• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
From what I understand, he sounds bitter/angry because their rivalry was a possible source of revenues or at least freebies for Jago and him. Capcom flew them over for free to play out their rivalry after all. They probably would have got many more invites like that if it hadn't been "exposed" by Arturo.

Which leads to the perfect opening for Mike to start a beef with Arturo. Thus completing the circle of E-Sports. Elton John would be proud.

From what I understand, he sounds bitter/angry because their rivalry was a possible source of revenues or at least freebies for Jago and him. Capcom flew them over for free to play out their rivalry after all. They probably would have got many more invites like that if it hadn't been "exposed" by Arturo.

They just wanted more viewers for the next Barfights.

Anth0ny

Brazzers LI Joe killed me.

And I think people are taking this Mike Ross/Jago shit way too seriously. It was obvious from that episode of Cross Counter with Jago that they were just fucking around. Then, Bar Fights. It was literally the main event of a card. They were going for the whole WWE thing the entire time!

Brazzers LI Joe killed me.

And I think people are taking this Mike Ross/Jago shit way too seriously. It was obvious from that episode of Cross Counter with Jago that they were just fucking around. Then, Bar Fights. It was literally the main event of a card. They were going for the whole WWE thing the entire time!

Everyone knows this, what people are upset about is that we don't need that fake entertainment.

I dunno...Mike Ross as a FGC "personality" just doesn't do it for me, fake rivalry or no. Also, L.I. Joe's desperation to be relevant by piggybacking the drama has turned me off on that dude altogether.

I dunno...Mike Ross as a FGC "personality" just doesn't do it for me, fake rivalry or no. Also, L.I. Joe's desperation to be relevant by piggybacking the drama has turned me off on that dude altogether.

so is your verdict on LI Joe...

guilty?

But yeah, I feel the same way about Joe

Which leads to the perfect opening for Mike to start a beef with Arturo. Thus completing the circle of E-Sports. Elton John would be proud.

Haha, have to admit, Mike Ross vs Arturo would look pretty good in the next Barfights.

Did Art even run any ads that night?
I don't think he did.

Yeah don't think he did but that was probably Mike Ross being extra bitter about the whole stuff. Whatever Art's reason was (the ego kick, his love for stream monsters, 3 bucks of ads, the excitement of going undercover), Mike Ross would still be annoyed anyway.

Busaiku

Seriously, what's up with Rip's execution.
Like all the other Tekken players were doing pretty well in not dropping the simple stuff.

You want to know what that death to esports vid doesn't cover? It doesn't show that Art was streaming well before the car ride. How was Art suppose to know that Jago and Mike Ross would expose themselves inside the car? Everything just happened. Art didn't have some evil plan to expose them to make that "$3."

It seems like Marn, Joe, Gootecks, Ski, Triforce, and Mike all don't know that because the vid is really short. The stream monsters who were originally watching Art's stream are the ones defending it since we saw everything.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
You want to know what that death to esports vid doesn't cover? It doesn't show that Art was streaming well before the car ride. How was Art suppose to know that Jago and Mike Ross would expose themselves inside the car? Everything just happened. Art didn't have some evil plan to expose them to make that "$3."

It seems like Marn, Joe, Gootecks, Ski, Triforce, and Mike all don't know that because the vid is really short. The stream monsters who were originally watching Art's stream are the ones defending it since we saw everything.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Mike is probably flying to New York to have dinner with Arturo right this moment.

:p

Nedjoe

Neo Member

He was talking about how he was going to expose them earlier on, I believe he was talking to spooky about it during cross assault. Either way, he should of told them he was streaming.

That's bull shit people were telling Art to turned off the stream way before that. Not only that, but Art kept hinting that shit every time he was on the Cross Assault stream and even Spooky was trying to change the subject. You can tell Spooky didn't want Art to let the cat out of the bag. Art kept trying to get Jago and Mike to talk about it too. Watch the full 18 minute clip again and tell me otherwise.

Not only that but Art does the "rape cam" stream at majors such as NEC and WinterBrawl. I was watching at NEC when one dude was like fuck turn that shit off and Art was like "yea" and he still doesn't. Then he looks into the camera and laughs to us.

Hey I appreciate the streams from Art. They are pretty cool, I must admit. At the same time don't' tell me what he did wasn't shady. You think there be 1500 people watching his stream when he's alone playing Mk9, Sf4, or SC5? I know for a fact it isn't because I've tuned into his stream before and he averages 300 at most when it's just him. However every time he gets guys like Jebaily, Mike, Marn, Dync3, and Flash shit jumps to 1k. Of course he was streaming the car ride for views.

I'm not going to say most of you guys defend Art because he always shout out Gaf, but it sure seems that way.

brian

Wasn't all the damage done anyway by the time they asked if Arturo if he was streaming it? He lied and said no, but he did turn it off immediately after that.

Either way, it was messed up that he went trying to expose them like that, but I'm kind of glad he did. I don't like the manufactured beef thing, even if everyone knew it wasn't real.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Stream.tv promotes nasty sexual actives with magical arrows in vaginas of dead bodies

LOL FUCKING MIKE'S FACE AS HE LEFT THE ROOM AFTER THAT

He was talking about how he was going to expose them earlier on, I believe he was talking to spooky about it during cross assault. Either way, he should of told them he was streaming.

Real talk, Jago and Mike Ross exposed themselves on stream before their 1k match. After Aris was done using Art's phone to stream, he gave it to Art and Art set the phone down on the table because he started to commentate with Seth Killian. So Art without even knowing, streamed Mike Ross and Jago being all friendly because they walked into the camera's view point.

Seems like people forgot about that incident since the Car Stream (2nd time they got exposed) is more talked about.

Whatever. The fake feud wasn't a big deal to the stream monsters watching Art's stream. Which is why none of us thought it was a big deal at the time if you go back and read this thread when it first happened. Their shitting on Art made them all look very bitter about not being able to make that extra money. It's not like they're the sole reason that the stream got that many viewers. The stream got the viewers because of the god like streaming from Team Spooky, and the various other fights that took place.

@Westernheretic: Exposing their feud was all part of that killing esports meme. It was never meant to seriously make Jago and Mike Ross look bad. Have you not watched every other stream art does? They all contain "_________ is killing esports, AAAAAAAaaaaaaa." Of course it's said sarcastically and the stream monsters all participate in it. You make it sound like Art had some evil plan to shit on Mike Ross and Jago when that's not the case at all.

That's bull shit people were telling Art to turned off the stream way before that. Not only that, but Art kept hinting that shit every time he was on the Cross Assault stream and even Spooky was trying to change the subject. You can tell Spooky didn't want Art to let the cat out of the bag. Art kept trying to get Jago and Mike to talk about it too. Watch the full 18 minute clip again and tell me otherwise.

Not only that but Art does the "rape cam" stream at majors such as NEC and WinterBrawl. I was watching at NEC when one dude was like fuck turn that shit off and Art was like "yea" and he still doesn't. Then he looks into the camera and laughs to us.

Hey I appreciate the streams from Art. They are pretty cool, I must admit. At the same time don't' tell me what he did wasn't shady. You think there be 1500 people watching his stream when he's alone playing Mk9, Sf4, or SC5? I know for a fact it isn't because I've tuned into his stream before and he averages 300 at most when it's just him. However every time he gets guys like Jebaily, Mike, Marn, Dync3, and Flash shit jumps to 1k. Of course he was streaming the car ride for views.

I'm not going to say most of you guys defend Art because he always shout out Gaf, but it sure seems that way.

Interesting points.

d0c_zaius

Art saying a bunch of stuff on Twitter right now.

basically calling out TMZ Joe among others. Although he shouldnt be surprised or offended if others want to make money/a name off of this. Im sure some dont care, but the japanese must look at this whole situation and go o_O.

hahah jwong trying to bring everyone together.......... so he can beat them.

AAK

Man, one thing is for sure though, the 50-100k that Capcom spent on making this show was crazy worth it. The exposure this game is getting is exponential

Giant bomb - 989 comments
Destructoid - 152 comments
PA - 103 comments
Kotaku - 706 comments
LiJoe/Triforce/WakeupSRK/CrossCounter are all streaming about it
Twitter absolutely blew up

And now Capcom also has that 1000 pound commercial coming out whenever. Yup this game will sell for sure.

Top Bottom