• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you get a PS5 secured?

Did you get a PS5 secured?

• Yes.

Votes: 296 59.0%
  • No.

Votes: 158 31.5%
  • Silly DryvBy, they're going to give us all plenty of time to get one.

Votes: 48 9.6%

• Total voters

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I got a disc version secured at Target but I'm really interested in the digital version.

Is there any easy or logical way to swap with someone trying to go from a digital to disc pre-order?
Good luck. The DE is much more limited in supply and possibly higher in demand. Luckily I got one and just cancelled my disk preorder. I have been all digital forever so an extra $100 for something I would never use would have gnawed at me.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I haven't managed to secure one. Everything is sold out everywhere. Sony better be releasing a new batch of consoles soon.

Nope, tried reserving all night! Reserving a Series X instead Tuesday Morning, I’ll pick up a PS5 after the Holidays, the situation with these PreOrders is ridiculous. I just think it’s wrong that i see many people all over the Internet who somehow have 2 or 3 PS5’s reserved when I couldn’t get one, and i received the notification immediately when they went live & tried for hours. 🙄

Silent Duck

Nope, tried reserving all night! Reserving a Series X instead Tuesday Morning, I’ll pick up a PS5 after the Holidays, the situation with these PreOrders is ridiculous. I just think it’s wrong that i see many people all over the Internet who somehow have 2 or 3 PS5’s reserved when I couldn’t get one, and i received the notification immediately when they went live & tried for hours. 🙄
You would think an item like this would have limits on how many one person could buy at a time. It's bizarre. I mean, I have had no intentions of getting one (at this time, anyway), but I can understand peoples' frustrations with how this was handled. It's the very definition of "clusterfuck". An ebay scalpers wet dream.

diffusionx

Gold Member
When did they open? I was working but it seems like they were just gone.

edit: it's been a rough few months for me on preorders. Missed the Analogue Pocket, the PS5, and the 3080.

JUST

Last edited:
Were too late on 3 sites (sold out in less than a minute)

Then got 2 from one and 1 from another later.

Standard editions did sell almost instantly, DE took even hours on some sites

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Yes, but I need a second one :(

Otherwise my wife is gonna hog the damn thing.
Update on my marital situation here.

My wife actually suggested we set the console up where my workstation is, and get a 4k monitor for it to put on my desk so she can game while I'm working if she wants, but that she'll just keep using the PS4 hooked up to the TV when I am gaming <3

#blessed

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I got mine (Series X too). Unfortunately, mine is the second batch and won't come until the 19th.

gamer82

got one but will see if the retailer is honest about stock in a few weeks. then theres the matter of which courier they are going to use and if it goes missing in transit.

not to be a debbie downer but it's that time of the year when the crooks are out in force.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The latest word is that I probably won't get one. The stock given to Sweden seems to be absolutely abysmal. Sucks, I've never missed a console I wanted on day 1 before.

Njocky

Banned
The latest word is that I probably won't get one. The stock given to Sweden seems to be absolutely abysmal. Sucks, I've never missed a console I wanted on day 1 before.
I was told by the staff at GAME that they have exactly as many consoles as they have taken preorders, however the stock from cancelled preorders will be available In store on launch day + 1. For those that weren’t able to preorder a PS5, it may be worth popping by your favourite store as early as possible on the 20th (or 13th in the US).

Nymphae

Banned
Secured a preorder for a console with extra controller a while ago at Walmart Canada, and they just charged my credit card the other day finally. I still feel apprehensive about it though like something will go wrong before launch....wont feel comfortable until I am driving the box home.

chinoXL

luckily i was able to secure the bag through Sony..i got in on the second wave of their pre-orders...good luck out there to the ppl that didn't secure one yet

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
I dunno. I have a store pre-order made in August. Maybe I'm putting too much confidence on it

Update: no launch PS5 for me, just got Gamestop's mail :(

Last edited:

KemoSabe

Impossible to preorder in Germany.
Fucking Sony started pre-order at 2am without warning.
So unfortunately I wasn't able to get one...

Aidah

I voted no originally, but now I have 2 secured. (Between me and the two other people at my house we've got 4 secured). Plus one of the two people is a reviewer, which means early PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S (Not sure if he gets to keep them, but I'm assuming so).

Last edited:
I have no idea. Amazon is pretty damn tight lipped at the moment. I did get one from the Sony direct email but that's going to be for my coworker who already paid me. Kinda wish I promised him the Amazon preorder now.

This online pre-order game is bullshit. I lucked out so much when people started saying Gamestop was allowing pre-orders the day off the console announcement from Sony. Everyone else was mad rushing to find shit on Walmart or Target or Best Buy and I just strolled on in and got it taken care of.

I hope everyone has a chance at trying once they hit the shelves on release day.

Enjay

Banned
You would think an item like this would have limits on how many one person could buy at a time. It's bizarre. I mean, I have had no intentions of getting one (at this time, anyway), but I can understand peoples' frustrations with how this was handled. It's the very definition of "clusterfuck". An ebay scalpers wet dream.
It isn't just the scalpers though. People preordering one for every room or relative in the house ate up a good amount of the supply. Tbh though this new console launch has been just as bad as every other.

Blond

Banned
After much annoyance yes.
JdSKRAd.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Managed to secure one after some crazy scouring, and even got a confirmation e-mail that my PS5 is scheduled for Nov 19th release. However, I don't believe it until the console is actually standing in my apartment. With my luck, I'll get all of the accessories and games, but not the console. Pre-orders here in Sweden was nuts and sold out in minutes.

Gamerguy84

It isn't just the scalpers though. People preordering one for every room or relative in the house ate up a good amount of the supply. Tbh though this new console launch has been just as bad as every other.

Yep lol. Unless I get lucky I don't see myself getting one until well after Xmas. I was mad but I'm fine with it now.

Its not just the professional scalpers, lots of individuals have got in on the act. Ive seen more "I bought one for me and one for my brother" posts than anytime in history. A lot of it is BS, but I'm sure some is true. I've seen gaf members who say they have theirs on PS5 discord looking for another one lol.

They put in the hours of F5 mashing which is something I'm not willing to do.

I tweeted playstation and asked if they had any more plans to sell them to PSN members. Told them when they think they have hit 10 million sold they will find 7 million on EBAY. They replied "I don't have that information".

This is probably going to be the biggest scalping job of all time. Honestly if it takes a year Im not paying over retail.

Last edited:

dEvAnGeL

If any of you live in NJ and is planning on cancelling a pre-order due to having multiple to secure a console please let me know. I want to get a ps5 but don't want to pay scalpers for it. I offer to buy you a ps5 game of your choice. Thanks.

wipeout364

I’m glad there is really nothing releasing for it since it is impossible to get one. I got a series X but have given up on getting one of these till next year unless the supply changes.

Top Bottom