• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you get a PS5 secured?

Did you get a PS5 secured?

• Yes.

Votes: 296 59.0%
  • No.

Votes: 158 31.5%
  • Silly DryvBy, they're going to give us all plenty of time to get one.

Votes: 48 9.6%

• Total voters

Gamerguy84

No. I got the Sony email and haven't got the new one.

I signed up for every site preorder notifications and haven't gotten a response.

Didnt have any luck last night with the usuals.

Oh and fuck scalpers. EBAY is packed with scalpers already.

Im surprised but we have 55 days to go.

N30RYU

Pre-ordered ALL (minus the remote controller)
PS5DE, pulse3d, the HD camera, another dualsense and the charge station.

Arkam

Snagged one by sheer luck. Most of my friends were not so lucky. But I am going to assume like every console launch there will be waves as stock number become confirmed. PLus there is the Direct from Sony option that is apparently happening friday (with invite). So for those fellow GAFers who are still looking, try not to stress too much right now. Sending yall positive vibes!

saintjules

Iuckily got mine yesterday from Walmart. By the skin of my teeth because my CC Company was declining them initially for security reasons. Talk about sliding under the door just in time like Indiana Jones.

Went to Gamestop on my way to work to be on the safe side and they turned the people in line away. They haven't been notified to start yet.

Hopefully Sony and Nvidia do better with these orders. The online ordering was a disaster.

Last edited:
Nope, I was refreshing Amazon last night because I knew they would go up early but then I had to go to bed. Woke up at 6AM and checked first thing and they were already sold out. Kind of annoyed, kind of don’t care, meh.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
qajicfwgdqn51.jpg

The Pweep

Neo Member
Yes, got mine. Target as soon as the link went up. After getting the discless version they gave me ship date of Jan 1st! But soon they updated to Nov. 13th - 17th which is just fine with me.

GraveX1

Neo Member
I got a disc edition on Amazon thanks to Wario64's link. As glad as I am, I do think it was shitty that you had to be in the right place at the right time to see that link. If you tried to order the "correct" way you were screwed.

I was also one of the ones on Best Buy last night clicking "check out" hundreds of times with the PS5 in my cart. What a cluster. They were absolutely unprepared.

Checked online stores every 10-15mins and somehow only one that opened preorder sold all standard editions in 5 minutes, but digital editions are still available after 5-6 hours.

Another store starts tomorrow, but their price is 449€ and 549€ so fuck them, 50€ more than it should be. other stores ask "only" 30€ more.

Then half of the stores opened preorders like 1-2 years ago so no point to try those.

Almost ordered digital one to try to trade for normal one or sell & get normal one from some hoarder but I could not do it

M_A_C

What did you people expect for a preorder process? This your first rodeo? This is how it's worked since forever.

Kuranghi

I just didn't even bother looking, I have no job and no income, next year for me. So much stuff still to play and they didn't excite me with BC so not sure if there is a big advantage to playing PS4 games I've haven't already on PS5.

saintjules

I don't really understand people racing to get ps5 asap. why. Horizon 2 is launch?

You may not. For me it's about securing early regardless of the fact if HZD2 is there or not. No one wants to start hunting for these Consoles for weeks/months post launch.

PS2/PS3, each took me 4-5 months to find one in my area. If you're an early adopter, then for sure the need to rush is there. Especially with what's going on right now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Nothing is secured until you get an email saying it is.
But yes I managed to get a chance of securing a pre-order

Struck out with Best Buy yesterday, but I happened to be monitoring threads right when the Amazon link went up last night so I got a standard edition secured.

Last edited:

J3nga

I could have, instead got one for a friend. I have almost zero interest in it despite everyone losing their heads over it.

Quixz

Been busy at work and didn't realise pre orders were live. I'll try get a pre order for two machines at my local GAME.. hopefully. According to Twitter that's the only way I can get one.

Malakhov

Banned
Got one from Amazon, one from Walmart and one from the source. All bases covered, won't pickup the extra ones or might try to find someone looking for a console for their kids and let them have it at cost

Top Bottom