• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Mullah88

^
Thought you had a real (bumper to bumper) clean race online.
Disappointed!

I think I've read that some retailer had an exclusivity on pre-order bonus DLC in North America.
Not sure which one, not sure if true, but this may explain it.

lol near impossible with the A-holes i play against

GodofWine

To support the guys who bought the game, paid 50 euros or dollars for it and stil (3 weeks after the release) cant enjoy the product they paid for..

I don't think they need or asked for an official spokesman...and Im pretty sure they are all on Reddit voicing their opinions CONSTANTLY...there is no lack of outlet for people upset that game is almost working now and a lot of fun...

I do think most of the people complaining are the PS+ crowd who are (way more) frustrated (than I'd ever be able to be over a ps+ game).

I'd love to know the ratio of complaints from people who have the game vs. people who haven't touched the game. Im thinking 10/90.

Now regarding the game...those last three events in the legend trophy are HARD...I thought after completing the venom hat lap with 3 stars I was gonna just stroll through them...lots of nope.

Who needs b-roll when you have the game?

pwqcwm.gif

pixelbox

To support the guys who bought the game, paid 50 euros or dollars for it and stil (3 weeks after the release) cant enjoy the product they paid for.

The fact that you support them is your right as mine is to criticize them for delivering such an bad product. No way in hell can they or you justify this mess they have made.
Let's just say it's a playable preorder... lol

To Evo's credits, Driveclub makes me do something I never did before in a racing game. When I'm last with no hope of coming back, I don't leave the game. I just drive and focus on challenges and drifting so I can bring some points to my club. Hell, even when challenges are off I keep driving because driving in this game is just so satisfying. DC just fucking clicked with me. At this point I just want to say a big thank you to Evolution Studio, DC will definitely get a nice sweet spot in my GOTY list. I used to be a disbeliever of the social stuff in DC but, I have to admit it, I was damn wrong, when it works it does work. Really.

WOW

even after reaching level 50 I cannot drive this clean I would hit the edges at least wipe out a few times I still need practice I got that Cleanup trophy at 3:45am this morning I was shocked and kinda disappointed because I hit the backs of a bunch of AI cars at the first corner it gave no warning but did not touch any other cars finished 2nd and it popped up :(

anyone have a good Point to Point race where you can get the secret trophy I think you need to be above 100mph all race?

ukas

To support the guys who bought the game, paid 50 euros or dollars for it and stil (3 weeks after the release) cant enjoy the product they paid for.

The fact that you support them is your right as mine is to criticize them for delivering such an bad product. No way in hell can they or you justify this mess they have made.

I've never said a word about supporting Evolution on how things have gone. Yes, I bought it on release and yes I'm not happy about it. Shit happens, deal with it.

Your constant snarkiness doesn't "support" anyone except yourself to be an ass. You bought it, returned it, and continue to bitch. Get over it already.

Believe it or not, but some of actually enjoy the game.

To Evo's credits, Driveclub makes me do something I never did before in a racing game. When I'm last with no hope of coming back, I don't leave the game. I just drive and focus on challenges and drifting so I can bring some points to my club. Hell, even when challenges are off I keep driving because driving in this game is just so satisfying. DC just fucking clicked with me. At this point I just want to say a big thank you to Evolution Studio, DC will definitely get a nice sweet spot in my GOTY list. I used to be a disbeliever of the social stuff in DC but, I have to admit it, I was damn wrong, when it works it does work. Really.

I agree with this completely. Love the game, but I can't wait for replays especially. And the weather too, of course. :)

farmerboy

+1

a great game that had bad luck

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I don't want to be overly harsh here, but this sounds like someone being impressed that a scoreboard puts higher numbers above lower ones. This is a standard feature of the genre for in-race leaderboards.

You're not being harsh, it's true, all games nowadays have competitive leaderboards. But few, if any, had them update in real time as mini games within the core game to collect points. None that I've noticed.

The way DC does it is novel.

Bluenova

Neo Member
You're not being harsh, it's true, all games nowadays have competitive leaderboards. But few, if any, had them update in real time as mini games within the core game to collect points. None that I've noticed.

The way DC does it is novel.

Just want to second this. Honestly time trailing has never been this good imo. I generally improve my times faster than i can in GT because the ghost is never too far ahead, unlike only choosing from a top 10. Its very fun to race three ghosts

Kilau

Gold Member
So lastnight I finish the "all about the win" accolade and get the 400,000 fame points plus the club bonus. I'm already level 50 but the club moves up to level 22 and new paint jobs unlock.

So I move forward to maybe change the club paint scheme and the club is back to level 21 and those 400,000+ points are just gone.

I really like this game but I'm tired of this.

Also, I know I was online, face offs were loading just fine.

I enjoyed this game until I completed single player. Now that I'm trying to play multiplayer its become a nightmare. Talking 15 - 20 tries to get a multiplayer game going :(

edit - managed to get a game and I'm on my own? lol ah well

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I enjoyed this game until I completed single player. Now that I'm trying to play multiplayer its become a nightmare. Talking 1 out of 15 - 20 tries to get a multiplayer game going :(

Don't see how it's bad luck when it's obviously they didn't properly test the online aspects of the game properly.

I keep wanting to chalk it up to inexperience in the online multiplayer scene. Evolution has never done something resembling this. Just the bare basics and with Motorstorm.

All the features this game has or wanted to have running seamlessly should have definitely been tested in an open public beta.

No time to cry about it now though. Just fix what you can and move on.

Still a very pretty, very fun racer.

Just want to second this. Honestly time trailing has never been this good imo. I generally improve my times faster than i can in GT because the ghost is never too far ahead, unlike only choosing from a top 10. Its very fun to race three ghosts
And to follow up on this, what DC does that I haven't seen in other games is that it changes up your leaderboard rival in each face-off and time-trial as you beat each score, without exiting out and restarting. Its all very fluid, provided that things are up and running, but even when not it won't kick out of the race - it'll just stop populating them with face-offs and ghosts.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So lastnight I finish the "all about the win" accolade and get the 400,000 fame points plus the club bonus. I'm already level 50 but the club moves up to level 22 and new paint jobs unlock.

So I move forward to maybe change the club paint scheme and the club is back to level 21 and those 400,000+ points are just gone.

I really like this game but I'm tired of this.

Also, I know I was online, face offs were loading just fine.

I had this happen a few times the other night, but I did another race and all the points came back.

Bluenova

Neo Member
And to follow up on this, what DC does that I haven't seen in other games is that it changes up your leaderboard rival in each face-off and time-trial as you beat each score, without exiting out and restarting. Its all very fluid, provided that things are up and running, but even when not it won't kick out of the race - it'll just stop populating them with face-offs and ghosts.

Exactly yea, thanks for adding that, because the challenges increase on the fly seamlessly, updating every lap and possibly loading one or two new ghosts. Also at great distance, ghosts appear just like a [glowing] car up the road, making a night time trial bit more fun.

It isn't in other games, and I don't see it praised.

To mention Online for me in GTA in Ontario Canada, with tekksavvy, I have had access and faceoffs since generally Oct 15th

Another thing I don't see praised enough is... is truly the track design > corner complexity, by now I'm convinced that DC tracks or point to point competes with the best of Bathurst, 'Ring, Suzuka, Spa, Brands Hatch etc. The kind of tracks you want to practice, because the corners are fun and rewarding. Combined with environmental factors, like shadow or sun light direction, shit can be tough too. lol. I also, I hate all ye calling for Evo's downfall >:[

Cyborg

I've never said a word about supporting Evolution on how things have gone. Yes, I bought it on release and yes I'm not happy about it. Shit happens, deal with it.

Your constant snarkiness doesn't "support" anyone except yourself to be an ass. You bought it, returned it, and continue to bitch. Get over it already.

:) You are missing the point completely, I will continue to bitch about it and continue to ignore your post from now on!

Be my guest and support EVO as much as you want!

QaaQer

Driveclub has all those.

I honesty think some gamers are stuck in a paradox where they want every game to be different but also every game to be the same.

Haha, yeah...They also equate not liking a game with the game being shit. I think all of that applies to critics as well.

The 1.05 update also stopped my game from starting. So I re-initialized the ps4, which wiped my stars & I didn't back up the stuff on usb. Oooops. Its going a lot quicker second time around.

Sweep14

Pretty much this. DC is the first racer making me coming back everyday to play it. I'm usually not a fan of racing games anf get bored rapidly by them but there's something with DC that keeps me going on. this is why I'm not worried at all for the sales of this game to meet WWS expectations. Like I said before, I think that Evolution Studios will have one another chance to get even more people playing their game : A simultaneous release of the weather patch and PS+ edition with full online functionality

Sweep14

Haha, yeah...They also equate not liking a game with the game being shit. I think all of that applies to critics as well.

The 1.05 update also stopped my game from starting. So I re-initialized the ps4, which wiped my stars & I didn't back up the stuff on usb. Oooops. Its going a lot quicker second time around.

Why didn't you download the 1.06 patch ? It's up since yesterday ?

Afrikan

So I don't know if this has been touched on...but I was having problems connecting to other players for the first time since launch.. I mean on a consistent basis... no games at all. So did some trouble shooting and it turns out that my online storage was full..and DriveClub couldn't upload an saves or what ever.

so I freed up some space and now I'm back in business.

So I don't know if this has been touched on...but I was having problems connecting to other players for the first time since launch.. I mean on a consistent basis... no games at all. So did some trouble shooting and it turns out that my online storage was full..and DriveClub couldn't upload an saves or what ever.

so I freed up some space and now I'm back in business.

how could online storage being full muck up online connectivity??

Afrikan

how could online storage being full muck up online connectivity??

I thought the same thing... but nothing else was working...I would exit the game... disconnect from the internet... tried turning it off...etc.

but I remembered that my notification section was starting to build up....so checked it out, and said f'it let me give this a try.....you never know with software or networking.

again, it just might have been fixed on its own...but I haven't been able to connect since yesterday and I noticed that others were playing online from Live Broadcasts and friends actually playing the game.

So I figured it might be from my end, since I didn't see others post about it on here.

I'm just pointing it out, just to see if others were having the same issues and if it helped.

Ass holes and their flying cars....they all got to chhose hyper flying cars. All i got to choose was sport lolololol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r05larQLSA
That's some messed up stuff right there!

It is almost like two events that started at the same time were merged into one and you were racing in a Sports lobby, they were in a Hyper lobby and you were seeing the paths they were taking on another circuit but whilst you were on your circuit and the height of their track was that much higher than yours.

As it goes I did see a stray dot on the mini map in a Time Trial going across the circuit and thought that the heck, I kind of assumed it didn't download the ghost correctly. Perhaps it picked the wrong circuit.

Very odd!

system11

I give up on getting 225/225. It's the Atom. I hate it. I hate every aspect of the handling. I hate that an event is forcing me to use it.

Pretty much this. DC is the first racer making me coming back everyday to play it. I'm usually not a fan of racing games anf get bored rapidly by them but there's something with DC that keeps me going on. this is why I'm not worried at all for the sales of this game to meet WWS expectations. Like I said before, I think that Evolution Studios will have one another chance to get even more people playing their game : A simultaneous release of the weather patch and PS+ edition with full online functionality

Same. Almost a month later and i still enjoy Driveclub and I'm looking forward to the DLC tracks and weather. Though they need to get some more content in asap like photo mode. I need that.

Top Bottom