• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 2 |OT| Remember the L-amo? Liberty sure does.

ryseing

(This post is TAMU heavy because BAS leads to great memes. Thanks to Slo for the OT suggestion)

KUxU2BM.jpg

HYhzrxU.png

DI2e1PaVAAAnVHm.jpg

YFqo88l1

oYk8n45k

zkirxqke

AP Poll said:
1) Alabama (60)
2) Ohio State (1)
3) Clemson
4) Penn State
5) Oklahoma
6) USC
7) Washington
8) Michigan
9) Wisconsin
10) Florida State
11) Oklahoma State
12) LSU
13) Auburn
14) Stanford
15) Georgia
16) Miami
17) Louisville
18) Virginia Tech
19) Kansas State
20) Washington State
21) South Florida
22) Florida
23) TCU
24) Notre Dame
25) Tennessee

Coaches Poll said:
1) Alabama (60)
2) Ohio State (2)
3) Clemson (3)
4) Penn State
5) USC
6) Oklahoma
7) Washington
8) Michigan
9) Florida State
10) Oklahoma State
11) Wisconsin
12) LSU
13) Auburn
14) Stanford
15) Georgia
16) Louisville
17) Miami
18) Virginia Tech
19) Kansas State
20) South Florida
21) Tennessee
22) Washington State
23) Utah
24) Florida
25) Notre Dame

Week 2 Notable Games (All times in EST and all rankings AP)

Let's be real here- there are only four games that matter this week, and all four kick off within 1.5 hours of one another.

#13 Auburn @ #3 Clemson, 7 PM
#5 Oklahoma @ #2 Ohio State, 7:30 PM
#15 Georgia @ #24 Notre Dame, 7:30 PM
#14 Stanford @ # 6 USC, 8:30 PM

The #Pac12AfterDark slate this week is solid as well.

Utah @ BYU, 10:15 PM
Boise State @ #20 Washington State, 10:30 PM
Houston @ Arizona, 10:30 PM
San Diego State @ Arizona State, 11 PM

Pick'em Stuff:

So this year, following the feedback from last year I've slightly changed the way I do the Pick 'em. I'll be dropping the worst 2 weeks for each person. This way you can still come back even if you miss a week and also hopefully it means people won't just stop participating the last few weeks.

So here is the full sheet from Week 1:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xk-jSnYueVp-juBUEP1HfTKz4uB1ODgDfTPYORxUdiY/edit?usp=sharing

Here's the running total over 1 week:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14oB6wMtBN3TgAWnUzysoWqpmSlLGVY5XhU5MAluLv-U/edit?usp=sharing

And here are this week's games:
L'VILLE@UNC
USF@UCONN
IOWA@ISU
PITT@PSU
TCU@ARK
CMU@KU
NEB@ORE
AUB@CLEM
SCAR@MIZZOU
OU@tOSU(bonus points for total score)
UGA@ND
STAN@USC

Link to Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/w45YYKty5K6LFQIv2

CFB-GAF's very own podcast- The Decided Schematic Advantage

We talk about the massive L's of Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor took this week.. And we talk about the other big games last week as well as this monster slate of games that's coming up this weekend.

Subscribe here in iTunes or search for The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice. Send questions and comments to podcast@the-cog.com.

UCF/Memphis officially moved to Friday night due to Irma. Was planning on flying from Dallas to see it. Oh well, they did what they had to do. Hopefully the winning streak vs Memphis can be extended to 10!

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm constantly fighting the opposing thoughts of wanting to watch Ohio State suffer and for the Big Ten to actually stay in the rankings

The fact all the important games are on at the same time isn't fucking fair. What do I watch!

Oh yeah go LSU whoop up on Chatanooga or whatever cupcake you scheduled.

Let's be real here- there are only four games that matter this week, and all four kick off within 1.5 hours of one another.

WHY DO THEY DO THIS.

This is a major downside to Playstation Vue and the like vs. cable-I have no easy way to flip between all of these games. This was a problem last weekend too-at least the WatchESPN tvOS app allows for a 4-up view, which is nice. #firstworldproblems

ag-my001

I enjoyed this from the Meltdown thread:

"Sumlin threw the game away, not because he wanted to, but because he had to. What’s the only way to stop the Aggies late season collapse and choke? You do it all in the first game. He’s actually playing 5D chess right now"

He's an Ohio State grad, as well.

A drunk too, apparently.

WHY DO THEY DO THIS.

This is a major downside to Playstation Vue and the like vs. cable-I have no easy way to flip between all of these games. This was a problem last weekend too-at least the WatchESPN tvOS app allows for a 4-up view, which is nice. #firstworldproblems

It is pretty trash. They'll just eat into each other's ratings. I'll probably only get to watch Alabama's game this Saturday afternoon anyways, though. Gonna be out and about all evening. Ugh.

Ready for Rutgers to destroy Eastern Michigan University.

The refs robbed us against Washington, but we are a strong team and we'll keep on fighting. Chris Ash is an unbelievably amazing head coach. Top notch OC in Jerry Kill. Lots of excellent experience and adaptability.

ryseing

I enjoyed this from the Meltdown thread:

"Sumlin threw the game away, not because he wanted to, but because he had to. What’s the only way to stop the Aggies late season collapse and choke? You do it all in the first game. He’s actually playing 5D chess right now"

Meltdown was A+ this week between delusional Baylor folks, self-hating Aggies, and Texas finally admitting that they are Kansas.

Jeff-DSA

Utah at BYU this week. I don't know why or how, but BYU opened as a 1.5 point favorite. I would love nothing more than for BYU to win, but I am not very optimistic right now. Our offense didn't cross the 50 against LSU a single time. WTF?!

ag-my001

Them Texas Sports boards are foul, have been for years.
I was pleasantly surprised by the restraint shown by the A&M quotes. I guess now that Charlie Strong is gone, we are far and away the most advanced in the five stages of grief. The Arkansas game will likely bring 99% of the fan base into "acceptance".

shandy706

Not so sure my Tigers should be #3.

Also surprised Auburn isn't ranked higher for "ratings".

I still think Ohio State sucks. Not even top 10.

I think, as a show of good faith, we should voluntarily end the Florida and Miami football programs to show Irma that we are serious about achieving a peaceful solution to this conflict.

Utah at BYU this week. I don't know why or how, but BYU opened as a 1.5 point favorite. I would love nothing more than for BYU to win, but I am not very optimistic right now. Our offense didn't cross the 50 against LSU a single time. WTF?!

Unsure if this means y'all are trash or is just a product of y'all playing an Aranda coached LSU defense. Y'all might be fine.

Also might not be.

Jeff-DSA

Yeah, the offense looked limp against an FCS school and then outright awful against LSU. Even in down years, BYU has never struggled to move the ball. This is, uh, worrisome.

Top Bottom