• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

down 2 orth

Hey guys I've got a question about region locking:

I bought a physical Hong Kong version of the game but my PSN account is registered for the U.S. So I've accessed all the great goodies that Sony has given away for the game through PSN, but they won't work with my Hong Kong disc. I can't even buy any DLC. So...

1) Is there any quick and easy way around this?

2) Can I borrow a U.S. copy of the game from my friend, access all these DLC extras, and then resume using my Hong Kong copy of the game with these extras activated?

It's a bit of a bummer because I thought region locking was a thing of the past...

Silentium

Hey guys I've got a question about region locking:

I bought a physical Hong Kong version of the game but my PSN account is registered for the U.S. So I've accessed all the great goodies that Sony has given away for the game through PSN, but they won't work with my Hong Kong disc. I can't even buy any DLC. So...

1) Is there any quick and easy way around this?

2) Can I borrow a U.S. copy of the game from my friend, access all these DLC extras, and then resume using my Hong Kong copy of the game with these extras activated?

It's a bit of a bummer because I thought region locking was a thing of the past...
Making a Hong Kong PSN account should let you download the DLC. HK DLC will work in your regular PSN account with the HK copy of the game. I have the same issue (AUS DriveClub, US PSN).

kie25

I have a time of 2:27.734 on Trotternish with the Aston Martin V12 Vantage S (before I hit level 68), yet the objective for level 69 (req a time of 2:28.000) isn't green. What am I doing wrong? Is it the reverse Trotternish? Do I have to beat the time again?

All the times need to be done again, I had a few already but you need to do them as you unlock the requirement :)

farmerboy

Thanks Evo.
Thankyou so very very much.
For reminding me how much I've disliked the GTA Spano and RUF CT3.

Seriously, I'm indebted to you.

T_Exige

Got to lv75 today, CTR3 was the hardest.

For some new locations I vote for:
USA California / Nevada
France South Riviera
Italy Tuscany
Germany Eifel
Australia or South Africa

Makikou

Thanks Evo.
Thankyou so very very much.
For reminding me how much I've disliked the GTA Spano and RUF CT3.

Seriously, I'm indebted to you.

Oh come on, i really like the Spano and CTR3, sure the CTR3 needs the buff its going to get but i still like it for some disgusting self-sadomasochistic reason.

Just saying.

Makikou

Whats the safe word Maki?

WHATS THE SAFE WORD!?

I can't take this no more.

OT:
My PS4 controller disagreed for a bit, just started my ps4 from the controller's PS button since i had the controller on recharge for the night.
PS4 boots up, controller light stays white and is unresponsive.. First reaction is a kin to WTF except in finnish. Placing PS4 onto rest mode and letting controller shut down, start from PS button again and the console boots up but the controller is just showing it's not-blinking white light bar.

Alright, time to google. Hold PS4 power button for 8 seconds. Okay. PS4 shuts down completely and i restart it from the PS4's own button. Plug in the DS4 using USB cable and start. Syncs up. Works.

WTF?
/OT

kie25

Oh come on, i really like the Spano and CTR3, sure the CTR3 needs the buff its going to get but i still like it for some disgusting self-sadomasochistic reason.

Just saying.
I agree 100% the GTa Spano is actually 1 the faster super cars, need to be smooth but it's fast driven properly, and I actually don't mind the ruf, yes it's not fast but we can't have every car being fast to make it better to drive, it handles fine so I don't actually mind it.

Makikou

I agree 100% the GTa Spano is actually 1 the faster super cars, need to be smooth but it's fast driven properly, and I actually don't mind the ruf, yes it's not fast but we can't have every car being fast to make it better to drive, it handles fine so I don't actually mind it.

IDK my friend, at times i feel even Super-class cars are faster than the CTR3. :B

kie25

IDK my friend, at times i feel even Super-class cars are faster than the CTR3. :B

I tested every car on AHR 1 and the ruf was still few seconds faster than the fastest super car which was the Twin run, maybe if the track is twisty but then the cars like the twin run etc beat more than just the ruf. On Your average track with a straights bends etc like AHR etc Ruf still beats fastest super.

Like many of us, I can't wait for the private servers to arrive. I'd like a timed qualifying period before the race start so you can compete to get a good grid slot rather than the randomised grid we have on the public servers at the moment, which is fine for circuits but not for P2P tracks... Which made me think are Evo currently working on this and Sprint mode is how they're going to handle qualifying on those tracks. Think I'm right? Or happy with random grid placement?

Like many of us, I can't wait for the private servers to arrive. I'd like a timed qualifying period before the race start so you can compete to get a good grid slot rather than the randomised grid we have on the public servers at the moment, which is fine for circuits but not for P2P tracks... Which made me think are Evo currently working on this and Sprint mode is how they're going to handle qualifying on those tracks. Think I'm right? Or happy with random grid placement?

I really like the idea.

kie25

I suggested ages ago they add a type qualifying like grid autosport had where you set a time trial up then set the grid to prev race results :) I'm guessing they will follow this way to get a qualifying type grid order. Hopefully it made it in :)

I suggested ages ago they add a type qualifying like grid autosport had where you set a time trial up then set the grid to prev race results :) I'm guessing they will follow this way to get a qualifying type grid order. Hopefully it made it in :)

Yeah hopefully! Have you got any more visits to Evo scheduled?

Auctopus

Hopefully, it's taken a long time due to it being elaborate or robust in some way.

IKizzLE

Qualifying would be clutch for private servers.
Doesn't really matter for public rooms, because in the first turn, everyone behind you will just take you out anyways.

desu

Elite level 64 was pretty fun, I really like the track and after a few rounds the RUF wasn't as bad as I initially thought.

farmerboy

Okay, got no love for this the first time i suggested it, but i think DC multi would lend itself well to different modes and my suggestion is. .......

a handicap race mode. Better racers at the back of the grid, delayed start times, etc. Imagine a 10 lap race where for instance i start 30 sec before the better guys. Slowly but surely they reel me in before a very hectic final few laps.

Its not gonna replace your standard racing but i really think it would be a really fun mode that would suit DC well.

Okay, got no love for this the first time i suggested it, but i think DC multi would lend itself well to different modes and my suggestion is. .......

a handicap race mode. Better racers at the back of the grid, delayed start times, etc. Imagine a 10 lap race where for instance i start 30 sec before the better guys. Slowly but surely they reel me in before a very hectic final few laps.

Its not gonna replace your standard racing but i really think it would be a really fun mode that would suit DC well.

I like the sound if it but how do they determine how quick someone is and how much handicap to give? Can't use qualifying as everyone would just drive slowly, and fame rankings are more like a gauge of how much you play than how good you are.

farmerboy

I like the sound if it but how do they determine how quick someone is and how much handicap to give? Can't use qualifying as everyone would just drive slowly, and fame rankings are more like a gauge of how much you play than how good you are.

I'm an ideas man, someone else can work out the details! It'd be a lot easier if it was just a setting in a private lobby. It's more of an idea to spice things up between mates, maybe even betting fame points on the outcome. The more headstart you give the bigger the multiplier on the points.

Depends too on the type of statistics the servers have kept. Maybe DC knows your average lap time for that track/configuration and bases the handicap on that.

kie25

Surely just a reverse grid from prev race results? That's what grid etc had option to do.

Tommi84

That CTR challenge on Tamil Nadu 03 was a b... Real, real b[...].

However, if anyone is interested in some quick Fame points and haven't done the Startline Championship, then that's the best time to do it. With double fame points, you'll get easy 300.000+ points for approx 9min of not-so-difficult races. Plus, redoing that will net you around 240.000

Values may vary due to your Club Accolade bonus - I got 47.000 for the second attempt.

farmerboy

Of course kie, you have stuff like a reverse grid. I'm just talking about a different mode cos i think DC would lend itself well to different multi modes.

You wouldn't be scared of giving me a headstart would you? ;-)

Surely just a reverse grid from prev race results? That's what grid etc had option to do.

Reverse grid would work, and the handicap gaps between starts could be based off your finish times... Where does it place a new starter tho? Mid grid?

Being able to place fame bets with other players would be a cool addition too ;-)

IKizzLE

Reverse grid would work, and the handicap gaps between starts could be based off your finish times... Where does it place a new starter tho? Mid grid?

Being able to place fame bets with other players would be a cool addition too ;-)

Honestly, a huge missed opportunity in the online department.

Qualifiers
Online Betting
Club vs Club Races
Lap time Recording
Clan Leaderboard
Etc...

Evo delivered such a bare bones online mode that pretty much killed the online racing community. Could've grabbed the userbase by the balls and kept them locked in with a more feature rich and engrossing online racing experience. The online experience is way too important in 2014/2015 to pass up, especially with Esports exploding with several different leagues. Hell, look at the ESL championship for Rocket League that just happened! Driveclub could've easily been esports ready with the right regulations in place for online races (accurate and appropriate collision penalties, grid placements, built in championship series, ghosting first corner, etc). Yet, we waited a year just to get the bare minimum for modern racing games (private servers).

:(

You could use a time trial to determine positioning.

Sort of along the same lines I think something that takes inspiration from match sprint track cycling could create a fun game mode. The way I would personally adapt this is the faster driver is the leader and has a slower car, whilst the follower has the slower time but has a faster car, difference in time between the two determines the distance, closer the times are the further apart they are, the further apart the times the closer together they start or the bigger the difference in car power.

Honestly, a huge missed opportunity in the online department.

Qualifiers
Online Betting
Club vs Club Races
Lap time Recording
Clan Leaderboard
Etc...

Evo delivered such a bare bones online mode that pretty much killed the online racing community. Could've grabbed the userbase by the balls and kept them locked in with a more feature rich and engrossing online racing experience. The online experience is way too important in 2014/2015 to pass up, especially with Esports exploding with several different leagues. Hell, look at the ESL championship for Rocket League that just happened! Driveclub could've easily been esports ready with the right regulations in place for online races (accurate and appropriate collision penalties, grid placements, built in championship series, ghosting first corner, etc). Yet, we waited a year just to get the bare minimum for modern racing games (private servers).

:(

You're right in what your asking for, and I think we may well get it eventually as Evo build on the game as a service premise. I think they would've loved to put all that stuff in but they have a finite amount of resources and even the weather didn't make it in till a post launch patch. It does feel like a bit of a missed opportunity not to have had that stuff in, but they've had to prioritise the single player game first.

Shaneus

Polyphony Digital already picked up Forza's audio lead to improve sound for GT7.
Are you serious? As in, Nick Wiswell?

Edit: It was Mike Caviezel (according to LinkedIn). Surprising they go outside of Japan for any of their staff... maybe it's to get all the audio for the US cars. Forza's never had outstanding sound though, but it's almost always been better than GT.

Edit #2: If I had to call a really big get for next season, I'd say there'll be two (maybe three?) new locations, with both being cities. But that's just the PGR fan in me saying that.

Ame

Edit: It was Mike Caviezel (according to LinkedIn). Surprising they go outside of Japan for any of their staff... maybe it's to get all the audio for the US cars. Forza's never had outstanding sound though, but it's almost always been better than GT.

Anything is better than the GT vacuum cleaner sound. Here's a link from gtplanet. There's even a video with Caviezel talking about car sounds in games. I'm just glad they're finally addressing this.

https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-hires-previous-forza-audio-lead-for-gran-turismo/

Fenzer

My biggest complain regarding the Online on this game is the waiting time between races. Seriously... It's almost like you could do another race during this waiting time.

So what happens ? Everyone leaves the lobby after a race because it's faster to go into a new race if you register to a new event...

My biggest complain regarding the Online on this game is the waiting time between races. Seriously... It's almost like you could do another race during this waiting time.

So what happens ? Everyone leaves the lobby after a race because it's faster to go into a new race if you register to a new event...

Just so you know the fact that the name disappear from the lebby list doesn't mean that they disconnected from it.( between races )
And it's not faster to register to a new event since lobby registration is at fixed times so in reality you always have the same amount of waiting between races. When people quit lobbies it's because they don't like the next race/event , that's all.

Top Bottom