• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DQIX TO DS. DS WINS NEXT GEN WAR! (DQ gets cash cowed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharky said:
:lol @ GAF. 58 pages because they think this is good DS news. Fifty. Eight. Pages. What a joke this forum is.

Wow, apparently you aren't even reading this thread, because most are commenting on what this means for the PS3, not PSP.

Meaningless. DS already pounds the PSP in Japan, so who cares? Wont be long and the DS will hit saturation point in Japan and it's sales will begin slowing, then what? DS2 that is still weaker than PSP? I guess so. Sony wins with 10 year PSP lifecycle.

10 year lifecycle only applies when developers are actually making games for it that people want to play. Have you looked at the PSP release list for next year? "Not very promising" might be being too kind.

Probably as soon as Sony drops the PSP to $149 it'll start beating the DS in America.

1. Price drop isn't going to happen anytime soon. Sony should have dropped the price ages ago.

2. PSP isn't going to be beating the DS anywhere with so few quality games on the horizon.

Probably as soon as Sony drops the PSP to $149 it'll start beating the DS in America.

No. Want to know why?

Assuming that this price drop actually does give the PSP a lead in monthly sales over the DS, Nintendo can simply drop the price to USD 99, which is traditionally the price at which the mass market accepts a handheld. It WILL explode DS sales, nevermind Pokemon showing up next year.

jett

D-Member
VOOK said:
wemakesthemoneyrw7.gif

I doubt Capcom made much money with thier retarded decision last-gen. :p

cicero

Sharky said:
:lol @ GAF. 58 pages because they think this is good DS news. Fifty. Eight. Pages. What a joke this forum is.

Meaningless. DS already pounds the PSP in Japan, so who cares? Wont be long and the DS will hit saturation point in Japan and it's sales will begin slowing, then what? DS2 that is still weaker than PSP? I guess so. Sony wins with 10 year PSP lifecycle.

And you are a Junior Member on this joke of a forum going to a joke of a thread telling people what a joke their forum existence is... That would make you a...?

Shouta said:
Considering the hardware and the time? Yeah. I think the same for all the DQs sans DQ7.

And jeez, is that really DQ5? I don't recall the battles looking like that.
Yeah, that's DQ5. I know I've read numerous times that one of the reasons Chunsoft was dumped for Heartbeat was due to 5's lackluster graphics, but who knows if that's internet myth or actual truth. Game looks lame enough for me to believe it, though!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Chris Michael said:
So it is basically 2D 3D DQ...

Meh... my biggest problem is still the fact that's it's Crystal Chronicles-esque. :\

Yeah, it looks fine.. but then I saw the screen shot.. real time dragon quest?
It worked for FF12, but I'm not so sure on such a small screen

Then again, a gambit style system you modify with the stylus might work.

Biggest gripe though, is the lack of a true next gen dragon quest... but its still possible.. maybe

Shouta

Rummy Bunnz said:
Yeah, that's DQ5. I know I've read numerous times that one of the reasons Chunsoft was dumped for Heartbeat was due to 5's lackluster graphics, but who knows if that's internet myth or actual truth. Game looks lame enough for me to believe it, though!

Then Heartbeat churned out DQ7. Yuck!

But yeah, I still think DQ games are still great looking considering the time and hardware. It's not like you're gonna get a giant leap as far as RPGs go. DQ6's battle animations were quite fantastic for a turn-based game of the time especially when you consider that most enemies just shaked or blinked in most of the other games (if that sometimes).

Mato

How's the youtubing of that ad is going, I wanna see the game in action. Come one japanese members, let me see...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I believe DQ will be on Nintendo consoles only during this gen..

Shouta said:
Then Heartbeat churned out DQ7. Yuck!
And now Level 5 is churning out DQ9! They must do this on purpose.

(I think the new shots look pretty good though!)

I'm cool with the hardware choice. I'm just worried about the gameplay changes.

big_z

So what was all announced/shown at this press conference other than DQ going to DS? Any wii stuff? With everone lining up to give nintendo a handjob im hoping the wii gets a fair share of the software... ds is going rpg crazy.

Ikael

HOLY SHIT. No matter if you love or hate Nintendo, GAF really owes them some of the most legendary treads ever:
- Wii's name
- DS Lite's launch
- Snake in SSBB
- Red Steel GI screens

And now, DQIX for the DS!
BTW... Dragon Quest characters in SSBB am confirmed?

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
From a pure business point a view this is a really smart move. Low developement costs and a big and active userbase in Japan. But me personally think this news is dissapointing, I would rather see the next true DQ on the Ps3/ Xbox360 or at the least on the Wii.

Majmun

jett said:
:lol at believing the bullshit japanese developers spew

Yeah, what bullcrap.

SE doesn't want the new Sony console to be the overwhelming winner again, but they're sure are supporting the already winning DS to hell.

Sorry, but that screenshot looks awesome.

Coming from somebody that's never played a DQ game before, this news is OK for ME. I mean, I'd much rather play a long RPG in little bits on the train to uni or bus to work. And if I like it, they'll suck me in to the next home console game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom