• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Shaneus

I'm hanging for S2 info as well. Fingers crossed for cities! Hopefully it's not an extended gap from the usual monthly release.

Got a voucher for a store here in Australia that sells PSN cards for my birthday, S2 is what said voucher is earmarked for.

W!CK!D

Banned
Downloaded the DC PS+ Upgrade version and I still can't play the content I already played and payed for. Contacting support now.

Rushy

Finally got myself a PS4 and Driveclub. Game looks amazing.

gP9pSFZ.gif

I've already posted this amazing gif on twitter, any chance of a 3MB version so it auto-previews in twitter?

W!CK!D

Banned
Let me know how you get on.

The support said that I lost all my rights at the "DC PS+ Upgrade" version and at the Apex DLC because I downloaded the "DC PS+" version in July. The purchase was overwritten by the download. It is an error in their databank and they're going to fix it now (for me) which will take about a week.

nib95

Banned
Even though I love the camera shake, is it just me or doesn't anymore else drive better with shake at 0?

Not surprising, as you have less interference. But the sense of speed and fun factor is dramatically reduced, which is why I leave it on default. Also set camera shake to max in other games like ProjectCars.

airjoca

Almost a year playing this game and it still impresses me every time I play and/or watch pics/vids.

The hangover of not having new DLC this month is killiing me. :(

desu

Almost a year playing this game and it still impresses me every time I play and/or watch pics/vids.

The hangover of not having new DLC this month is killiing me. :(

Pretty much, 9 months playing this and not getting sick of it. Bring on season pass 2!

Shaneus

Ahh, dat feel when you get the level 65 goal (Marussia at Cayoosh), then realise you don't have the fame to level up.

Shit.

Shaneus

Bravo though! Especially on that overtake at around 48s.

Shit that it means with douchebags like that, you can't make a proper run for a win.

Bravo though! Especially on that overtake at around 48s.

Shit that it means with douchebags like that, you can't make a proper run for a win.

Cheers bud :) Yeah I was pretty pleased with that clean pass, but thought I'd thrown it away when I screwed up the penultimate bend. It can be damn tough to get through the pack and out of ramming range in the hatchbacks.

Seven downvotes, how curious. I took the liberty of breaking the streak. :)

Cheers man! Yeah that's odd, wonder if it's just an anti DC gaf thing or something else.

airjoca

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=EP9000-CUSA00003_00-XXDRIVECLUBPSUSP

IDK about your guys store's but here in finland you can now get DRIVECLUB + Season Pass Bundle for 19,95€ if you have PS Plus. Amazing deal to be honest.

This is beyond amazing. If this shows up around Europe I'll feel bad because I just recently convinced a couple of guys in another forum that the €25 for the Season Pass was worth it.

Edit: It's in Portugal as well. I'm going to start ORDERING everyone I know to buy this. :)

airjoca

So, what does someone with the game but not the Season Pass do? Is the Season Pass also on sale for a reduced price? Or does that someone simply buy the game + SP bundle to save €5?

desu

So, what does someone with the game but not the Season Pass do? Is the Season Pass also on sale for a reduced price? Or does that someone simply buy the game + SP bundle to save €5?

Currently the SP is not on sale, but there are also no news about the discount by rushy or the psn blog, so who knows if its an error and if they will announce SP2 and this is to get more people in :D.

airjoca

Currently the SP is not on sale, but there are also no news about the discount by rushy or the psn blog, so who knows if its an error and if they will announce SP2 and this is to get more people in :D.

I LOVE the way you think my friend. :)

Rushy

Season Pass price now also reduced ;)

DRIVECLUB = £24.99 / €29.99
DRIVECLUB Season Pass = £9.99 / €12.99
DRIVECLUB for PS+ Subscribers = £11.99 / €14.99
DRIVECLUB & Season Pass for PS+ Subscribers = £15.99 / €19.99

Not sure when the US/Asia store will update their prices, but hopefully soon.

That's a great deal!

I already have the physical version of the game, as well as the season pass, but i'm tempted to get a digital copy of the game for greater convenience. If i buy that, will i need to delete my installation and download the digital version, or would it work just by updating the licenses? Will i also have to delete and re-download all the patches?

desu

I already have the physical version of the game, as well as the season pass, but i'm tempted to get a digital copy of the game for greater convenience. If i buy that, will i need to delete my installation and download the digital version, or would it work just by updating the licenses? Will i also have to delete and re-download all the patches?

Sadly the disc and the digital version do not share the same files/license (at least they did not like 6 months ago). I had to redownload the whole game which was annoying since it loaded only some content and then I had to download a lot of content within the game ...).

nib95

Banned

Awesome….

Now about those new tracks, more Japanese vehicles and Season Pass 2….

new-year-need-a-new-blog-look-please-help-me--L-KORKCT.jpeg

Sadly the disc and the digital version do not share the same files/license (at least they did not like 6 months ago). I had to redownload the whole game which was annoying since it loaded only some content and then I had to download a lot of content within the game ...).

I thought as much. Well, it's an inconvenience, but i still might jump on it. I prefer to buy physical and when i buy something, it tends to stay in the disc drive for a long time, so i don't mind swapping discs occasionally, but for something like DC, which is a great game to just jump into whenever you feel like it, it would be great to have it there at the press of a button. :)
Did you also have to re-download the patches?

desu

Yes, everything.

I had the physical version too, but I've been playing the game straight for 9 months now having it as digital is just perfect. Takes you seconds to get into the game and no more disc switching allllll the time. Was well worth it, especially if you just play the game all the time.

Pachimari

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=EP9000-CUSA00003_00-XXDRIVECLUBPSUSP

IDK about your guys store's but here in finland you can now get DRIVECLUB + Season Pass Bundle for 19,95€ if you have PS Plus. Amazing deal to be honest.

I already have DriveClub on Bluray but I don't own the Season Pass yet. How much is the Season Pass normally?

Season Pass is now €12.99 :)

Oh, I'll get this.
Normal price is €25?

YomommaZ

That's a sweet price. I'll jump in with that full game upgrade and season pass for 20€. Will I have to download everything that's available manually or does the game just unlock everything once it checks your licence?

Pachimari

So I bought the Season Pass. How can I see that I got it?

And can I be part of a club again? I have 75 stars and is lvl 20, and I plan on getting the rest of the stars. It says there's 315 in all.

Rushy

So I bought the Season Pass. How can I see that I got it?
Most of the Store content should either labelled as free (in which case you'll need to download them manually) or already purchased (which means they're already installed.

If you're having any problems just restore your licenses (from settings, PSN).

Nyx

Guys?

I'm trying to convince somebody that there is no rubberbanding in this game and that AI cars don't cheat. I know that some people in here have tested it and had minutes or even laps on the 2nd driver with screenshots and all.

Can anybody point me to those? Trying to search myself too.
That person IS convinced the AI cheats...

airjoca

Guys?

I'm trying to convince somebody that there is no rubberbanding in this game and that AI cars don't cheat. I know that some people in here have tested it and had minutes or even laps on the 2nd driver with screenshots and all.

Can anybody point me to those? Trying to search myself too.
That person IS convinced the AI cheats...

That person needs to drive better :)

desu

The only rubberbanding in the game is that the AI will slow down if you're too bad, however not the other way around.

Nyx

The only rubberbanding in the game is that the AI will slow down if you're too bad, however not the other way around.

That's what I said but he is convinced the AI cheats and catches up no matter what.

I'm fairly sure one of the topdrivers in this thread did a test and showed us all that he could lap the AI easily. But that's probably 6+ months ago and I can't seem to find it yet. :)

desu

I'm fairly sure one of the topdrivers in this thread did a test and showed us all that he could lap the AI easily. But that's probably 6+ months ago and I can't seem to find it yet. :)

Couldn't find it either but yeah people had 10-15 seconds or more on the 2nd place.

Top Bottom