• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you get a PS5 secured?

Did you get a PS5 secured?

• Yes.

Votes: 296 59.0%
  • No.

Votes: 158 31.5%
  • Silly DryvBy, they're going to give us all plenty of time to get one.

Votes: 48 9.6%

• Total voters
I was too busy playing video games to notice that it was time to pre-order apparently. I'll try to grab a digital version when I get another chance but I'm not that concerned about it.

saintjules

Nothing is secured until you get an email saying it is.
But yes I managed to get a chance of securing a pre-order

Same and agreed. Those mofos at Walmart took the money in full and got an email confirmation of the order.

Last edited:

Durien

*sigh* Nope. Now I am hoping to either more will trickle in to online retailers or I guess I'll get lucky walking into Fred Meyer on launch day. I live kind of rural and got lucky in the past with launch consoles. I was hoping that Sony would have as many people as possible who are part of the eco system already pre-order then release to outlets.

There is a special level of hell reserved for people selling on Ebay...

Birdo

Banned
I wonder if this is the result of popularity or artificial scarcity FOMO. Sony do like to watch how Nintendo works....

Last edited:

iorek21

aaf.png

chinoXL

man i refreshed the hell out of my browsers yesterday and wasn't able to secure the bag...gonna try hitting a Gamestop in person to see..can't break tradition, I've lways had my playstations on or around day one

saintjules

You still use that. Figured you would of traded up to the Platinum headset.

To be honest I normally use my Home Theater System. The headphones were for my brother, but he was having issues with them on his PS4 for some reason. Used it for GoT and TLOU2.

If Pulse 3D is one of the main ways to understand Cerny's HRTF method for 3D audio, then so be it.

Last edited:

vypermajik

Oh yeah! Got one from Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy. Back-ups, and then to sell to friends who weren't as lucky / "motivated" as I was to basically destroy my keyboard last night in a refresh-palooza.

PsyEd

Yes for disc version from amazon au (I'm located down under atm), like minutes into the e-mail saying it's ready for pre-order. Plus will get $30 aud cred...which I'll use to get a 2nd controller in the future.

REDRZA MWS

Gold Member
Nope, could never get a Best Buy pre-order to go through and everything else I checked said unavailable or sold out. Sony can fuck right off with this kind of pre-order launch. What an unorganized, customer-unfriendly mess. Ah well, they got their money I guess so what do
Two, one for a friend who isn't savvy on all this pre-order business.

Got a spare controller and Demon's Souls / Miles Morales. But for what they cost, those suckers are going on eBay once I'm done. Fuck getting stuck with a no-disc console.

Stuck? I wanted the all digital version but couldn’t pre order it. The two I have ore ordered are the fucking disc 499 version. Sony purposely made A LOT more 499 models, fuck them and fuck physical DRM and installation disks.

Ceadeus

I could have this morning at wal mart but, nah. Anyone else noticed we have not seen the console UI in the yesterday event? Why's that?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Stuck? I wanted the all digital version but couldn’t pre order it. The two I have ore ordered are the fucking disc 499 version. Sony purposely made A LOT more 499 models, fuck them and fuck physical DRM and installation disks.

Given that, as far as I'm aware, we don't actually know how much Sony are going to charge digitally for games like Demon's Souls, I'm gonna - have to say it - stick with "stuck".

I imagine they may have made more disc versions at launch because the people who are slamming F5 today are probably more likely to be collectors who want that disc drive for physical media. This stuff is going away. Said it before today, this is probably the last Playstation on which the games come on discs.

Jacknapes

1 guaranteed, one I'm not 100% on. Registered interest with Shopto, it went live and I had to confirm the pre order otherwise I'd lose it on September 24th. With the issues today, took me 45 minutes to even get to the confirmation. Pressed it, site crashed. I had to contact C/S to double check, and I'm still not 100%. Plus, Shopto can't guarantee orders as they didn't get a number for consignment from Sony.

So, took a risk and popped down to GAME at lunch. Risk paid off as I secured an order, paid deposit and it's all set. Had one of the last ones.

Shopto are telling me I’ve preordered but not confirming a delivery date.

Did you press the green confirm button, I did and the website crashed. It was on the pre order page when I registered my interest, so even with Shopto saying it's pre-ordered I'm not sure.

1 guaranteed, one I'm not 100% on. Registered interest with Shopto, it went live and I had to confirm the pre order otherwise I'd lose it on September 24th. With the issues today, took me 45 minutes to even get to the confirmation. Pressed it, site crashed. I had to contact C/S to double check, and I'm still not 100%. Plus, Shopto can't guarantee orders as they didn't get a number for consignment from Sony.

So, took a risk and popped down to GAME at lunch. Risk paid off as I secured an order, paid deposit and it's all set. Had one of the last ones.

Did you press the green confirm button, I did and the website crashed. It was on the pre order page when I registered my interest, so even with Shopto saying it's pre-ordered I'm not sure.

I did press it and the icon shows as pre-ordered, it also says not to pay for your console just now as it won’t make your chances of getting one any higher.

I got a digital edition. I used to have a PS4 in the past. I know I'm asking the obvious, but am I right my PS4 library will play in the PS4 (May be a small percentage which don't), also I can buy PS4 titles on the PS Store to play?

SCB3

Ok, so here's a weird thing and I wanna help someone out here

I managed to secure a digital one at my local Store, all paid up now and ready to go

But I did manage to also get a disc one pre ordered from amazon UK, but now that i don't need it, how can I make it so someone else can pre order it easier?

I reserved the disc version through Amazon. However, I got the "secret" email from Sony shortly after. Pre-orders open up tomorrow at 1 PM EST/10 AM PST if you received the email. I'm going to try and go that route since shipping is free for active PS Plus Members. I'll cancel my Amazon order if I'm lucky.

I got a digital edition. I used to have a PS4 in the past. I know I'm asking the obvious, but am I right my PS4 library will play in the PS4 (May be a small percentage which don't), also I can buy PS4 titles on the PS Store to play?

Yes, relevant quote: "Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO and President Jim Ryan has confirmed in an interview with The Washington Post that the PlayStation 5 will be backward compatible with “99 percent” of the PlayStation 4’s library."

Ok, so here's a weird thing and I wanna help someone out here

I managed to secure a digital one at my local Store, all paid up now and ready to go

But I did manage to also get a disc one pre ordered from amazon UK, but now that i don't need it, how can I make it so someone else can pre order it easier?

Find someone you know or trust who wants it, have them give you the $ and then just change the shipping address or just give it to them on delivery?

Last edited:

SCB3

Yes, relevant quote: "Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO and President Jim Ryan has confirmed in an interview with The Washington Post that the PlayStation 5 will be backward compatible with “99 percent” of the PlayStation 4’s library."

Find someone you know or trust who wants it, have them give you the $ and then just change the shipping address or just give it to them on delivery?

I meant more online, I'd rather it go to someone who wants it over a scalper tbh

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
My local Gamstop started taking pre-orders for it last Xmas, so I have mine fully paid off since last March. I called in today to reserve some of the accessories, and by some, I mean all of them.

saintjules

Target too. Took full amount up front, got a confirmation email. Delivery Nov 13th - Nov 18th

Nice! I have to admit, Sony isn't doing a very good job controlling this. I haven't seen them acknowledge which 'select' Retailers were handling pre-orders and when. Now you have people randomly trying to see if they can get one. It's literally like trying to win a raffle out there. That's why I never liked getting something like this online.

Hah those gamestop mofos. They ended up giving 12 PE of PS5 and 5 digital after I had left originally this morning. I wanted to have a backup in case Walmart tries to screw me in terms of allocation.

I stopped by the store on the way home and asked them what was going on. The Lead of the store was telling me that when the event ended, they were getting a surge of calls, but they didn't get the notification to start any pre-orders. Seems they gave them out during the course of the day. Not sure why they can't take name and numbers down and just call people and give them a chance to come in to pre-order. This location is 15 minutes from my house.

They say Microsoft is more adamant to make sure pre-orders go well. Looking to try and secure one on Tuesday.

ZVRXILF.jpg

Last edited:

Arkam

Got mine off sam's club, they charged an extra 50 but fuck it.
I'ma look for another one and either cancel the sam's club one or just give it to a friend for what I paid.
Might want to see if Sam's Club does price matching. If they do you can bring an advertisement to the customer service desk and get refunded the difference.

dtremblay

I got a disc version secured at Target but I'm really interested in the digital version.

Is there any easy or logical way to swap with someone trying to go from a digital to disc pre-order?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Didn't even try. Wanna know if The Last Guardian is optimized for the platform before I do. It's the only reason I'd ever get one.

Stooky

It’s looks like if you were around when the presales went up you got a PS5. I think there will be restocks thru the holidays just like ps4. If you want one you should be able to get one.

Top Bottom