• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Debbie Reynolds Dead at 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrV4ltor

This breaks my heart.
I really hope Billie and the rest of the family have a strong support system during this incredibly difficult time.

C0zwv0uXcAAZyuo.jpg

Carrie, watching her mother from the wings.

Wow what an amazing photo, dude, thank you for posting this.

dankir

Not the first I've heard of another family member death in the wake of losing a loved one. But yeah this sucks condolences to that entire family :(

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Rest in peace.

Really hope that Billie Lourd will be okay. Man she's going to be going through hell. :(

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
RIP :(

I'm guessing losing Carrie took a toll on her both physically and emotionally :(

LycanXIII

I'm glad that Billie was able to be in the new Star Wars movies with her mom, I hope that the entire crew all come together to support her during this time. She's only a few months older than me, and I know there's no way I would be able to handle this situation.

vsmt8lvkzxcevqcpqyhp.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm glad that Billie was able to be in the new Star Wars movies with her mom, I hope that the entire crew all come together to support her during this time. She's only a few months older than me, and I know there's no way I would be able to handle this situation.

vsmt8lvkzxcevqcpqyhp.jpg

I loved how they gave her lil' Leia buns.

I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. I can't imagine for a moment how utterly surreal it must be for Billie and the rest of the family amidst the double whammy of these heartbreaking couple of days. Just...damn.

RIP, Debbie, and thank you for everything.

Blader

Holy shit. A pair of devastating, iconic losses for film and pop culture. What a tragedy for their family.

R.I.P. Debbie.

Damn. Can't help but feel for that family and not even because they were famous. Any family losing a daughter and mother in a 36 hour span is just awful.

MikeDown

Banned
The sad thing about posts like these is I almost think they imply a yearning for 2016 to be done, when 2017 will just be a repeat performance with many worse things to come.
With the way communication technology has developed this will probably be very true.

EDIT: She loved her daughter very much, must have been imaginably difficult for her. I remember with the case of my grandparents that after my grandfather died, my grandmother (who was in fairly decent health for her age) went right after. Horrible stuff. :/

This family has lost enough and now for Debbie Reynolds to pass away as well is just cruel. I cant even begin to imagine what this family is going through, but my heart goes out to them during this saddeing time.

R.I.P.

The sad thing about posts like these is I almost think they imply a yearning for 2016 to be done, when 2017 will just be a repeat performance with many worse things to come.

The thing is, I can't recall any other year in which there has been such a body count among celebrities of my youth. 2009 probably springs to mind with the deaths of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Patrick Swayze. This one, with the deaths of David Bowie, Prince, Gene Wilder, Alan Rickman, Leonard Cohen, Muhammad Ali among others. This has been a really shitty year. I really can't imagine that 2017 could possibly be worse. These types of deaths have always come in drips and drabs -- usually 2 or 3 per year. But this year feels like everyone decided to check out at once.

Losing a mother and grandmother in two days, I just couldn't even fathom the pain I would feel. I hope Billie and her extended family are keeping strong.

I keep hearing that we will see more of this as celebrities are aging. Still, its sad.

slit

The thing is you're not far off. At her age a traumatic event like losing your daughter takes a huge toll on your body. Everything is so sad right now.

Yeah I know, I meant what I said. I've seen it happen before to other people.

RIP. Being a kid that grew up on Disney channel. I'll always know her as grandma Aggie from the Halloweentown movies. I didn't even know she was Carrie Fisher's mother until I was almost an adult. Really feel sorry for Billie and the rest of the family.

linkboy

I just can't get over how depressing the last two days have been.

Carrie and Debbie were two of my favorite actresses and it's just so surreal that they're both gone in the span of two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom