• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Not really enjoying the way the drifting is handled in this game. It's like there is some kind of TCS going on, can't really have a smooth continous transition from corner to corner. Initiating the drifting is okay though

Same here. It's pretty much the only complaint I have about the game. I try down-shifting mid-drift to help my car along a little more...but it's not the same. Even though TCS can't be turned off manually, it should be by default for drift events.

Looking for more feedback :)

If you've played the new Multiplayer Time Trial we'd like to what you do and don't like about it, and what you would change.

B8Cn5zJIgAA-rSm.jpg

Please keep the feedback coming in all areas, we're doing our best to absorb as much of it as possible.

I've played it every night and love the mode - often you can relax in a race after building a lead but this keeps it tense till the end as you can lose it at any point.

As for improvements I'd like to have a restart available indication on the HUD - by that I mean just a green or red light that tells you that you've got enough time left to restart your lap based on your fastest lap and the time taken to reach the start line.

It's also be nice for the timing screen to do the F1 thing and show green times for personal best sectors - I thought it was doing this already but it's just highlighting your score in green.

Looking further ahead it'd be great to have combined events, so qualifying then a race or a series of time trials with cumulative times.

lordxar

If you've played the new Multiplayer Time Trial we'd like to what you do and don't like about it, and what you would change.

B8Cn5zJIgAA-rSm.jpg

Please keep the feedback coming in all areas, we're doing our best to absorb as much of it as possible.

No complaints...but could you bring the lap timer in the upper right into other time trials? :)

I'd also like to see p2p trials as well.

The only thing I don't like is that when I get into one of these events, I'm usually with only 1 or 2 other people. Its rare that I'm with any more than that. I don't know if there's any kind of fix for something like that, though.

Other than that, I love the TT events. Even if i suck at them.

I'm in the same boat. My biggest issue is that it's ends up me and one other person usually.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
These last 4 stars are just hell. That Savage car has to be the worst one in the game, drifting can kiss my ass and the Venom is a demon.

Auctopus

B8Cn5zJIgAA-rSm.jpg

I think dynamic weather might need to go. At first I didn't think so but then I saw my times had a dramatic increase when it rained. Some people start on heavy rain and others have pretty much dry all the time. Just have dry or rain, one of the two. Other than that, it's great.

thectzn

Neo Member
Talked the wife into letting me get a T300 and wheel stand for DC/pCARS... the second she said it was fine I went into the other room to purchase them online.

... now the wait. :(

I think dynamic weather might need to go. At first I didn't think so but then I saw my times had a dramatic increase when it rained. Some people start on heavy rain and others have pretty much dry all the time. Just have dry or rain, one of the two. Other than that, it's great.
Are you sure? I mean when it is wet then all competing times I've had are slow. Then as mine dries and my times tumble so do the other times. I'm not sure it is dynamic as in raining for you but dry for someone else.

Sirenty

B8Cn5zJIgAA-rSm.jpg

One usability suggestion: after participating in a challenge, especially a community challenge, when I finish and exit out, it'd be a lot nicer to go back to the challenge list I was on rather than the ongoing list. That way I can jump right into the next challenge.

Currently, I need to back out an additional level to the Challenges home, move back to community and go in, wait for it to load, then scroll and find the next challenge. It doesn't take that much time, but it's still annoying.

One usability suggestion: after participating in a challenge, especially a community challenge, when I finish and exit out, it'd be a lot nicer to go back to the challenge list I was on rather than the ongoing list. That way I can jump right into the next challenge.

Currently, I need to back out an additional level to the Challenges home, move back to community and go in, wait for it to load, then scroll and find the next challenge. It doesn't take that much time, but it's still annoying.
Yeah I'd like that as well.

why are all the MP events empty when I go and try to play them? is there a way to see if people are waiting in lobbies without having to open it up?

SJRB

Gold Member
What's the best way to rank up? I've been doing single event time trials all this time [and don't get me wrong, I really love those] but at this rate I'll reach the final ranks in about 7 years and I want to unlock those final tier Ferraris as soon as possible..

What's the best way to rank up? I've been doing single event time trials all this time [and don't get me wrong, I really love those] but at this rate I'll reach the final ranks in about 7 years and I want to unlock those final tier Ferraris as soon as possible..

Probably tour events.

I'm only at 71 stars and I am level 32, I imagine I'll be close to 50 by the time I finish.

Are you guys US based? On UK time the lobbies have been pretty full every evening but I know my American clubmates don't really have any interest in time trials.
Yup, US here. Races and Time Trials are almost always empty. Everyone's too busy playing Call of Duty, GTA, or Destiny I guess. Go on to the Twitch app some time. Sort all the streams by number of broadcasts and those 3 games are always at or near the top. Kind of frustrating most Americans have such dull taste. I mean, I get people love these games, but play something else every once in awhile for Christ's sake.

IKizzLE

Wait....Wait....Wait...
The Icona Vulcano is in the Super Class? And the Enzo is in the hyper?

Vulcano:
900 HP
3517 lbs
0-60: 2.9 s
Top Speed: 217

Enzo:
660 HP
3000 lbs
0-60: 3.4 s

So is Evo just making shit up now? Like the Vulcano TOWERS above every car in the Super and the Enzo has no business being in Hyper. Like the Huayra has no business being there and it makes the Enzo's stats look pitiful.

danowat

Banned
Wait....Wait....Wait...

Vulcano:
900 HP
3517 lbs

Enzo:
660 HP
3000 lbs

So is Evo just making shit up now? Like the Vulcano TOWERS above every car in the Super and the Enzo has no business being in Hyper. Like the Huayra has no business being there and it makes the Enzo's stats look pitiful.

The Vulcano might handle like a greased weasel.........

Skii

Wait....Wait....Wait...

Vulcano:
900 HP
3517 lbs

Enzo:
660 HP
3000 lbs

I think they needed to get a Ferrari into the hyper class but probably don't have the licence for La Ferrari (FXX K) so they've gone with the Enzo instead.

If there was a class between Hyper and Super, those two cars would probably be in it.

Just invested in the season pass with the 10% off code, my first ever season pass!

Also I tried playing on my Vita tonight and it's ok I guess but I wouldn't want to do a great deal on it, you can really feel how much better the DS4 is (obviously) but I found subtle braking/accelerating and steering was either on or off.

IKizzLE

I think they needed to get a Ferrari into the hyper class but probably don't have the licence for La Ferrari (FXX K) so they've gone with the Enzo instead.

If there was a class between Hyper and Super, those two cars would probably be in it.

But the Ferrari 599xx is already in hyper and severely outperforms the Enzo in real life.

The Vulcano might handle like a greased weasel.........

Even if the Vulcano was the worst handling car in the game, it will still be better than all the other cars in the Super class by a considerable margin. It has about 300 more hp than most of the cars in the class. It has the same 0-60 time as the BAC Mono. I mean, as long as you can turn left and right, no matter how hard you brake, theoretically you should be dominating.

I really want to see if both cars mirror there real life counterparts....

Nooooooooooo!!!!!! I want the Laferrari

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I have some hard time beating a speed face-off of 120km/h on a Photo Finish Trophy event with the Renault DeZir.I can barely reach 115km/h.Any tips guys?

I had lot of trouble with that one, best tip I can give is enter the zone as fast as possible and after the first corner you have to brake for try to navigate the other corners without braking (just let off the throttle). All the corners are essentially like a couple of chicanes and if you take them at the correct angle (minimal turning) you can usr each little section as a place to accelerate.

It'll take awhile but try to do it without cars around. IE: At the start of Tue race sit on the grid for about 30-45secs to give you a clear run.

Gen X

B8Cn5zJIgAA-rSm.jpg

No complaints...but could you bring the lap timer in the upper right into other time trials? :)

I'd also like to see p2p trials as well.

This.

@Rushy. If we could have the fastest lap/highest drift score at the top and then second was the next highest friend (or non friend if you're higher than all your friends) with the World Rank next to their name that would be awesome.

B8Cn5zJIgAA-rSm.jpg

As others have said, dynamic weather seems to be too much of a variable to be fun. Just wet or dry.

Being able to finish the lap you started before the timer runs out would be great. Just don't let griefers take advantage of this;)

While waiting in the live timing table, a small window showing other players driving their lap. Being able to switch to full screen live 'replay' with an optional live timing overlay would be even more awesome.

A bit related. Like in the online time trials, show the laptimes and sectors after a race.

Sirenty

I'm also looking for DC friends. Only 2 people in my friends list have attempted any of the DLCs so it'd be nice to get more people to compare times to / compete against.

PSN is Sirenty

Duallusion

Rushy,

another random suggestion: quick rolling starts in drift events. It would considerably improve the flow of what is basically a score-attack mode and make it even more enjoyable in that "just one more go" fashion. :)

lordxar

Ok dynamic weather on TT does suck a bit. Why not do some sort of cumulative time/position thing instead of ditching dynamic completely?

Edit: Looks like the wet icon is either on or off, why not different symbols for each weather type as well.

Ok dynamic weather on TT does suck a bit. Why not do some sort of cumulative time/position thing instead of ditching dynamic completely?

Edit: Looks like the wet icon is either on or off, why not different symbols for each weather type as well.

I thought there was different symbols for each weather type

raindrop with the rotating arrows around it is dynamic. single raindrop = light, 3 raindrops = heavy, etc etc

Gen X

Dat feeling when you finish 1st in the Elements Championship on your first attempt. /multiple fist pumps

Only missed out on 1 Star and that was lead the final race for 1:30. I must've been close as I lead for almost 1 1/2 laps.

@Rushy. I don't know what the plans are for the additional Tiers but for the last hurrah how about one with 2x Championships, each one consisting of all the P2P races. One Championship with 10 races one way and the other with 10 races reversed. Would make for an awesome end to the game. Possible paid DLC or free for people that have been constantly playing/supporting since launch week/month?

lordxar

I thought there was different symbols for each weather type

raindrop with the rotating arrows around it is dynamic. single raindrop = light, 3 raindrops = heavy, etc etc

Could be, I may not have paid close enough attention. Seems like I either see dry or dynamic. Will adjust eyes and look again.

Absolutely this!

Pretty much the only problem I have with multi player time trial.
They would have to add a time limit because otherwise you could just poodle around the final lap, but then if you introduce a time limit you're essentially saying the event is the length it is normally (around 8 minutes) plus a fair time to complete a lap.

So you might as well say the event is 10 minutes long or whatever.

It seems to give you enough time for 4-5 laps, apart from the really short tracks, with a bit of wiggle room for pauses and resets.

@Rushy

Please, please, PLEASE don't make this game easier. I just read on N4G that you guys will be tweaking the difficulty and making the game easier. Say it isn't true! This game is very hard at times, but it's part of the appeal. This is a racer that separates the boys from the men, take pride in that!

Fuck the filthy casuals who are used to have first-place handed to them on a silver platter. XD

Gen X

They would have to add a time limit because otherwise you could just poodle around the final lap, but then if you introduce a time limit you're essentially saying the event is the length it is normally (around 8 minutes) plus a fair time to complete a lap.

So you might as well say the event is 10 minutes long or whatever.

It seems to give you enough time for 4-5 laps, apart from the really short tracks, with a bit of wiggle room for pauses and resets.

Not really, just make that final lap after the time runs out last for the duration of your fastest lap that way if you beat it you finish the last lap and if you don't, well it obviously wasn't going to improve.

@Rushy

Please, please, PLEASE don't make this game easier. I just read on N4G that you guys will be tweaking the difficulty and making the game easier. Say it isn't true! This game is very hard at times, but it's part of the appeal. This is a racer that separates the boys from the men, take pride in that!

Fuck the filthy casuals who are used to have first-place handed to them on a silver platter. XD

What? What's their source for this??

Also wouldn't that completely fuck with the leaderboards?

What? What's their source for this??

Also wouldn't that completely fuck with the leaderboards?

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/558661809457344513

@marcochapita @adge_uk We are looking to make improvements to the overall difficulty, and future tours will be easier.

:(

I mean, at the very least make it adjustable. PLEASE. The sense of reward from completing some of the harder races in this game is unmatched by any other racer I've ever played.

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/558661809457344513

:(

I mean, at the very least make it adjustable. PLEASE. The sense of reward from completing some of the harder races in this game is unmatched by any other racer I've ever played.

Damn that sucks. I'm not even that good at the game but I don't want them to turn it down for chumps like me. It makes me respect the really good players all the more when I see their achievements.

sneaky77

it should lower the stars required to do the tours but not the actual racing.. I enjoy sweating for some of those stars and I am proud to have all of them so far

system11

Just lost another race because I couldn't see a corner.

Why? Great big yellow banner across the road for a speed trial section. It was there every lap too because of course I'd miss the corner and fail to beat the challenge. Is there some way to switch these off? They're a complete nightmare.

Top Bottom