• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 announced (PC/PS4/XB1, Spring 2016, Chooseable Protag, Void/IT5 Engine)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
- For Dishonored 2, Arkane has enhanced the A.I. in a couple of ways. First off, guard search patterns have been revamped. In the first game they would follow bread crumbs but there were opportunities to trick them. Now they search for real. Several A.I. characters will get together and split up the territory to canvas the entire space. They will not recheck a spot another soldier has already investigated.
This game!

I hope we get some info on the size of the levels. One of the shortcomings of the first game was how it felt hamstrung by last-gen limitations in some missions. A full set of Thief II-sized missions with Dishonored powers and emergent design would be amazing.

Edit: Actually, as I think about it more, what made the Thief levels compelling was that on higher difficulties you were actually compelled to explore the whole level to collect enough money, rather than just stealthing from point A to B. Size will only be relevant if the objectives require the player to actively explore and search the levels.

Top Bottom