• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Makikou

That's what I said but he is convinced the AI cheats and catches up no matter what.

I'm fairly sure one of the topdrivers in this thread did a test and showed us all that he could lap the AI easily. But that's probably 6+ months ago and I can't seem to find it yet. :)

I can prove something but i can't promise i'll lap them.

DD

I've made this video yesterday to try the shareplay tool, based on that Shuni gif, and posted on the 'Next-gen Racing Graphics thread', but I forgot to post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdtWJ6gZS9U

Hope you guys enjoy it. :)

Season Pass price now also reduced ;)

DRIVECLUB = £24.99 / €29.99
DRIVECLUB Season Pass = £9.99 / €12.99
DRIVECLUB for PS+ Subscribers = £11.99 / €14.99
DRIVECLUB & Season Pass for PS+ Subscribers = £15.99 / €19.99

Not sure when the US/Asia store will update their prices, but hopefully soon.

NOICE!

Time to grab that sweet season pass. :)

I've been neglecting DC lately. Vanilla disc version.

Is the season pass worth it (slight rhetoric)? What's included?

A lot of cars and tour events.

That's what I said but he is convinced the AI cheats and catches up no matter what.

I'm fairly sure one of the topdrivers in this thread did a test and showed us all that he could lap the AI easily. But that's probably 6+ months ago and I can't seem to find it yet. :)

Sorry, this is the best thing i have to offer right now, a 10 second lead in a 2 lap race:

driveclub_20150306151cwy5x.jpg

Shouldn't be possible if the AI catches up to you no matter what, right? I'm an average player though, i'm sure the really fast guys here will be able to point you to videos of them lapping the AI. :)

nib95

Banned
Guys?

I'm trying to convince somebody that there is no rubberbanding in this game and that AI cars don't cheat. I know that some people in here have tested it and had minutes or even laps on the 2nd driver with screenshots and all.

Can anybody point me to those? Trying to search myself too.
That person IS convinced the AI cheats...

Here's a shorter race where I was nearly 15 seconds ahead of the second place AI.

Youtube | DRIVECLUB (PS4) | Renault Invitational Tour

The AI do slow down if you're really slow, and race more aggressively if you're doing well, but there's no rubber banding in the sense that they can never drive beyond vehicle, physics or track limitations. You can always continuously put distance between yourself and the AI, so long as you're good enough. Even if you're driving the same car.

Nyx

Sorry, this is the best thing i have to offer right now, a 10 second lead in a 2 lap race:

Shouldn't be possible if the AI catches up to you no matter what, right? I'm an average player though, i'm sure the really fast guys here will be able to point you to videos of them lapping the AI. :)

Yep, thanks!

I've really turned into some DC Defence Force online since I started loving this game lol.

edit: thanks nib95!

Duallusion

I've been neglecting DC lately. Vanilla disc version.

Is the season pass worth it (slight rhetoric)? What's included?

You get 16 tours (166 events) and around 40 (awesome) cars. I don't know much about other season passes but this one was an absolute joy for me. Now that it's half off it's basically a must-have for anyone with even a passing interest in DC.

Duallusion

Guys?

I'm trying to convince somebody that there is no rubberbanding in this game and that AI cars don't cheat. I know that some people in here have tested it and had minutes or even laps on the 2nd driver with screenshots and all.

There are three possible reasons that might have given him that impression (besides not driving well enough:p):

- AI does in fact slow down if you're in the back and seems to drive better if you're leading.
- drafting (it's quite pronounced in DC)
- busted R2 trigger (if same cars accelerate faster off the grid then you then your triggers aren't up to par anymore (speaking from a personal experience))

Nyx

There are three possible reasons that might have given him that impression (besides not driving well enough:p):

- AI does in fact slow down if you're in the back and seems to drive better if you're leading.
- drafting (it's quite pronounced in DC)
- busted R2 trigger (if same cars accelerate faster off the grid then you then your triggers aren't up to par anymore (speaking from a personal experience))

I really think it's the drafting and the fact he's not good enough.

Oh well, just wanted to make sure that any potential buyer in that topic wasn't scared away by his claims and it seems it worked.

down 2 orth

I can't wait for this sale to hit up the US PSN store, going to get me and my clubmates on the season's pass.

Just need to get that last star on the Venom Hot Lap now...

Guys?

Can anybody point me to those? Trying to search myself too.
That person IS convinced the AI cheats...
If you can be arsed to find it, I posted a screenshot of lapping way back.

I've not done an event for a while so just dreamed this up...

Complete the 6 forward Sprint events in the quickest time possible using any car you like, however you can only use each class of car once!

Like this...

https://youtu.be/mKuIwef1ZtE

As it isn't challenge based you'll need to post a video of your runs - it's easy to swap and replace clips in share factory so you can keep trying and replacing runs with quicker ones.

It's quite interesting actually trying to judge which of the events to do using which class :)

Starting in Canada I did

Performance
Hatchback
Hyper
Bonus
Super
Sports

See what you come up with!

Edit: After 15 mins I had 6 views and 4 dislikes! Summat going on!

kie25

On the subject of rubber banding IT DOES NOT Exist, on the dusk till dawn 13 lap race I was 35 seconds ahead 2nd and about 5 seconds behind lapping the bk markers, I've lapped legend AI in races plenty times, people who say the AI cheat are taking poor lines and not getting the speed coming out the bends. Some people think that when AI is in slipstream they are rubber banding but there not it's just driveclubs exaggerated slipstream.

jdw_b

Picked up the PS+ upgrade & season pass, so much content!

Any clubs taking members?

PSN is UltimateBobbyD (unfortunately...I want to change this so bad)

nib95

Banned
Picked up the PS+ upgrade & season pass, so much content!

Any clubs taking members?

PSN is UltimateBobbyD (unfortunately...I want to change this so bad)

Just type GAF when searching clubs. There's bound to be a couple that have some slots free.

I bought this at launch and played the crap out of it, though thanks to the early server/club connectivity woes, I only got the 315/315 stars in SP and moved onto other things.

Saw this weekend that the Season Pass had a substantial discount and decided "what the hell" and picked it up.

Thoroughly enjoying it again. So much extra content and a lot of new (wonderful) cars that I didn't even know had been added.

Intel_89

Does the season pass cover every single tour in the solo play screen? I'd check it myself but I'm not at home right now, I'll buy the DLC if that's the case.

I can't get over how consistent and smooth Kie's driving is. Amazing skills. Also lol at lapping the entire grid lap 15. Legendary AI is no match for Kie. Then again, he is one of the best players in the world lol.

He just makes it look so easy, git :)

On a slightly related note, the only vids that I've had downvoted (like Kie) have been the ones I've mentioned on here so I suspect there may be some anti-GAF feeling amongst some lurkers.

I've been lucky enough to get into the 3.0 firmware beta so whilst I can't talk about that I can mention that the YouTube live streaming records what you've streamed and puts on your youtube channel a while after you've stopped. Watching it back made me realise that multiplayer DC isn't great for streaming at the moment due to the big waits (as previously mentioned) between events. In an hours streaming I completed 6 4-lap races. I just browse gaf on my phone or chat if I'm in a party in between events so don't usually notice the wait, but it must be painful to watch. Hopefully this is something that the private servers will help resolve even if the public ones have to stay as they are..

Intel_89

Yeah I just found out that you have to hand pick each of the DLC's one by one (this is the first season pass i've ever bought) and that was a pain to endure, anywho I just finished doing it.

Just to check, the season pass covers every piece of DLC released so far except:

- DRIVECLUB - Renault R.S. 01
- DRIVECLUB - Ferrari LaFerrari
- Boost Packs

Top Bottom