• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Helscream

Banned
So I decided to remove the HUD entirely and do some hotlaps with the Hennessy Venom GT in cockpit view. Despite all the shit Evolution Studios has been getting lately. They did a damn good job with immersion. The sheer intensity of speed which the Hennessy Venom GT can achive makes you feel like the car will spontaneously explode at any moment. I felt like sharing that special moment.

http://youtu.be/bGuKTKiw58A

m@cross

Is it just me, or does the Bentley Continental GT Speed feel like you are driving a bus. I see it has nice acceleration and top speed, but feels like I am pushing a sled up a hill of olive oil.

Is it just me, or does the Bentley Continental GT Speed feel like you are driving a bus. I see it has nice acceleration and top speed, but feels like I am pushing a sled up a hill of olive oil.

Ofcourse. That thing is a tank. Drives like ass.
And even if it has nice acceleration, you won't feel it.

Oliver Onion

Neo Member
That's actually Irohazaka, Japan aka "The Winding Road"

Here's a few more pictures

Stelvio-Pass_Amazing-view_HQ_13396.jpg

Thats Stilfser Joch/Passo del Stelvio in Italy. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilfserjoch

Melchiah

Nah, they planned to do monthly updates for this game with new track content spread out over the next 9 months or so.

Look at the season pass plans, some of it is paid, and some of the content will distributed as free updates.

15012015800_59e678b7db_b.jpg

Before playing the game I was sure I wasn't going to buy the season pass, as the tracks are free, but now I kinda want it for the tour events.

Just about to start semi-pro. I've been waiting for the leaderboards to work full time. I must say this is the best online racing game out there. So good!

I'm having a hard time passing the semi-pro event, that stands before the rest of the tour events. It seems like none of the sports cars I'm given for the event can beat the AI on straight road, and I'm having problems controlling the cars at top speed. The only solution seems to be to use the turns to my advantage, and hope I won't screw up during the three laps, or that the AI won't ram into my ass.* So far I've only managed to reach the 3rd position in the first of the three races in the event.

* I hate it when I'm given the speed penalty for crashing into a car in front of me, when it was caused by the AI crashing into my rear bumper.

Please look up the curb weight of the vehicle. The continental GT is extremely heavy and wasn't designed for the track, it's as the name suggest a grand touring vehicle. Wealthy people use it to haul groceries.

lol it was luck for me to land like that but I bet some of you here could make it a stunt every time this game has some strange flip points love them

I'm always hitting the sides now looking for good crashes and flips

ukas

lol it was luck for me to land like that but I bet some of you here could make it a stunt every time this game has some strange flip points love them

I'm always hitting the sides now looking for good crashes and flips

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but there's a brake button. LOL

nw3

Yeah but it's not a bad option for avoiding the shit-storm of crashes and wipeouts in typical multiplayer at the start of a race + its engine sounds divine, esp in cockpit view - whether you can then hold your position for the rest of the race in such a barge is another question......

panty

Works all the time for me? Define doesn't work?
No matter what I try to do with it, when I go to Save, it starts Connecting to servers and is there forever. It never goes away from that state. I have to close the whole game from the OS. Yes I still have the original badge.

Siegmeyer

Haven't had any saving issues with this game. Was up to 223 stars last night and thought I picked up my 224th when I got 3 stars on Pagani Drift, which I had been slaving over for ages.

Except it hasn't saved. It was the least enjoyable event in the whole game and now I'm stuck here in a restart loop fucking up the first corner over and over.

No matter what I try to do with it, when I go to Save, it starts Connecting to servers and is there forever. It never goes away from that state. I have to close the whole game from the OS. Yes I still have the original badge.

Exactly the same for me - infuriating

panty

I have finished the game, 225/225 stars, have played mp a lot, can change the club color. Pls fix this, thanks.

SmokyDave

Yup, same here. Tried multiple times and always get the same result.

nw3

Long day at work, all i wanna do is play DriveClub...

9s83AGt.jpg

The fact they're not accepting refunds for a game STILL fundamentally broken is shameful

It isn't fundamentally broken and they intend to fix it.
Until they have even an ETA on fixes its bullshit to restrict refunds. I get that they're trying to fix it, but they can't keep people completely in the dark at the same time.

Sony/Evo wants to have it both ways "its not defective, we're fixing it" but all while providing no real guidance on when things will be fixed, something I've never run into when returning a busted product.

Yes. And sometimes you see events, register and it laughs in your face.

But you wait, try again and it works. Just a matter of patience.

Thus it isn't fundamentally broken. Fundamentally broken would be it doesn't work, at all.

Until they have even an ETA on fixes its bullshit to restrict refunds. I get that they're trying to fix it, but they can't keep people completely in the dark at the same time.
Yes I agree, I would not be denying the refunds. But it isn't fundamentally broken :p

My plan of attack would be offer refunds and once it is fully operational again offer the users who received refunds the chance to re-buy at a discounted price to win them back.

nw3

Yes. And sometimes you see events, register and it laughs in your face.

But you wait, try again and it works. Just a matter of patience.

Thus it isn't fundamentally broken. Fundamentally broken would be it doesn't work, at all.

I genuinely admire your patience. I'm a pretty patient person too but mine has just about run out now

Yeah man, "fundamentally broken" would be like if you couldn't finish races. Let's keep hyperbole to a minimum. I think we can all agree it's among the banes of gaming culture to begin with.

dano1

A Sheep
Long day at work, all i wanna do is play DriveClub...

9s83AGt.jpg

The fact they're not accepting refunds for a game STILL fundamentally broken is shameful

It's getting better every week. And that's all I ask for at this point. It goes off line while there testing servers. Obviously they still have problems.
I believe this is (will be) the best overall racing game ever made! The online racing is bar none the most fun of any!! So waiting a few months to get there game in order is not a big deal. Plus I've spent $50 on a fully working game that I've played a hell of a lot less than this.
Until EVO says there not supporting the game anymore I'm not going to get by undies in a bunch...

Greg

they really should've factored time into the drift events, or made it so that scores were dumped if there's a car reset/drop below a certain speed

there's no reason to compete with people on the scoreboard when they all cheat the system by turning themselves around before the sector's end - ruins the whole mode

krioto

So the Norwegian Lightweight series was the toughest for me thus far - I did manage 6 stars in the end, but man the Atom blows away the BAC Mono in a straight line. I did it with the Mono, but took a bit of time.

Now only the Legend trophy and the Venom hot lap to go! - loving this game, the driving is just so good. Even had a great night of multiplayer, no drop-offs and managed to win a few races as well.

Top Bottom