• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you get a PS5 secured?

Did you get a PS5 secured?

• Yes.

Votes: 296 59.0%
  • No.

Votes: 158 31.5%
  • Silly DryvBy, they're going to give us all plenty of time to get one.

Votes: 48 9.6%

• Total voters

bitbydeath

Gold Member
fxhV.gif

I have no fucking clue but hoping for the best after ordering from two places.

Nydus

Got the disc version on Amazon Germany at 5am. Was a real struggle to wake up enough and finish the payment cause it didn't accept my Amazon points. I had over 50€ in points saved up :( so I scrambled to atleast get the 6€ coupon from the Amazon store credit. I hope I can use the points for demon souls at least!

lachesis

Wasn't thinking about buying PS5 on day 1 as I have PS4 Pro - but out of impulse got one on Amazon.... Disc version, just in case.
Now contemplating what game to get, as the launch titles are not exactly too thrilling for my niche taste. Demon's Soul is attractive and Miles is nice though.
I still have a couple of months to really decide, so depending on further information and announcements - I will decide either to keep or cancel it.

Specifically I want to know about BC enhancements on existing games beyond PS4 Pro level, actual physical preview of the machine - size, noise level etc, as well as further niche Japanese dev announcements - although most small niche devs would likely to continue to make PS4 games with wider audience for quite some time like they always do.

rofif

Banned
I don't really understand people racing to get ps5 asap. why. Horizon 2 is launch?

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Got two. One from GameStop and another from Amazon. Both disc versions. One for upstairs and the other for downstairs.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
No, and I kind of regret it now. Not because the launch lineup is enticing, but I know I am getting one regardless and I might as well enjoy that launch console experience.

Reactions: KO7

Jadsey

Fuck.

I just woke up at 7am in the UK and can’t find one anywhere!?

I thought they said preorders opened today?

Got the disc version on Amazon Germany at 5am. Was a real struggle to wake up enough and finish the payment cause it didn't accept my Amazon points. I had over 50€ in points saved up :( so I scrambled to atleast get the 6€ coupon from the Amazon store credit. I hope I can use the points for demon souls at least!

Why the **** do they put it up at 5am

ThirdC

FYI Amazon Germany does never accept Amazon Points if you preorder. I have ~300€ in Points and will spend it on a 2TB SSD which is compatible with the PS5 in the future.

Yep, Got mine off Best Buy - Physical Editon, gonna try to get a Digital Edition as well and see if I can either give it to a friend who wants it and if they get it on their own I'll resell on Ebay.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Got one from a local retailer here in Ireland. Amazon, Game.co.uk etc. are all sold out by the looks of it. I had a notification from shopto and was going to go with them but secured mine for collection on the 19th and I'm happy to go and pick it up in person either at midnight or early the next morning.

RafterXL

I wasn't too concerned because I got picked for a preferred customer pre-order through Sony, but I grabbed one off Bestbuy anyway.

Hell yes. Managed to get a a 2nd PS5 but a Digital Edition as from Best Buy !

Too scalp or not to scalp. That is the question....

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Got one from EB Games Australia about half an hour after they opened orders online (8am local time this morning, about an hour or so after the price announcement). They were sold out 30 minutes after that, but I feel like people not paying attention/checking social media this morning didn't really know initially and the bigger rush came closer to 9am when they sold out of the launch shipment. Then they had a later in 2020 shipment that lasted for another 30 minutes or so, and are now taking orders to be delivered at some point in 2021.

Then Amazon went live locally, but they sold out of the disc model pretty quickly. Seems like they still have digital though.
Yea when I searched later out of curiosity, I couldn't find any at ebgames, amazon, jb, big, or target even. People are hungry.

NewChoppa

Banned
Still waiting on Shopto to open their preorders so I can switch from “registered interest” to actually having a console secured

The wait is killing me, honestly

Tevious

I snagged 2 preorders. One for a digital version from amazon.de that would cost me an extra $150 with shipping and import fees. The other for a disc version from amazon.com that I could have family re-ship out to me and skirt around the import tax as a gift. I will probably end up cancelling one if not both eventually since I reside in South Korea and I just read that the PS5 will release here on November 12th, but there isn't any other information. As far as I know, they don't do preorders here. I'm not sure if I could just walk into some store after work on release day and buy one.

Leopold

I live in Israel, so supply for sure it will be limited. I just paid a pre-order guarantee but pretty sure this won't be here day one. Should I try my chances with Best Buy + forwarding services?

Mokus

Got it in the early morning 5:00 am from amazon.de. Now that is sold out, I feel lucky. Waking up for work so early payed off this time.

Nydus

FYI Amazon Germany does never accept Amazon Points if you preorder. I have ~300€ in Points and will spend it on a 2TB SSD which is compatible with the PS5 in the future.
Okay thanks! Good to know :)

For those wondering: I got the mail at 1am that Amazon is open for pre-order. Was a really strange window this time around. :/

Got in a pre order about half an hour ago with best buy. I dont trust them though so hopefully more come up on Amazon.

Didnt preorder any games. Not paying $70 for a game ever lol. On release the PS5 will be my fast loading Fortnite machine and not a whole lot else, and I'm ok with that.

SCB3

Fuck.

I just woke up at 7am in the UK and can’t find one anywhere!?

I thought they said preorders opened today?

Most places started randomly at 11pm last night, I'm hoping my Local GAME has some for pre-order in-store, otherwise I'm going to have to wait

SCB3

Most places started randomly at 11pm last night, I'm hoping my Local GAME has some for pre-order in-store, otherwise I'm going to have to wait

Correction, managed to get a Pre Order at Amazon, but for the Disc version... I may cancel this closer to the time, I dunno if I can afford that 6 weeks from Xmas

Anyone wanna buy a PS4 Pro?

Last edited:

Arun1910

Apparently stores are only getting about 10 units each from what I've seen online. Can't source you though I'm afraid.

SCB3

Apparently stores are only getting about 10 units each from what I've seen online. Can't source you though I'm afraid.

Yea I read that last night, 10 Disc to 2 Digital, I live in a smallish Town, so theres hope,

They also do £200 on Trade Ins for the PS4 Pro, so thats not too bad considering its my spare console atm

Top Bottom