• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you get a PS5 secured?

Did you get a PS5 secured?

• Yes.

Votes: 296 59.0%
  • No.

Votes: 158 31.5%
  • Silly DryvBy, they're going to give us all plenty of time to get one.

Votes: 48 9.6%

• Total voters

Mmnow

I had three rules: I wanted it in black and I wanted updates for Last of Us and Ghost.

Then they announced the Witcher upgrade. And the PS+ Collection. And the price. And I pre-ordered.

I don't think I'll be disappointed, but I also don't think I'll be buying any games even close to launch. Still have way too much to play, and that's before the fact I'll be picking up the XSX the week before.

Chittagong

Gold Member
ChFU5Mj.jpg

YASSS

wanted the digital edition actually but didn’t want to risk it

ripeavocado

Banned
No and that's a good thing, I don't want to buy it at launch and it being impossible to find wil defuse any possible consoom instinct on day 1.

Given the weak offer I think that if it's going to be impossible to find on launch day it will be because they have shipped few units

Kayoba

Nope, I'm still unable to preorder PS5 in my country.

Swedish retailers are insanely slow when it comes to updating their sites. If I'm lucky, I might be able to preorder one sometime in October.

ThirdC

For those wondering: I got the mail at 1am that Amazon is open for pre-order. Was a really strange window this time around. :/

Also got the mail at 1am. And a second mail at 4am. They really want to sell it to me :)

Last edited:
Nope, could never get a Best Buy pre-order to go through and everything else I checked said unavailable or sold out. Sony can fuck right off with this kind of pre-order launch. What an unorganized, customer-unfriendly mess. Ah well, they got their money I guess so what do they care.

VN1X

Banned
Fuck no. I'll happily wait a year (or more) until the games are there and they're nice and cheap to boot.

Age of Calamity here I come boooooiiii!

SCB3

Ah well the good news is that I got one secured locally and managed to get £220 off via a trade in and some credit i had, so thats about half the console paid for,

Bad news its the bloody disc version, at least the positive on that is disc based games can be cheaper, but I went pretty much all digital last gen...

Kamina

Golden Boy
Preordered at a local gaming store.
We will see if they get enough. Waiting for Amazon.de to get more so i can preorder there too.

Yesss zir!!! Off Amazon DE and from BB Disc ver for downstairs.

Now Just waitin on Series X gates to be open. Amazon never disappoint, comes through day one rain or shine 🤜🤛

OneBigPuss

First i need to buy some good 4K TV and will do it not sooner than next year.Still have a lot of backlog on PS4 so im good.Nothing interest me atm from the showcase.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
nope i tried again at 2am and got all the way to checkout but bestbuy just wouldnt process it.

small_law

The good news is I have one on lock down. The bad news is it's coming from Amazon.de 3 weeks after launch in NA, hopefully.

I kind of like the idea of my PS5 being German. I even gave her a name: Sabine.

I'm striking out today to see if I can't wrangle one from a GameStop. I'm also hoping against hope that I get a golden ticket from Sony, but I'm starting to get the feeling that ship has sailed.

REDRZA MWS

Gold Member
I say “yes” because I got online pre orders from target and amazon. I’m hoping they don’t cancel. I did two to ensure I get one, the other, if it ships, will be a Christmas present for my nephew.

Vick

This motherfucking console went sold out in ONE FUCKING MINUTE on Amazon.it!

I had been refreshing since this morning but by the time it finally went up it was already unavailable. :messenger_pouting:

By some miracle i managed to get the Digital Version, also sold out in a couple of minutes, but which i don’t want so i’ll have to find someone willing to change their physical with mine, since other stocks are reported to be available from March 2021!

This is absolutely ridiculous, i am so pissed off.. all i wanted was play Demon’s Souls on a physical copy ffs!

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Nope, the biggest pre-order store in my country likely sold out hours ago, but they're still taking money for reservations.

Other bigger stores are expecting to pay the full sum upfront and I'm not doing that.

TheMan

I did. I wasn't going to but when the opportunity arose (thanks to vigilant posters on Neogaf) I just took it.

At this point i'm just angry that Sony told eveyone we would get notified, then that preorders would start today, only to wake up this morning with all the preorders having gone overnight and zero email from Sony to preorder the console even though I've been playing on Playstation for 20 years.

Green_Eyes

Ran to GAME this morning (large queue) to pre-order...so yes. Pre-ordered Demon Souls and DMCV:SE, and managed to snag the last Pulse Headset too.

Last edited:
Yep! Managed to get a disc version from Target a couple minutes after it opened. Whew!

Also ordered Demon's Souls, Spiderman Miles Morales, AC Valhalla Gold Edition, and the 3D Pulse Headset. Now I just have to wait 8 weeks...

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Two, one for a friend who isn't savvy on all this pre-order business.

Got a spare controller and Demon's Souls / Miles Morales. But for what they cost, those suckers are going on eBay once I'm done. Fuck getting stuck with a no-disc console.

Last edited:

camaropilot

I got 2 confirmations from Gamestop but I'm willing to cancel them if I get an Amazon pre-order. Gamestop says that I'll receive the console 2-4 days after launch which really sucks.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Able to get 3. Cancelled one this morning. Will cancel the other one in a few weeks when I feel confident about the one I wanted haha

Top Bottom