• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you get a PS5 secured?

Did you get a PS5 secured?

• Yes.

Votes: 296 59.0%
  • No.

Votes: 158 31.5%
  • Silly DryvBy, they're going to give us all plenty of time to get one.

Votes: 48 9.6%

• Total voters

NewYork214

Fucking horrible experience. Amazon link leaked supposedly and sold out b4 it was officially listed. Looks like I can get one through best buy but their site wont load to the payment info screen. Might give up for night. Living in a rural redneck town currently so might be able to get one without preorder if cant get this through. We shall see.

I logged request to late.

My girlfriend approved my request though but was slow on the trigger with the website.

Will wait a bit until after launch to get one. Also want to get a decent compatible external or internal SSD so the extra time will afford me to do plenty of research before i buy.

Also fuck the scalpers.

Driving to Jim's mansion to pick up one as we speak.
Please deliver a flurry of slaps across his right cheek. Pull down his pants if you have to.

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

Yeah, but I was out of town and in dead zones all day, so I missed just about all of the chances to pre-order. I luckily snagged a PS5 on Amazon. I wanted a Digital Edition, but maybe it’s a good thing I got the physical version. I feel so fulfilled right now.

timmyp53

I actually signed up for Amazon's notification emails but never received anything. Pretty disappointing. I'm in no rush though to get it. The PS5 has millions of more product available than the PS4. Its not gonna be that hard to acquire one. And besides I have the playstation special preorder invitation on friday I can do.

Last edited:

BRZBlue

I had a regular in my cart but canceled,
I really just want the digital edition, which is apparently much harder to find. I can just wait until I can find one, really no rush to have one on Launch day.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

From overseas....so gonna be late af. Hopefully I can secure one at Walmart in the morning then I can cancel the other.

Paulxo87

Two days ago I updated my credit card and shipping info at best buy, walmart, amazon and gamestop. I also ensured I was logged into each one automatically.

I got tipped off that it went up on Walmart ten minutes before 7pm est. Had it in the cart and attempted to check out. No dice. Then I saw on retard era that someone suggested to keep trying. It went through on the 4th attempt at 6:59.. confirmation email and CC was charged. It took an hour for the adrenaline to wear off. What a rush. I have also been successful in the past at ps4 launch as well as nearly impossible to get nes and snes classics.

God bless you all. You will make it. There will be a second and third opening before launch as is typically custom

Reactions: TLZ

Dthomp

I did, but neither were from where I wanted. Hoping there are no issues with my Amazon order so I can cancel Target

BlackGauna

I didn't get one. I activated the amazon notification when it is available again. Even if I don't get a pre-order it's okay. I will wait a few months and get it then, just like the PS4.

I even have the cash ready but this will be first time Ill skip day one. Both Miles Morales and Horizon 2 are coming to PS4 as well. SO whats the point of PS5? Demon Souls at 4K...ok I never even liked souls games. Im really disappointed, theres like nothing to get excited about on both consoles. Feels like they are coming out for the sake of coming out. Say what you will about Killzone SF but at least it looked like omg next gen. All I see is cross gen titles and PS5 title that loks as good as other PS4 games but in 4K.

Redefine07

Here , Romania I cannot pre-order it , yet....maybe they will launch it next-year like they did with PS4 ffs my country ! 14 feb. 2014 was the launch day here for PS4.

• Triggered

fersnake

got late at amazon, target, was available at best buy getting in through check in page got stuck reload the page tried again "no stock" dang it.

Hinedorf

Banned
If Harry Potter was an exclusive they might've got me but my PC crushes any PS5 or Xbox so holding out until there's an exclusive title worth getting

DelireMan7

No. I am fine with waiting a bit to get one. Still plenty of games I want to play before going into Next Gen. (But that Demon's Souls remake will be hard to wait for)

Gryllis

Neo Member
Got one from EB Games Australia about half an hour after they opened orders online (8am local time this morning, about an hour or so after the price announcement). They were sold out 30 minutes after that, but I feel like people not paying attention/checking social media this morning didn't really know initially and the bigger rush came closer to 9am when they sold out of the launch shipment. Then they had a later in 2020 shipment that lasted for another 30 minutes or so, and are now taking orders to be delivered at some point in 2021.

Then Amazon went live locally, but they sold out of the disc model pretty quickly. Seems like they still have digital though.

Top Bottom