• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

knavish

God i love the Gallardo Squadra Corse. It's so great.
You can just throw it into the apex, no matter if you are going a bit too fast because the car just settles into the most perfect slide through the corner. Sure it ain't the fastest way around but feels great. It's also very stable yet turns well. Very hard to make it spin too.

One of my top 5 cars i'd say.

Many racing games list DLC inside the game, you must not like them either then for that :/. Personally i find Driveclub much less intrusive than eg. Forza Horizon 2 where they plaster Storm Island/Porsche expansions everywhere.

I dislike most of the lambo's except for the Sesto. Just dont get on with them at all, probably because I'm rubbish in all honesty.

kie25

Good video. I'd already completed this but the way you approached it, straight to the point with reason and visual cues works really well. Do this across a few other racing games with all the tracks and I think you could be onto a channel with a decent following.

Thanks yes I've done 1 on project so far here http://youtu.be/YkLNoMhYDT0 but I want to try get elite level 60-75 done on Driveclub I've got 62 done ready just need to voice over it glad you like it :) proves that a certain idiot needs to keep his childish mouth shut on psn ha, any feedback is welcome as im trying to help out people as I get so many messages asking for advice, most people just upload there video and that doesn't really help in my view slowing it down and explaining throttle etc gears in my view should improve peoples driving and fun they get from this game and others :)

Thanks yes I've done 1 on project so far here http://youtu.be/YkLNoMhYDT0 but I want to try get elite level 60-75 done on Driveclub I've got 62 done ready just need to voice over it glad you like it :) proves that a certain idiot needs to keep his childish mouth shut on psn ha, any feedback is welcome as im trying to help out people as I get so many messages asking for advice, most people just upload there video and that doesn't really help in my view slowing it down and explaining throttle etc gears in my view should improve peoples driving and fun they get from this game and others :)

I'm already at level 75, but this is great stuff for anyone still working on the elite levels and it will be extremely helpful if i ever go back to improve my times. Kudos!

I wouldn't really worry much about down votes, there will always be those that dislike what you do. If you can create videos that are useful for people they will be appreciated regardless of whether they give you a thumbs up or not.

kie25

I wouldn't really worry much about down votes, there will always be those that dislike what you do. If you can create videos that are useful for people they will be appreciated regardless of whether they give you a thumbs up or not.

Yes I'm not concerned about downvotes really as it doesn't worry me now, aslong as people are finding the guides etc helpful that's what matters.

knavish

I think most people will know the few people that are doing it, but not gona mention names, I'll still be doing my videos, just subscribe then you won't miss any vids, I've also noticed these sad individuals have down voted my last few uploads, I could do same get loads people to downvote there vids but I'm not 5 years old ha. Anyway thanks for the support glad you enjoy the vids :)

I know you're insinuating that its our team but as we told you yesterday its not us. But you've got it into your mind that it is and there's nothing we can say or do that will change your mind. It verges on paranoia mate.

Look Kie your great at doing time trials (much better than me) and I'm sure people get lots out of your videos but as I said to you yesterday you will get haters. That's the net for you. Even Button has dislikes, did he dislike his own videos? You even claimed that he was getting other people to do it for him? like really? if you're so sure then name them.

You claim not to be childish but quite happily go around the net throwing accusations around which are completely false. Quite frankly we play driveclub to have a laugh, we all party up throw banter at each other etc not one of us cares about any one elses videos.

Even DJ told you yesterday that it wasn't anyone of us. But you just wont have it.

I think I'm man enough to admit if I've done something like that but I haven't and neither has anyone in your old team.

kie25

I know you're insinuating that its our team but as we told you yesterday its not us. But you've got it into your mind that it is and there's nothing we can say or do that will change your mind. It verges on paranoia mate.

Look Kie your great at doing time trials (much better than me) and I'm sure people get lots out of your videos but as I said to you yesterday you will get haters. That's the net for you. Even Button has dislikes, did he dislike his own videos? You even claimed that he was getting other people to do it for him? like really? if you're so sure then name them.

You claim not to be childish but quite happily go around the net throwing accusations around which are completely false. Quite frankly we play driveclub to have a laugh, we all party up throw banter at each other etc not one of us cares about any one elses videos.

Even DJ told you yesterday that it wasn't anyone of us. But you just wont have it.

I think I'm man enough to admit if I've done something like that but I haven't and neither has anyone in your old team.

Do you know what I would have listened to what you had to say if 1 the lobby name hadn't been named what it was trying to wind me up and 2. Button wasn't such a childish idiot, did I once bite back at his stupid comments calling me a fag and gay because I voice over my videos, he is insulting and immature, I would like to see him act so big and clever in person, he acts like he is some big hard man behind the internet. At the end the day I have no problem with you etc david is sound I don't know the rest your lot, I would say that all these down votes etc started after button put a video on his youtube naming me in the title, if like you say he doesn't care about me why is he going out his way to name videos after me?

https://youtu.be/315YbXvtTVM

Which I found funny as my friend told me about this video and the best part is I had already beat that time by time he posted, I didn't do a any videos naming button, button started all this by sending me a message telling me stop posting videos in here, he even claimed I had said I only take 5 mins to do my time trials when if he had read what I had put without acting like A kid, he would have seen I said some take hours everyone else saw I had put that, like some the AHR 1 records took me 1 lap others took 15 plus mins as I'm not a fan 4wd cars like lambos etc I don't deal well with understeer.

World records take longer the kinloch 2nd place I got took over 1 hour as that car on that track for me was hard, I don't claim to be some amazing gamer who can beat anyone, I had respect for button b4 he sent that message as the guy is fast nobody can say he ain't but he is immature it's a game, if someone beats you instead calling them all kinda just beat there time bk. after him telling me to stop voicing over my videos because I sound gay and like a fag I just left as if I reacted I'd got banned off psn. And to be fair I won't lower myself to his level if it's not you guys that is ok I apologise for thinking it was. What I will say is why is button watching my vids if he is not bothered aswell just ignore them I don't watch his he clearly must be watching them to know I voiced them over?

knavish

Do you know what I would have listened to what you had to say if 1 the lobby name hadn't been named what it was trying to wind me up and 2. Button wasn't such a childish idiot, did I once bite back at his stupid comments calling me a fag and gay because I voice over my videos, he is insulting and immature, I would like to see him act so big and clever in person, he acts like he is some big hard man behind the internet. At the end the day I have no problem with you etc david is sound I don't know the rest your lot, I would say that all these down votes etc started after button put a video on his youtube naming me in the title, if like you say he doesn't care about me why is he going out his way to name videos after me?

https://youtu.be/315YbXvtTVM

Which I found funny as my friend told me about this video and the best part is I had already beat that time by time he posted, I didn't do a any videos naming button, button started all this by sending me a message telling me stop posting videos in here, he even claimed I had said I only take 5 mins to do my time trials when if he had read what I had put without acting like A kid, he would have seen I said some take hours everyone else saw I had put that, like some the AHR 1 records took me 1 lap others took 15 plus mins as I'm not a fan 4wd cars like lambos etc I don't deal well with understeer.

World records take longer the kinloch 2nd place I got took over 1 hour as that car on that track for me was hard, I don't claim to be some amazing gamer who can beat anyone, I had respect for button b4 he sent that message as the guy is fast nobody can say he ain't but he is immature it's a game, if someone beats you instead calling them all kinda just beat there time bk. after him telling me to stop voicing over my videos because I sound gay and like a fag I just left as if I reacted I'd got banned off psn. And to be fair I won't lower myself to his level if it's not you guys that is ok I apologise for thinking it was. What I will say is why is button watching my vids if he is not bothered aswell just ignore them I don't watch his he clearly must be watching them to know I voiced them over?

Look you and button obviously have issues with each other, I frankly don't care and its something between you and button, lets agree to keep it that way. I appreciate the apology and lets just put this to bed. I'm too old and long in the tooth to get into arguments - just don't like people throwing around accusations about me or my team.

I've never once watched anyone's videos about driveclub, i'd rather just race - i probably should watch some videos as it might help me to stop being shit at this game.

Melchiah

That's officially the last video I'll be putting in here, 7 down votes as soon as I put it in here, it's clear who it is they need to get a life the sad perfectic individuals, it's clear who it is and the group who it is, so many bitter individuals.
I've had a think and I'm gona just post more videos as it's clearly annoying them that I'm posting them :) I'm not gona act like a 5 year old and down vote there videos I'll just keep the guides and videos coming :)

That sounds really petty. To imagine it bothers some people so much, when others are better in a game than they are. It's a good thing you decided to continue despite of their childish behavior.

On a side note, it was also funny when I uploaded few Bloodborne videos, and shortly after I posted them here someone had disliked all of them.

Look it doesn't matter, because, I set the fastest time on Kobago Reversed, which seems to be popular lately among the top folk, yesterday in that car.

Now I mean I've not put hardly any time into that track and it's not really clicked for me, and I even clipped barriers and stuff and yet still I set the best time.

That's just how good I am. So, drop your handbags, then pack some real bags, and leave. Game over.

Fully expect to be 10th when I get home.

Melchiah

Man, I need to climb a dozen ranks in leaderboards so I can get involved with Dramaclub.

5elkxSM.gif

Makikou

Man, I need to climb a dozen ranks in leaderboards so I can get involved with Dramaclub.

I wish i could race with you in a party my friend. Are you american? Hardly seen you around at like.. 23-00 gmt +3 when i usually have played with Shannow now.

Edit: Stellar job with the video kie, i seldom drive driveclub competitively now but would love to see you get a proper PC and hop over to iRacing :)

Auctopus

I wish i could race with you in a party my friend. Are you american? Hardly seen you around at like.. 23-00 gmt +3 when i usually have played with Shannow now.

Edit: Stellar job with the video kie, i seldom drive driveclub competitively now but would love to see you get a proper PC and hop over to iRacing :)

I'm UK, buddy :) I'd love to race with a few guys on here, too. Yeah, I'm usually playing quite late on weekdays as it's the only time I really have. I'll be playing a fair bit this Bank Holiday weekend though so just shoot me an invite, I'm always up for a challenge as well.

knavish

God i love the Gallardo Squadra Corse. It's so great.
You can just throw it into the apex, no matter if you are going a bit too fast because the car just settles into the most perfect slide through the corner. Sure it ain't the fastest way around but feels great. It's also very stable yet turns well. Very hard to make it spin too.

One of my top 5 cars i'd say.

Many racing games list DLC inside the game, you must not like them either then for that :/. Personally i find Driveclub much less intrusive than eg. Forza Horizon 2 where they plaster Storm Island/Porsche expansions everywhere.

mate you set a rapid time on that Evo challenge with the Aston V12 Zagato took me a while to get it. Still 0.2s behind Button though and I dont think I can go any quicker

Makikou

mate you set a rapid time on that Evo challenge with the Aston V12 Zagato took me a while to get it. Still 0.2s behind Button though and I dont think I can go any quicker

I think i can get you, dunno about 1st place.. Losing 0.503 on middle sector while being fastest on S1 & S3..

Auctopus

I think i can get you, dunno about 1st place.. Losing 0.503 on middle sector while being fastest on S1 & S3..

I was chasing you and Button for a bit but gave it a rest 'cause I was getting tired. I haven't really ever time trial'd on Sinclair Pass before but it's a great track in reverse, think I got to about 8th. Will try again tomorrow.

knavish

I lose loads last sector. the chicane and the hairpin is where I lose most of my time, I'm not sure whether I should be in 2nd or 3rd gear for the chicane. 3rd gear helps me to keep wheel spin down to a minimum but I lose time

knavish

I was chasing you and Button for a bit but gave it a rest 'cause I was getting tired. I haven't really ever time trial'd on Sinclair Pass before but it's a great track in reverse, think I got to about 8th. Will try again tomorrow.

Yeah bud Sinclair pass reverse is one of my fav tracks, its so fun with the one:1 round there.

What's everyone's fav tracks? I seem to prefer the circuits over point to points.

Makikou

Yeah bud Sinclair pass reverse is one of my fav tracks, its so fun with the one:1 round there.

What's everyone's fav tracks? I seem to prefer the circuits over point to points.

Just got a 1:34.447 down on the challenge. There's still some time there though..

Favourites would probably be.. Sentraltind, Atlantershevsvagen, Sinclair Pass Reverse, Kobago Reverse, Salar de Surize, Yedapalli

knavish

Just got a 1:34.447 down on the challenge. There's still some time there though..

Favourites would probably be.. Sentraltind, Atlantershevsvagen, Sinclair Pass Reverse, Kobago Reverse, Salar de Surize, Yedapalli

great time mate! i dont think i can beat that. yeah I like Sentralind normal and reverse, Sinclair pass both ways and normal Kobago too. Dislike Goshidara, Nakasendo and Munnar

Makikou

great time mate! i dont think i can beat that. yeah I like Sentralind normal and reverse, Sinclair pass both ways and normal Kobago too. Dislike Goshidara, Nakasendo and Munnar

I just got lucky, i feel i am performing better now that i just try it for like 2-4 laps and if it's not clicking i'll come back around later!

Nakasendo is pretty good imo, depends on the car. I don't like hyper cars too much so i tend to stick to Super/Performance.

Sentraltind for me too. It is where my best leaderboard placements are, or were, I like to just set the best time then not look again so that in my mind I'm still #1 :p

At one stage I had #1 time across all hyper cars, with the exception of the P1 and Venom. I probably have none now :p

Most of the short laps are great, allows you to easily get in a rhythm.

I don't really go on P2P tracks outside of races for that reason.

Auctopus

Munnar & Kobago for me.

I'm 5th fastest overall on Munnar and I'm practicing to take the No.1 spot, hopefully. It's just a great, varied track.

Kobago is the closest I came to winning a Evo challenge. It's the first challenge after Kobago released and it was using the BAC Mono. Top 3 was between me, Kie and Fun4Gaming but Kie took it at the end.

Edit: Tapaaca reverse is also great.

Atlanterhavsveien and Sinclair Pass both normal.

Atlanterhavsveien due to the undulations and the way the cars want to slide during the second sector with the tight line surrounded by rocks and barriers.

Sinclair Pass one that I'm not very good at but really enjoy the mixture of corners it features and full speed near misses it contains.

kie25

Munnar & Kobago for me.

I'm 5th fastest overall on Munnar and I'm practicing to take the No.1 spot, hopefully. It's just a great, varied track.

Kobago is the closest I came to winning a Evo challenge. It's the first challenge after Kobago released and it was using the BAC Mono. Top 3 was between me, Kie and Fun4Gaming but Kie took it at the end.

Edit: Tapaaca reverse is also great.

Yes you came 4th on that challenge my mate Zak got 3rd in the end :) I remember that really enjoyable track with the bac mono

http://youtu.be/rEsFRtpxk-U

Really good track when you get to grips with it

Auctopus

Giving up on Sinclair Pass as I'm getting that stupid bug I described several weeks ago where I just get random ghosts of myself from previous laps.

It's so frustrating as I think I've beat my best time but it turns out it was some irrelevant lap I did 10 minutes ago. So annoying and just make me not wanna play.

Giving up on Sinclair Pass as I'm getting that stupid bug I described several weeks ago where I just get random ghosts of myself from previous laps.

It's so frustrating as I think I've beat my best time but it turns out it was some irrelevant lap I did 10 minutes ago. So annoying and just make me not wanna play.

I remember your ghost never showed up when your time was the next to beat, yet most other people's do - very odd.

While we're talking fav tracks, mine are the usual suspects in Sentraltindt, Salare de surire, Sinclair Pass, Yedapalli and Kobago. I detest Goshodaira and the two Indian P2p's... I've noticed that no one is talking about the racetracks as being their favs, more the road circuits...

I think I have a definite weakness with high speed bends, and I struggle to be competitive at all on tracks with a lot of them. Tight and twisty tracks are defo more my style.

Auctopus

I remember your ghost never showed up when your time was the next to beat, yet most other people's do - very odd.

While we're talking fav tracks, mine are the usual suspects in Sentraltindt, Salare de surire, Sinclair Pass, Yedapalli and Kobago. I detest Goshodaira and the two Indian P2p's... I've noticed that no one is talking about the racetracks as being their favs, more the road circuits...

I think I have a definite weakness with high speed bends, and I struggle to be competitive at all on tracks with a lot of them. Tight and twisty tracks are defo more my style.

I don't know what it is but it certainly makes me lose my competitive edge as I get frustrated a lot quicker.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of either of the two Japan P2P tracks, not that they're bad, I just can't figure out how to drive them properly. To be honest, I find the tracks I enjoy the most are the ones I'm good at. I've put the most work in to Munnar hence why I enjoy it so much. If I put the same effort in to the other tracks and learned their kinks then I'm sure I'd enjoy them too. That's sort of what I like about Sprints.

Because that frigging series of corners on the chamber on BHR can go fuck itself :p

I don't think I've once gone through it 'correctly'.

Because that frigging series of corners on the chamber on BHR can go fuck itself :p

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, hate the section myself. Another one that is very hit and miss is that first chicane on Fraser Valley where there's a bump on the entrance that likes to kick the back end out and send you into the barriers...

farmerboy

Bandipur Reverse.

Dont know why its my favourite, i think all the trees on the straight wizzing by just looks cool. Plus not too many corners (lame reason!), it's just been the track i gravitate to when I wanna try a new car.

Bandipur Regular though, hate it.

Speaking of new cars, has the new Fazza got helium in the tires? It feels so much lighter than the 458.

knavish

I can only recommend how I take those two chicances, cut the first section slightly on the first and keep it in as high a gear as you can to reduce the oversteer. The 2nd chicane at the top of the hill, before you hit the uphill bit drop a gear, cut the corner on the left and dot accelerate until you straighten up......if that makes any sense???

knavish

Bandipur Reverse.

Dont know why its my favourite, i think all the trees on the straight wizzing by just looks cool. Plus not too many corners (lame reason!), it's just been the track i gravitate to when I wanna try a new car.

Bandipur Regular though, hate it.

Speaking of new cars, has the new Fazza got helium in the tires? It feels so much lighter than the 458.

Yeah Bandipur reverse is one of my fav's too, I had the WR on there in the One:1 but that only lasted about 12 hours! Still 4th or 5th on it though. Tough first corner which can make or break your lap and the last corner too, get that wrong and you lose momentum for that long straight. Advice for the last corner would be to use the dirt on the right (out wide) and cut the corner as you turn left

Top Bottom