• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Del Toro's Pacific Rim is the Godzilla movie GINO wasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeke

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks of this when reading the name of the robots?

images

3N16MA

Banned
Trailer should drop at 5:59 PM EST on the 12th. This is when the countdown ends on the PPDC site. Too bad the OP is banned because this thread could use an update to gather all the info into one post.

LaneDS

Trailer should drop at 5:59 PM EST on the 12th. This is when the countdown ends on the PPDC site. Too bad the OP is banned because this thread could use an update to gather all the info into one post.

Sounds like a good reason to start a new thread once the trailer drops, a la the Man of Steel trailer threads.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.slashfilm.com/new-pacific-rim-image-emphasizes-monstrous-scale-once-again/

The latest shot from the film is an image of a newscast that depicts the footprint (or handprint) of one of the film’s monstrous Kaiju, smushed into sand. It’s big enough to be mistaken for a natural geological formation.

We may well get some new Pacific Rim footage in early April, as the film will be featured at the Warner Bros. panel at Wondercon in Anaheim on Saturday, March 30th. Peter and Germain will be on the ground there, so we’ll have a report on the panel then.

EoTikA2.jpg

obin_gam

I hope they make these posters outside the movie theatre really giant :D

Also, looking at Coyote Tango on that poster, I'm gonna be all over every merchandise from this flick my wallet will beg me to put it out of its misery.

Nice.

Any word on when we will get a new trailer?

I just saw that there will be panel at Wondercon on saturday with GDT. Maybe something new will be released? More posters at least.

Russian jaeger is so cool. Looks like a big Soviet hammer.

EDIT :Actually on closer inspection I think it is a giant blowtorch. Maybe the hand clamp the kaiju down and the head is one big jet engine that roasts it. Looks like some flame coming out of it.

3N16MA

Banned
New #PacificRim Trailer will debut exclusively at WonderCon this Saturday, March 31st at 11:30am along with a few other surprises!

3N16MA

Banned
This as to be my favourite reaction to the screening:

* I just saw the nearly-finished "Pacific Rim." I know I'm prone to hyperbolic statements... but believe me... "Pacific Rim" is STUNNING. The extended "Battle of Hong Kong" sequence is the greatest sustained sci-fi action sequence in cinema history. "Pacific Rim" is the most satisfying summer movie IN DECADES. It delivers EVERYTHING... and I mean EVERYTHING you could possibly want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom