• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circana (formerly NPD) February 2023: PS5 #1 in Units and Dollars, Switch #2, and Xbox #3 in Units

Adam_802

Bethesda has never relied on the PS fanbase for anything. For the people that like Bethesda games, they will find a way to play their games. Period.
Yep, exactly. Bethesda will be fine without PS, but some here won't be as OK lol

Flutta

Banned
Bethesda has never relied on the PS fanbase for anything. For the people that like Bethesda games, they will find a way to play their games.
How do you even know this? Does you uncle work at Bethesda or something?

I mean if that was even remotely true, why even release games on the PS platform to begin with?

Like people here who already pointed out to you that Bethesdas games on consoles sell the most on PlayStation, to then come here and say that Bethesda doesn't rely on the "PlayStation fanbase" makes absolutely no business sense......like at all.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They are under Microsoft. I think they are fine with money bud
Mixer, Skype, and Nokia crying in the corner.

Sad Rain GIF by Jin

bxrz

How do you even know this? Does you uncle work at Bethesda or something?

I mean if that was even remotely true, why even release games on the PS platform to begin with?

Like people here who already pointed out to you that Bethesdas games on consoles sell the most on PlayStation, to then come here and say that Bethesda doesn't rely on the "PlayStation fanbase" makes absolutely no business sense......like at all.
Todd Howard literally did an interview months ago and said PS was always last in priority. Does that sound like relying on the PS fanbase to you? Yes or No?

And you still have shown me no proof that Bethesda games sell the most of PS. I asked the other guy for a source and he went dark, as usual.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Todd Howard says a lot of things. Doesn't mean they did not like the sales the platform was garnering them or the contracts they were signing with PS and clearly not making Deathloop or Ghostwire "last."

Pete Hines said it pained them to cancel PS versions of upcoming games for their fans there.

Who to believe, who to believe.

Varteras

Gold Member
I was at my local GAME store and a kid was telling his mother that Hogwarts Legacy wasn't available on XBOX.

Astonishing really.

This doesn't make sense if they was in a GAME store she could have looked & seen Hogwarts Legacy for Xbox

That's the power of marketing. I remember years ago seeing a streamer playing Battlefront on PS4. She thought that game was a PS4 exclusive. Her chat had to correct her. You'd think anyone would check these things but they don't. That kid wasn't even thinking to look for an Xbox version.

These companies don't market to people like us. They market to Average Joe and Silly Sally who don't invest much thought into it. They get told something or see something, they run with it.

Marketing deals sound boring and inconsequential, but they're not to people like that or the company doing it. That deal just guaranteed a sales bump for them and a sales drop for any competitors.

bxrz

Todd Howard says a lot of things. Doesn't mean they did not like the sales the platform was garnering them or the contracts they were signing with PS and clearly not making Deathloop or Ghostwire "last."

Pete Hines said it pained them to cancel PS versions of upcoming games for their fans there.

Who to believe, who to believe.
Im speaking on mainline Bethesda Todd Howard games. Not from the publisher other studios. When Todd Howard said that, he was speaking on his games. They never prioritized Playstation.

So this notion that "Bethesda games will suffer without Playstation" is absolute comedy lol

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Todd Howard literally did an interview months ago and said PS was always last in priority. Does that sound like relying on the PS fanbase to you? Yes or No?

You mean Todd Lying Howard? Todd says a lot of things.. you prob should know this by now :messenger_tears_of_joy:. I mean he recently made deals for both Ghost and Deathloop with PlayStation..... so you can tell where his priority lies. If Bethesda games didn't have strong sales on PlayStation most of their games wouldn't be on it, just like when most Japanese games are not on Xbox. You need to use common sense more before blindly listening to a rich suit.

bxrz

Suffer less sales, that is a fact, not a comedy. You know, in a sales thread.
Not by much. Those games launching on GamePass has a much bigger sales effect than them not being on Playstation.
Thanks for quoting me 4 times?

You mean Todd Lying Howard? Todd says a lot of things.. you prob should know this by now :messenger_tears_of_joy:. I mean he recently made deals for both Ghost and Deathloop with PlayStation..... so you can tell where his priority lies. If Bethesda games didn't have strong sales on PlayStation most of their games wouldn't be on it, just like when most Japanese games are not on Xbox. You need to use common sense more before blindly listening to a rich suit.
Todd Howard did not make those deals for Ghostwire and Deathloop. You clearly don't know what Todd Howard does lmao

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Todd Howard did not make those deals for Ghostwire and Deathloop. You clearly don't know what Todd Howard does lmao
Sure. But that's besides the point. The point that you're trying your hardest to ignore. Saying Bethesda has never cared for the PS fanbase is outlandish and ignorant to the fact that this is business and corporations care more about money than anything else. Believing what Todd says is like believing what a politician says.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member

Benji isn't an insider but he does work on retail. There's a discount in the USA for the God of War bundle...it's probably flying off the shelves.

DAT 6M is happening for this quarter. This is hitting 40M by the end of June if not earlier. 50M with ease by the end of November or during december maybe, lmao.

Fall 2022: "What you're seeing is just pent up demand being met. After November, it'll die down. After the end of the year at the latest".

raw

March 2023:

woDjhTjWGIgYSGRoURpVpdQfE6NNEKqIlfzzIEt2ZxA.png

Last edited:
Screenshot-2023-03-29-at-1-22-58-PM.png

Calm down.

I wonder where they are at today with Skyrim. Even 10 years ago it was over 10 million alone on PC via just the Steam platform.

https://www.theverge.com/2011/12/16/2641119/skyrim-fastest-selling-steam-game-10-million-retail

And they were "far above" 30 million total sold as of 2 years ago.

https://www.windowscentral.com/bethesda-game-studios-single-player-games

mate you was the one putting the lol emoji on all my comments first. thought i'll give you a few back. dont do it and then moan about it after. i wasnt even being negative about xbox so why you get butthurt anyway? atleast my estimation was based off leaks and not pulled off vgchartz. what evidence do you have for 20m? you've been whiny in this whole thread just because PS5 is smashing XB.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
mate you was the one putting the lol emoji on all my comments first. thought i'll give you a few back. dont do it and then moan about it after. i wasnt even being negative about xbox so why you get butthurt anyway? atleast my estimation was based off leaks and not pulled off vgchartz. what evidence do you have for 20m? you've been whiny in this whole thread just because PS5 is smashing XB.
Makes no difference to me who is smashing who. I like both consoles, but prefer my PS5 more than my XSX. I just love when people throw out random guesses, so I laugh at them and throw out random numbers too. LIke I said before, calm down. It's just games.

Poltz

he said that at the start of the year.

thia is how it looked by the end

PS5 US NPD HW:
Jun-22: 277K
Jul-22: 301K
Aug-22: 341K
Sep-22: 494K
Oct-22: 456K
Nov-22: 1328K
LTD as of Nov-22: 10592K

XBX US NPD HW:
Jun-22: 260K
Jul-22: 247K
Aug-22: 251K
Sep-22: 288K
Oct-22: 261K
Nov-22: 730K
LTD as of Nov-22: 8736K
NPD 2022

PS5 US NPD HW:
Jan-22: 369K
Feb-22: 128K
Mar-22: 282K
Apr-22: 234K
May-22: 119K

XBX US NPD HW:
Jan-22: 307K
Feb-22: 261K
Mar-22: 489K
Apr-22: 267K
May-22: 177K
LTD as of Nov-22: 8736k

Last edited:
Makes no difference to me who is smashing who. I like both consoles, but prefer my PS5 more than my XSX. I just love when people throw out random guesses, so I laugh at them and throw out random numbers too. LIke I said before, calm down. It's just games.

yeah it makes no difference but we are in a sales discussion thread. im just curious. how did you get 20m for xbox series x/s? look at the leaks that have been posted above. with US numbers, you can get a good estimate of where xbox is worldwide.

Last edited:

onQ123

NPD 2022

PS5 US NPD HW:

XBX US NPD HW:
I was looking for these numbers earlier

NPD 2022

PS5 US NPD HW:

XBX US NPD HW:

i didnt know the whole year was leaked. wheres december though? it was sonys biggest month since launch so im assuming it was more than november.

jm89

yeah it makes no difference but we are in a sales discussion thread. im just curious. how did you get 20m for xbox series x/s? look at the leaks that have been posted above. with US numbers, you can get a good estimate of where xbox is worldwide.
Yeah looking at those LTD numbers and considering xbox biggest market is the USA and they sell more in the USA then the rest of the world, i don't know how folks can think it is at 20m worldwide.

I doubt xbox cracked 10 mill in the USA by end of 2022, and it certainly didn't sell 10 million in the rest of the world.

Sales aren't looking so hot for jan-feb 2023 either.

Maybe shipped would make more sense at 20m, holiday season xbox have alot of consoles in the channels allegedley.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Yeah looking at those LTD numbers and considering xbox biggest market is the USA and they sell more in the USA then the rest of the world, i don't know how folks can think it is at 20m worldwide.

I doubt xbox cracked 10 mill in the USA by end of 2022, and it certainly didn't sell 10 million in the rest of the world.

Sales aren't looking so hot for jan-feb 2023 either.

Maybe shipped would make more sense at 20m, holiday season xbox have alot of consoles in the channels allegedley.
Haven't you heard that MS doesn't care about consoles?

Pelta88

That's the power of marketing. I remember years ago seeing a streamer playing Battlefront on PS4. She thought that game was a PS4 exclusive. Her chat had to correct her. You'd think anyone would check these things but they don't. That kid wasn't even thinking to look for an Xbox version.

These companies don't market to people like us. They market to Average Joe and Silly Sally who don't invest much thought into it. They get told something or see something, they run with it.

Marketing deals sound boring and inconsequential, but they're not to people like that or the company doing it. That deal just guaranteed a sales bump for them and a sales drop for any competitors.

Hpgwarts is clearly a multiplat. The fact that this kid was convinced it wan't on XBOX shocked me. His mother was trying to buy a cheaper version that was the XBOX version but the kid wasn't having any part of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom