, a couple of these are funny.

coldvein said:
fuck that cop. i'm surprised somebody hasn't found out where he lives and vandalized the shit out of his house yet. he's probably in hiding or something.

I would start wearing goggles when going outside with that tone if I were you.

Tom_Cody

Actually, his personal all over my facebook feed right now. The next few months of his life are going to be awful.

PJV3

I like the statue of liberty one even if it's a bit cliched. It would be more apt if he was spraying a statue of justice, as she is often blind.

jorma

is now taking requests

someone presumably ordered the use of pepperspray to remove the protestors - should that person not be the real focus of everyones ire?

Or is it established that all of this was the idea and execution of one person?

someone presumably ordered the use of pepperspray to remove the protestors - should that person not be the real focus of everyones ire?

Actually, have we found out who ordered the cop to do that?

The way he is doing it suggests that he has no problem doing it. If you had a problem doing something, for instance if you felt it was unnecessary, unjust or wrong, you would show some hesitance/remorse/guilt/sadness/emotion before/after doing that.

Actually, have we found out who ordered the cop to do that?

According to one of the guys that was sprayed, the cop that was in charge made the decision to spray them then did it himself. Apparently the cop felt the kids were challenging his authority.

Source: An interview on the Ed (Schultz) show last night.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The way he is doing it suggests that he has no problem doing it. If you had a problem doing something, for instance if you felt it was unnecessary, unjust or wrong, you would show some hesitance/remorse/guilt/sadness/emotion before/after doing that.

What? No you wouldn't. You'd do it as coldly as possible and then try to forget it ever happened. People don't just stew on their guilt, they black it out.

Nothing else I have seen could trivialize and yet be such a good commentary on how lame this was to society and the very college I graduated from

marrec

Banned
Ah the internet, trivializing everything.
Well there goes that rallying cry.
I guess we wait for the next police brutality hilarity.

I can find the humor at the spraying of the bill of rights and the leo dicaprio one made me laugh (that image always does by itself), but yea I agree I can't laugh at this image yet like that. It makes it seem like it isn't a big deal and some here already believe that. (And some like Manos and co. openly applaud it)

Nothing else I have seen could trivialize and yet be such a good commentary on how lame this was to society and the very college I graduated from

That's the great part about it is that it Trivializes and Mocks the cop who did it while simultaneously giving great contrast to the event to put the spotlight on the very idea of spraying a bunch of peaceful protesters.

Well, some of them anyway, some of them are just funny.

TommyT

i hate to say it but it's exactly what this thread should be about. the meme may be funny to some people but the real power of it is that it has the potential to permeate the internet and spread awareness of what an absolute douchemonkey this one particular cop is.

No. This thread is about the meme and nothing else. This is why it was created*.

*that's an assumption... but it's based on the title as it directly addresses the meme.

So apparently the retards at fox news have nicely turned this story into a complete farce.Sad, sad ignorance.

Hilarity ensues in the commentary section over at gooker.It goes on like this...

I tried reading those here in the library and I couldn't without making an ass out of myself. FoxNews pundits always bring the funny.

It's the same as photoshopping the London riot looters. No one is supporting them by laughing at them and making fun of them. Far from it actually.

jorma

is now taking requests
According to one of the guys that was sprayed, the cop that was in charge made the decision to spray them then did it himself. Apparently the cop felt the kids were challenging his authority.

Source: An interview on the Ed (Schultz) show last night.

Well i think he is totally getting what is coming to him if true. His boss must feel like such a fucking dumbass standing up for him and claiming self defense if so. I bet she wishes she'd seen that footage before standing up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom