• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Biggy

OK Destiny-GAF, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but one of our own has passed away

Drizzay (Boguester) aka "Mr. Destiny" died Thursday/Friday due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Construction Accident)

He was 33 years old and leaves behind a beautiful wife (only married 3 months), a loving family that he moved back closer to be with

Drizzay, was a great community member of DGAF. He always was a helpful person to anyone that needed it. Always doing his best to push the community here forward with detail information on being a better player himself but for others to use it and become Legends themselves
He never was selfish, always the helpful, caring player who wanted the community to prosper

If you want to leave kind words to the family about Drizzay, you can post on the guestbook:
http://fbtributes.com/obituary?id=253495

RIP, my friend. Thank you for the short time I had with you. You went out of your way to help me and use your time so I could play with you. Those gaming nights and mornings! we talked about life and laughing along the way, those memories will stay with me till the end.
Terrible news I'm speechless.
my thoughts and prayers are with his family.
R.I.P DrDrizzay

Unstable

Drizzay was the most selfless and kind individual I've had the pleasure of meeting, only now do I understand how incredibly lucky I was to have considered him a close friend.

I guess we'll never get to read that Thunderlord post.

Rip DrDrizzay101, its always the good ones is sometimes a cliche but you were

CLcY1iEUYAEeNgZ.jpg

Good times with weapons were had

I'm utterly shocked and saddened by by this tragedy. I just can't believe it. The loss of Drizzay will certainly be felt here, but I'm absolutely heartbroken for his family. They lost such great person.

Rehsa

OK Destiny-GAF, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but one of our own has passed away

Drizzay (Boguester) aka "Mr. Destiny" died Thursday/Friday due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Construction Accident)

He was 33 years old and leaves behind a beautiful wife (only married 3 months), a loving family that he moved back closer to be with

Drizzay, was a great community member of DGAF. He always was a helpful person to anyone that needed it. Always doing his best to push the community here forward with detail information on being a better player himself but for others to use it and become Legends themselves
He never was selfish, always the helpful, caring player who wanted the community to prosper

If you want to leave kind words to the family about Drizzay, you can post on the guestbook:

RIP, my friend. Thank you for the short time I had with you. You went out of your way to help me and use your time so I could play with you. Those gaming nights and mornings! we talked about life and laughing along the way, those memories will stay with me till the end.
No fucking way 😭 My heart goes out to his family, truly an amazing person who shaped this community and it was always a pleasure playing with him. Legit shook right now
RIP bro, may you forever bask in the sunlight on Mercury. This game just won't be the same without him playing and posting here.

Rarely play Destiny anymore and didn't play on PS4 but even I could tell Drizzay was a good guy and made great OTs. This is really unexpected, condolences to all who knew him.

WipedOut

The last time and first time I overcame a final boss with Drizz. RIP my friend and fellow Colts Fan. Man still can't believe this is real? You'll be missed by the community and myself included. Keep Shooting the Shooters and those Hot Piping Knights! "Let's go to fucking Mercury Guys! Let's Fucking GO!!!"

https://www.twitch.tv/wip3dout/v/52935282

FyreWulff

My character still literally has the loadout he left on it after he got me the Cat emblem for me in Trials.

I'm just..

I was hoping Graverobber was making a pun post about something he did in Destiny, and the more I read it the more I realized it wasn't a pun post, and my fucking heart literally just felt like it was made of lead

Jesus. Like, shit man. Driz was a huge pillar of this community, the amount of people he's helped countless players regardless of skill or experience. Beyond that he seemed like a genuinely great guy all around. He'll be missed and it won't be the same without him.

stay gold

Jesus that is awful. Never played with him personally but it was easy to see what a genuinely nice guy he was on here.

Rest in peace Drizz.

Omg noooo!!!!!! I'm sooooooo sad right now. I'm heartbroken. I can't hold back the tears.

I'm in denial.

I miss you man. I really have no words right now.

X-Frame

Don't even know what to say. I'll always remember Drizz joining our Fun Run for VoG and CE despite having done the raid 3+ times since reset. He just wanted to mess around with us and help us out. Also all his Skolas runs last year at this time to help those get their Y1 triumphs.

Completely caught off guard and punched in the chest. Goes to show how real friendships can be even when you've never met someone in person.

RIP DrDrizzay

Dude was not only an incredible player, but a great friend and huge pillar to the community. He will be missed. Best wishes to his family.
Rest in peace Drizz.

SheHateMe

I'm fucking hurt man.

I'm sitting in a restaurant trying not to cry because I'm in front of family but...

He was DGAF to me. Just an all around awesome person who always took a moment out to give a kind word or lend a helping hand.

Damn man. Damn.

RIP Drizzay.

Kalamari

Legit shook, terrible news, I can't and don't want to believe it. Drizzay was an outstanding guy, he will be missed by many.

He was too young, god this sucks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It still just won't set in. I can't get the word "unfair" to stop flashing across my brain. I guess this is denial. I just wrote on their guestbook. Our lives feel so completely fragile at these moments. A true legend has been lost.

Drizzay, I may of pissed you off MULTIPLE times on our Trials runs.
I may of pissed you off when I was on my Warlock Defense Mode.
I may of pissed you off when I found Legendary Marks on a horrible Trials run.

But, I always counted you to be there for me. You were one of the most respectful guys I have ever met on DestinyGAF and I still can't believe you are gone. You held this community together through the great times and through the bad. You were someone who anyone can ask questions about the game whether it be a dumb one to ask or a great one.

You were the Guardian that all of us want to be. I know that sounds super cheesy but I don't give a fuck. You brought the hype and rage in Trials better than any of us as well. I am going to miss hearing "LETS FUCKING GO!" from you my man.

I will miss you my brother.

Rehsa

Flawless with the Dr. First and sadly only time, took two attempts but here we are getting a suntan.
YWKpxDR.jpg

He always played until he got people through no matter what.

NeOak

At least I can say he was really honored and grateful for when we got him the Netduma. He was surprised and humbled by how thankful we were to him.

At least he knew we cherished him while he was still with us.

My first Y2 flawless was with him and igor. RIP.

Oh god

He was the glue holding the community together :( What a loss. So sorry to his wife :(

RIP Drizzay. This came out of no where. This sucks.

hypernima

Banned
I'm green to this community and never got to play with the OP, but from your posts he seemed very beloved. My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

In regards to his mythical Thunderlord post. "The weapon's history and mechanism are both shrouded in ritualistic awe. Each round fired is another word in the legend - and the Guardians who bear the Thunderlord will be immortalized in song." Your legend will live on.

Gong

What do we do now?

We honour his legacy which was to keep this community as welcoming and as good as he was himself, that should be what we all do now. I know I will try that bit more to be helpful and keep him in mind as we go into y3 without him.

Jinjo

Damn, heard the horrible news from another fellow GaFfer. I have so many good memories playing with Driz from day 1 pretty much. I think a lot of people here have. Truly a horrible loss. :( Our little Destiny community won't be the same without him. Much love & strength to his family.

RIP Drizzay

I just came back to Destiny after a long hiatus, horrible to hear someone so loved by DGAF taken from his family and friends too soon.

Anyone up for a CoE? I tried it with my friends but they are only mid-300 and we couldn't get past round 3. I would like to fill the scorecard, but I'll be happy just to run through once.

LiK

OMFG. I played so many games with him and we got the Flawless trophy together. I still remember how excited he was when we finally got it. He was such a nice guy and we would have great conversations together. He was one of my bros in Destiny and was always nice to me. And when we got frustrated with the game, we had good laughs anyway. I will never forget him. He was a good dude.

RIP, my friend. You were the best in DGAF.

Kalamari

Wow, day ruined. He was uniquely passionate about Destiny and probably some other hobbies as well. He's done so much for this community and the people that belong to it, Skolas helper, Oryx helper, Trials expert. Drizzay was incredible.

If we could honor him in every OT, it still would not be enough, but it should be done. We should continue to follow his plan to keep the community welcoming and friendly as he would have done.

Top Bottom