• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Denur

Anyone noticing more jaggies and pop in since the latest update? Barely ever noticed pop in before, but now I'm noticing it fairly often, along with more environmental jaggies on things like railings etc more too. Can anyone else chime in?
I haven't noticed those, but last Sunday I said to myself that "it looks better". I don't remember for sure which track or event I was on, or even what was better. I think it was one of the India tracks, that used to look dull in clear weather. If I saw this correctly (and that is a big if), than maybe they have been tweaking the IQ, where improvements in one area needed some compromise in another (like AA).

Could those jaggies be more noticeable now for those that turned off camera shake?
Could be. I can't imagine they'd regress on anything like that, because there aren't any performance issues to note of so no need to fiddle, unless to improve.

I hope we do see technical improvements though, with this game being a service now I hope they don't just do the easy thing of adding more content.

Would be nice to see shadows appear higher res further out, turn the texture filtering up a notch and same for the aliasing.

I thought the difficulty options were supposed to come with this update? Anyone know when they'll be coming? If it's not too long I may just wait before starting this month's DLC.

nib95

Banned
Could those jaggies be more noticeable now for those that turned off camera shake?

I play with full camera shake, so it's not that. I felt the AA improved in one of the earlier updates, but that it's now gone back to being slightly less efficient. I notice it in things like foliage, fences, railings etc. Unless I'm just losing my marbles, who knows lol.

I do hope they can improve the AA though. For whatever reason I'm getting distracted by some of the jaggies now, whereas before I wasn't.

Really annoying that none of the new cars can be customised, with the exception of choosing one of a few colours for the GT-R.

The Trophy R is available in a few factory colours so not even sure why that's only limited to white either?

desu

Loving the new stuff.

Hope we get some news regarding the games future soon but I guess we might have to wait a few months.

What do you mean?

I haven't played the tours yet if it's a tour event.

Sorry, i should have clarified. It's the Megane event at Kinloch in the new Horsepower Tour. I'm having some problems getting the third star and thought you might have played it already.

Vaga

MRW first playing and hearing the FXXK

YSGrgMd.gif

Also whoever named the event FAST AS FXXK deserves a fucking raise.

I could go on and get it recorded how far are you off the time?

I'm 2 seconds off. Right off the rolling start the ghost leaves me in the dust and i'm playing catch up for the rest of the lap, so i take it i need to get good speed at the end of one lap in order to go head to head with him in the next one (though i guess a really good driver might catch him in the first lap already), but my problem is that i can't quite nail the big turn before the final straight and therefore don't gain any speed advantage over the rolling start speed.

I'm 2 seconds off. Right off the rolling start the ghost leaves me in the dust and i'm playing catch up for the rest of the lap, so i take it i need to get good speed at the end of one lap in order to go head to head with him in the next one (though i guess a really good driver might catch him in the first lap already), but my problem is that i can't quite nail the big turn before the final straight and therefore don't gain any speed advantage over the rolling start speed.
Not the best of laps, completely mucked up the braking over the bridge and was far too conservative in the final 2 corners but it gives you an idea, still. You can cut those corners quite aggressively.

Don't brake in the middle section. I think I eased off a touch, but you can easily go flat out.

https://youtu.be/ttRTzCy1DsM

Not the best of laps, completely mucked up the braking over the bridge and was far too conservative in the final 2 corners but it gives you an idea, still. You can cut those corners quite aggressively.

Don't brake in the middle section. I think I eased off a touch, but you can easily go flat out.

https://youtu.be/ttRTzCy1DsM

Awesome, thanks! I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I see there's a 10MPH difference when you cross the start/finish line compared to me, so i need to work on that last big turn, the rest should be fine.

kie25

Yes I'm just uploading mine in a min 1.35.8 just managed to get it before replay ended not 100% perfect as it was only my 8th lap or summit but still good enough for top spot :)

farmerboy

Haven't played much DC in the last month or so. A bit going on. A good friend of mine has me playing a bit of pCARS (which is good, may have even made me a better driver) and been playing a lot of Batman AK (seriously, I love being the Batman - how corny).

So last night while I waited for the missus to get ready to watch John Wick, (yeah I know I'm LTTP, but great movie) I managed 20 mins on DC with the new content. Holy shit.

HOLY.

SHIT.

Got to Lvl 65, set a few car specific world no 1s (they'll be gone today!!, should've taken a screen grab) and just really enjoyed it. And the LaFerrari FXX. How many corners did I completely fluff just because I was too busy listening to that baby wind out?

After a little break you kinda forget just how much fun DC is, and last night just 100 % completely nailed it for me yet again. Its just So. Much. Fun. Couldn't resist another 30 min session when the movie finished to finish levelling and do a few TTs just to drive the cars.

Looking forward to their future announcements. :)

valkyre

Ok someone needs to do something about that windscreen wipers speed... Its fucking stupid the way it is now with wipers moving so slow while you are blind for 2-3 seconds...

Seriously wtf is up with this crap? Its been way too monhts and still no fix for this.

Give us wiper speed control!

Shaneus

Also whoever named the event FAST AS FXXK deserves a fucking raise.
You missed FXX KING DRIFT. I thought that was a little better :)

Also, have to chime in and say I love the new level goals once you hit 60+. If only because they're not always going with hyper/super cars for each of the trials. The Mazzanti trial was fantastic, I'm now onto the Audi RS6/Scotland goal and loving the hell out of it.

Edit: I think the water droplets on the bumper cam at least need to be tweaked, too. I'm sure it wasn't this difficult to see things before, but visibility seems to have been reduced further recently. Maybe I'm imagining things, but it feels significantly harder than in the past.

farmerboy

Apologies for the repeat post, but would really appreciate, to the extent people are still accepting members, if I could join one of the GAF clubs. You can PM me to avoid disturbing the flow on the thread.

Sorry pal, I'd invite you but we haven't really been all that active, and that would be a bummer for you.

Start your own and leave it open, you might get a few joining. Last time we did that, and 3 joined overnight, though I've never spoke to or messaged any of them. :-(

NewDust

You missed FXX KING DRIFT. I thought that was a little better :)

Also, have to chime in and say I love the new level goals once you hit 60+. If only because they're not always going with hyper/super cars for each of the trials. The Mazzanti trial was fantastic, I'm now onto the Audi RS6/Scotland goal and loving the hell out of it.

Have seen that event name atleast 10 times and just now I get it :)

I also like the new goals, except I just hit enough fame for level 62... I hoped the new DLC would bring me a little higher, but I found these two tours really easy. What is the best way to tackle the fame goals? I'm not willing to grind it out drifting... Challenges? Even if you are mediocre? Or is there also a lot to gain in MP?

Anyone find these final two tours a little on the easy side? I 3-starred almost all events on my first go which usually never happens. Although, after the nightmare endurance race with the drift challenges last month, maybe I needed something I could breeze through.

nib95

Banned
Mclaren P1 GTR Tamil 1 Hotlap

http://youtu.be/5fdmGSqnH2c

Is this a world record, or is your One:1 time still faster?

Side note, this is one of those special games that you play after a long hiatus, and find it just immediately grabs you again and doesn't let go. Just so damn fun and addictive. Also an audiovisual tour de force.

Still feel I'm noticing more jaggies since the update. Hope they can polish it up a bit more, because if they just made it look cleaner again, I'd be much less miffed about there not being a DriveClub 2, and instead just getting a second season pass.

kie25

Ok someone needs to do something about that windscreen wipers speed... Its fucking stupid the way it is now with wipers moving so slow while you are blind for 2-3 seconds...

Seriously wtf is up with this crap? Its been way too monhts and still no fix for this.

Give us wiper speed control!

I've mentioned this a few times it's really frustrating just have them on max speed at all times is my suggestion.

IKizzLE

As soon as I started the first Ferrari FXX Evoluzione event, I was like "Are you serious with this handling?1?" LOL. FXX hates its tail end more than the Lykan.

kie25

Is this a world record, or is your One:1 time still faster?

Side note, this is one of those special games that you play after a long hiatus, and find it just immediately grabs you again and doesn't let go. Just so damn fun and addictive. Also an audiovisual tour de force.

Still feel I'm noticing more jaggies since the update. Hope they can polish it up a bit more, because if they just made it look cleaner again, I'd be much less miffed about there not being a DriveClub 2, and instead just getting a second season pass.

No the one:1 still king on that track but im guessing the P1 GTR may take a few tracks away from it.

krioto

Apologies for the repeat post, but would really appreciate, to the extent people are still accepting members, if I could join one of the GAF clubs. You can PM me to avoid disturbing the flow on the thread.

Hi - I've just started my own club (with an alternate me as the other member!) and have got it to level 15 (so have all the club cars unlocked) in a week - so if you want to join as well, let me know.

I was in another GAF club, but became inactive - starting again has definitely been great fun though!

valkyre

Right now, game needs desperately some new tracks to further fuel interest to me. We now have a ton of awesome cars (ofc more are welcome) and what we really need is new playgrounds to enjoy them.

I've come to the point where I pretty much know every track by heart. Adding 1-2 new locations and various tracks will really breath some fresh air to the game.

Auctopus

I only ever noticed a drop in performance after the weather update which was well worth it. There was a little more pop-in but that's it, IQ seems to have improved significantly.

Some of the DLC events are pretty hard for me.

The final race in #uniteinspeed is meant to be reasonbly challenging I think. Your car is considerably underpowered.

As soon as I started the first Ferrari FXX Evoluzione event, I was like "Are you serious with this handling?1?" LOL. FXX hates its tail end more than the Lykan.

I love it it feels live. Most of the cars feel quite tame in the game, the lykan is just slippy but the FXX slips out on aggressive acceleration and feels like high torque.

Top Bottom