• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Just lost another race because I couldn't see a corner.

Why? Great big yellow banner across the road for a speed trial section. It was there every lap too because of course I'd miss the corner and fail to beat the challenge. Is there some way to switch these off? They're a complete nightmare.

You can turn off faceoffs in the event settings menu.

Tours being a little easier wouldn't really hurt imho - not as long as player created challenges are a thing. There's room there to please both novices and the hardcore alike, and DC was always about both groups.

Speaking of which: Is there a multiplayer mode in DC that's purely about accumulating the best overall score?

The game has time trials and races where you want to get the fastest time, and drift events focusing purely on selected drift zones and speed zones, but is there any event right now or planned that mixes both in the same event?

Basically, imagine a time trial where its about accumulating score by all means rather than either getting the fastest time or the best drift - but something that allows the players to combine both elements in their runs? So you'd want to try and set a fast time, but you'd also want to drift and get clean sector and precision sector awards.

Seems like the perfect thing for DriveClub and could make a nice addition to the existing modes. It might need its own scoring system though, to make sure that drifting is balanced against speed and precision.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Games shouldn't get easier the further you progress. There are two types of people that have the DLC, the fans and the trophy hunters. Trophies should be earnt not handed.

That said, it is sad the see the current MP trophies. There should've been a like "Compete in 100 Solo Challenges" and " Compete in 100 Club Challenges" or one's for 100 Drift Challenges and 100 Time Trials, they would've certainly improved the social aspect. The current few trophies are just boostable by ppl looking to offhand the game.

Games shouldn't get easier the further you progress. There are two types of people that have the DLC, the fans and the trophy hunters. Trophies should be earnt not handed.

That said, I sad the see the MP trophies, should've been a like "Compete in 100 Solo Challenges" and " Compete in 100 Club Challenges" or one's for 100 Drift Challenges and 100 Time Trials, they would've certainly improved the social aspect. The current few trophies are just boostable by ppl looking to offhand the game.

It's crazy that only 6% of people with the game have sent a challenge.

Actually, having just looked - where? I'm trying to join random games via the event browser, I don't see any way to turn face-offs off. There needs to be one though because they're far too obstructive.

I have everything set to 0%. I don't think you can remove the actual face-off start and finish checkered strips that appear on the track.

benzy

I like to think Rushy has a monitor in his home that just displays this thread 24/7 and autorefreshes every 2 minutes :)

It's pretty awesome how often we actually see him in here talkin' with us and getting feedback, or tweeting about stuff we put up. There hasn't been a game director that I know of who's stayed in touch with the community this much.

Cheers to Rushy.

Leonardo-Dicaprio-cheers-gif.gif

system11

I have everything set to 0%. I don't think you can remove the actual face-off start and finish checkered strips that appear on the track.

Hey I'd be fine if they actually did appear on the track, but the real problem one is that FUCKING GIANT YELLOW BANNER which makes seeing anything behind it in the dark completely impossible. It needs to be changed or made optional, surprised nobody in testing realised what a problem it is when these appear in front of corners, which is often.

I think you can turn them off in the time trial settings, don't know about challenges.

Hey I'd be fine if they actually did appear on the track, but the real problem one is that FUCKING GIANT YELLOW BANNER which makes seeing anything behind it in the dark completely impossible. It needs to be changed or made optional, surprised nobody in testing realised what a problem it is when these appear in front of corners, which is often.

I've played this game a lot (55M fame) and I can't say I've ever thought the banners were in the way... Hmm could be because I use bumper can tho thinking about it!

system11

I think you can turn them off in the time trial settings, don't know about challenges.

I've played this game a lot (55M fame) and I can't say I've ever thought the banners were in the way... Hmm could be because I use bumper can tho thinking about it!

I'm chase cam, they're horrendous in that, right across the middle of the screen - even in the day it's not ideal but at night - you're blind until the banner is gone. The drift and cornering ones are just fine, it's just the speed tests which prevent driving.

You're not alone, but I wouldn't expect too much response, whenever I've posted about anything similar it just gets lost in the hyperbolic quagmire of gushing posts about the way the game looks!!! :)

Same here. It's pretty much the only complaint I have about the game. I try down-shifting mid-drift to help my car along a little more...but it's not the same. Even though TCS can't be turned off manually, it should be by default for drift events.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I still try to do what I can though. I scored 1st place Heavy Precipitation/first-japan track drift event with the M235i, 4200 score I think, and I only put in maybe 3 hours into this game.

lordxar

The only yellow banner that fucked me up was like a quarter mile to the finish on one track. Kept thinking it was the finish line so I'd let off the gas lol.

The only yellow banner that fucked me up was like a quarter mile to the finish on one track. Kept thinking it was the finish line so I'd let off the gas lol.

Lol yep I've done that too!

Speaking of which: Is there a multiplayer mode in DC that's purely about accumulating the best overall score?

The game has time trials and races where you want to get the fastest time, and drift events focusing purely on selected drift zones and speed zones, but is there any event right now or planned that mixes both in the same event?

Basically, imagine a time trial where its about accumulating score by all means rather than either getting the fastest time or the best drift - but something that allows the players to combine both elements in their runs? So you'd want to try and set a fast time, but you'd also want to drift and get clean sector and precision sector awards.

Seems like the perfect thing for DriveClub and could make a nice addition to the existing modes. It might need its own scoring system though, to make sure that drifting is balanced against speed and precision.

I've thought the same thing myself, but I guess that's how drifts are supposed to work having the speed sections in between each zone.

Skii

I wouldn't rule out the LaFerrari just yet. Just hope the Enzo isn't balls.

Didn't EA get exclusivity for LaFerrari when they released that DLC pack for NFS Rivals? I felt like I read that somewhere... Could be wrong.

But the Ferrari 599xx is already in hyper and severely outperforms the Enzo in real life.
It is also only restricted to online events for some weird reason. They need one we can use for tour modes as well.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!! I want the Laferrari
Same!

EDIT: I will be extremely pissed off if they're deciding to make this game easier. That would be the worst thing possible for this game. It's such a shame that developers are always compromising their values to placate the masses who aren't bothered to learn the game properly. It is frankly sickening.

DJ Gunner

Gah. Difficult racing games are so few and far between. The last game this hard that I conquered 100% was Midnight Club II. imo the tour difficulties are perfect- especially the star requirements.

mreddie

Didn't EA get exclusivity for LaFerrari when they released that DLC pack for NFS Rivals? I felt like I read that somewhere... Could be wrong.

I think Microsoft was rumored to lock some exclusivity deal but it was only for a bit. Rivals DLC was already in the can when the exclusivity deal was to end.

I hope they're not tweaking the difficulty, it's one of the few racing games where the challenge adds to the experience.

Greg

I wish the tours were harder... or at least give the option of higher difficulty with some added incentive

every offline 'race' ends up being a time trial after the first 30 seconds when you pass everyone and never see them again

Dumb question on the game. How much of the social, leaderboardy stuff is tied to clubs? Are there kind of "standard" leaderboards and whatnot if you're not in a club?

I've held off on buying this since there is theoretically a demo coming someday and I'd really prefer to try the game before buying it given its somewhat shaky reception, but I'm dying for a racing game on my PS4, and right now with Best Buy GCU it can be had for about $32, so...

dreamstation

Gold Member
Please keep the feedback coming in all areas, we're doing our best to absorb as much of it as possible.

Can we please get the ability to participate in club challenges, in a private lobby, with my club mates and/or friends in other clubs, in the same session?

Similar to how the multiplayer time trials work now where other players are ghosted so as to not hit each other, as well as have each player's best time listed on the screen somewhere.

I've tweeted the suggestion to multiple people but have never heard back. It would be amazing, trust me! ;)

SerTapTap

Got the Season Pass...are the items supposed to auto download? Looks like I have to "claim" each one? They show up as not installed, but I see "download" instead of price. I thought PS4 auto-downloaded DLC you own but maybe I'm wrong?

To be clear, everything downloaded fine at no extra change, just kinda thought/hoped it was more automatic than it really was.

Anarion07

Got the Season Pass...are the items supposed to auto download? Looks like I have to "claim" each one? They show up as not installed, but I see "download" instead of price. I thought PS4 auto-downloaded DLC you own but maybe I'm wrong?

To be clear, everything downloaded fine at no extra change, just kinda thought/hoped it was more automatic than it really was.

daryl_claimed.jpg

Yeah you have do "download" each DLC manually, but you can do that in the Store Section in the game, so it's not a big deal.

Will the Season Pass give me all current and future DLC?

This indicates that people that buy the season pass are also buying other dlc.

..which is also why it shows that people "also bought" every single DLC, since a download counts as a purchase, you even get a "Thank you for your purchase" mail.

Anarion07

So is there still a way of cheating in drift challenges?
In some challenges (not tour events) the first place seems to be getting up to three times the drift points i get in some corners....
I mean I'm not the best drifter, but sometimes it just seems unlikely.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Final race in the Elements trophy is absolutely crazy. Basically had to memorize the track because I was driving blind.

I was fortunate as the last race in the Elements Championship was that of a time trial I was trying to 3 Star only the other day so had memorized so 1st came easy.

Lunar FC

I was fortunate as the last race in the Elements Championship was that of a time trial I was trying to 3 Star only the other day so had memorized so 1st came easy.

The lykan one? Same here. Probably wouldn't of been able to do it without doing that beforehand.

So is there still a way of cheating in drift challenges?
In some challenges (not tour events) the first place seems to be getting up to three times the drift points i get in some corners....
I mean I'm not the best drifter, but sometimes it just seems unlikely.

Just takes a lot of repetition. I find beginning my drift before the zone starts is also quite beneficial.

Putty

Multi TT is close to perfect for me. Just a few things though. Yes to the finish your current lap when the timer runs out, but there is one problem with that, what happens if you get a twat who parks up on the side of the road?

I'm in the keeping the dynamic weather camp (I'm a massive F1 fan and seeing this during quali always get my juices flowing).

I'd like player levels displayed next to their names rather than having to click on their names to reveal their details.

Just as an aside, in multi player races I'd like to see fastest lap breakdowns during the end results screen.

xrnzaaas

It's here.

I also have the steelbook edition - bought it in December for a lower price than standard edition. :) Btw have you noticed that it's harder to pull the disc from the steelbook case (the part holding the disc isn't flexible)? I'm afraid of breaking it so I ended up leaving the steelbook on a display just for show and I store the disc in a standard dvd case.

With regards to the DLC difficulty, it's a bit tricky for Evo as what they release has to be tough enough not to be a walkover for the guys who've been playing for months, yet still accessible for the recently converted. As has been said many times above, the easiest way to do this has to be via the stars - keep the 3rd star tough to obtain but lower the number of stars required to access the different tour sections.

I think dynamic weather might need to go. At first I didn't think so but then I saw my times had a dramatic increase when it rained. Some people start on heavy rain and others have pretty much dry all the time. Just have dry or rain, one of the two. Other than that, it's great.

During a race with 3 clubmates we had a bug where the weather was different for 1 of us - he started with heavy snow and ended clear whilst it was opposite for the rest of us - is this what you mean? I've never seen it since though.

Not really, just make that final lap after the time runs out last for the duration of your fastest lap that way if you beat it you finish the last lap and if you don't, well it obviously wasn't going to improve.

Yep this is the way to do it - Do it like F1 which allows you to complete the lap if you've crossed the line before the time runs out, but limit the time allowed.

I'm in the keeping the dynamic weather camp (I'm a massive F1 fan and seeing this during quali always get my juices flowing).

I'd like player levels displayed next to their names rather than having to click on their names to reveal their details.

Just as an aside, in multi player races I'd like to see fastest lap breakdowns during the end results screen.

Yup I'm with you on these putty, I'd also like to see the club badge on results screens too (at the mo it only appears on team race events).

I also have the steelbook edition - bought it in December for a lower price than standard edition. :) Btw have you noticed that it's harder to pull the disc from the steelbook case (the part holding the disc isn't flexible)? I'm afraid of breaking it so I ended up leaving the steelbook on a display just for show and I store the disc in a standard dvd case.

Not overly so, the disc-holding-bit is definitely stiffer than a normal case though. I haven't felt the need to transfer the disc to a less godlike case just yet!

I paid just a little bit over the price of a regular copy for my steelbook, seeing the new Japan tracks tipped me over the edge!

@Rushy

Please, please, PLEASE don't make this game easier. I just read on N4G that you guys will be tweaking the difficulty and making the game easier. Say it isn't true! This game is very hard at times, but it's part of the appeal. This is a racer that separates the boys from the men, take pride in that!

Fuck the filthy casuals who are used to have first-place handed to them on a silver platter. XD

Totally agree, i'm not very good at all but the challenge is spot on and when I do complete whatever it is i set out to do the feeling of accomplishment is fantastic, unlike a lot of other games where things get handed to you on a silver platter!

Putty

I've a couple of hours free today, well before my beloved Boro batter Citeh in the FA Cup! So these new DC challenges will be getting hammered!

Flayer

Will the Season Pass give me all current and future DLC?

This indicates that people that buy the season pass are also buying other dlc.
That's just because once you purchase the Season Pass the paid DLCs become free but you still have to manually click on them to activate them.

Top Bottom