• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 08 Gears of War 2 thread of amazing trailers

Proelite

Is the creature is the background that thing that dwarfs the Brumak? :D

JimiNutz

Banned
Proelite said:

Is the creature is the background that thing that dwarfs the Brumak? :D

That's what I thought at first but apparently it's one of the Rhino Reavers (the armoured Reavers that you see at the very end of the game when it's revealed that some Locust survived.) They look massive though.

Kibbles

NutJobJim said:
That's what I thought at first but apparently it's one of the Rhino Reavers (the armoured Reavers that you see at the very end of the game when it's revealed that some Locust survived.) They look massive though.

Oh yeah it does look like it. Yeah I didn't realize how big the Reavers were until I saw that GameTrailers Gears of War 2 Gameplay Montage :p

I heard they are showing Gears of War 2 on G4 at 6pm Eastern today, is that true?

JimiNutz

Banned
Kibbles said:
I heard they are showing Gears of War 2 on G4 at 6pm Eastern today, is that true?

Copied from G4TV.com

Tuesday July 15th
12PM ET – Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Nintendo Press conference
2:30PM ET - Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Sony Press conference
5:30PM ET – Ubisoft Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
6:00PM ET– Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:

Gears of War 2

Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Rock Band 2
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Prince of Persia
Street Fighter IV
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Dark Void

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
AHHH

Too much shit!

This is going to be the best game of this gen.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, go to G4 folks, they're showing resistance now, but Gears 2 is coming up...I think.

Oh yes: Cliff Blezsinski is on the show after commercial. GO TO IT

HokieJoe

allreal said:
coming from a sony fanboy....this shit looks fuking awesome...sigh~ im thinking bout buying a 360.......

Go ahead and jump in. The water's fine over here in Lake Microsoft. I own a PS3 as well and don't regret it one bit.

Facism

allreal said:
coming from a sony fanboy....this shit looks fuking awesome...sigh~ im thinking bout buying a 360.......

You want to play all the great games on the HD consoles this gen, you need to own both. Never sure why people have loyalty to entities there to fuck them?

duk

Banned
allreal said:

it's okay being a fanboy but seriously, why shoot urself in the foot and miss out on all these great games?

i bought a ps3 just for the great games that wont be on 360 (also for BD movies)

Kibbles

It was just Cliff talking real fast and demoing the same level :p It was still fun to watch though. He didn't even demo the full level because he got knocked off the cliff lol. I wonder if that was a staged death or what, because they seemed like they were in a rush.

I wanted Gears to go a little unreal on me with just bizzare shit and better music, but I never thought they'd actually go as far as they have.

One of my main complaints was the far to traditional type of enemies and low enemy variety. No problems now. Multiple boomer enemy types with a variety of cool armor pieces and weapons, the sick looking Kantous and the variety of huge (and smaller) beasties is just awesome. And the weapon variety adds a lot as well when guys are coming at you with flamethrowers and gattling guns and the like.

I'm just honestly amazed. Gears 2 looks so fucking crazy.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just hope someone is recording the Gears 2 stuff from G4TV, or they at least put it up online, for those of us without access to G4...

raYne

_dementia said:
here:
sfvviq.png

puns are fun
I see what you did there.

Skilotonn said:
I just hope someone is recording the Gears 2 stuff from G4TV, or they at least put it up online, for those of us without access to G4...
It was the same level as the conference and the other demos. Just with Cliff playing, narrating and dying. :lol

..and because I'm too lazy to make a topic. This is G4's lineup, for those curious few:

G4's Massive E308 Coverage Announced
Posted By: Robt. Juster - Friday, July 11, 2008 11:45 AM

As you might imagine, E3 is a very special time of year here at the G4 offices... You’ll never see a giddier bunch of nerds and geeks in your whole life as in the week leading up to E3. With that in mind, and ahead of the official G4 press release, we wanted to give you an idea of what to expect from our E3 coverage will be this year. With over 17 hours of live coverage on G4 – including COMMERCIAL FREE coverage of the Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo press conferences – its going to be quite a week. And if that’s not enough, you can count on the G4tv.com team to bring you even more: Every single trailer and screenshot, live streaming coverage of all press conference (not just the big three but all the rest), special editions of The MMO Report, Sessler’s Soapbox and Freestyle 101, and more. Oh yeah, and we’ll be launching an HD version of our video player so you can watch high res versions of all of your favorite E3 trailers. Bamph!

As always, you’ll be able to enjoy highlights of our E3 coverage (and tons of web-exclusives) on G4tv.com... along with coverage extended to G4 Podcasts and G4 Mobile (now available on VCAST). G4 on Demand (VOD) coverage on you cable/ satellite set-top box will start July 17th.

We’re beyond excited, and as you make your way down this list, you will be too. Keep in mind that the games listed in the coverage below are actual demos, not simple previews or teaser trailers. That’s how we roll.

Monday July 14th
1PM ET – Half-hour pre-show followed by the entire Microsoft Press Conference – live and commercial free on-air and online.
6PM ET – EA Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
7PM ET – Two-hour E3 Preview Show featuring the following DEMOS:
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Halo Wars
Ghostbusters : The Videogame
Silent Hill: Homecoming

Tuesday July 15th
12PM ET – Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Nintendo Press conference
2:30PM ET - Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Sony Press conference
5:30PM ET – Ubisoft Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
6:00PM ET– Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:
Gears of War 2
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Rock Band 2
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Prince of Persia
Street Fighter IV
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Dark Void

7:30PM ET – CAPCOM Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
11:30PM ET – ACTIVISION Press Conference - Streaming coverage on G4tv.com

Wednesday July 16th
5:30PM ET - KONAMI Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
6PM ET – Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:
Resident Evil 5
FarCry 2
LittleBigPlanet
Dead Space
Spore
InFamous
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Left 4 Dead
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe
Crysis: Warhead
Shaun White Snowboarding
Deadly Creatures

Thursday, July 17th
6PM ET – Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:
Mirror's Edge
Madden NFL '09
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Project Origin
Banjo Kazooie
Face Breaker

Friday, July 18th
7PM ET – Attack of the Show E3 Wrap-up Special
8PM ET – X-Play “Best of E3” Special

Dyno said:
That Rendevous trailer did everything a trailer should. It stirred my soul with the literary passage, it got me hyped with the visuals, and I didn't learn anything about the story itself.

That's how you do it, well done Cliff B. and Co.!

I just now watched it... WOW. I thought if they tried to top Mad World it would just feel forced and fail. But that... was awesome. Pure awesome.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Here. Have an avatar.

I mean it really is amazing. They seemingly took any complaint about the first game, or any small area of improvement that was needed, and just blew it up with a fucking Awesome Bomb.

Horde mode? Really now?

The upgrade in visuals? Surely good sir, you jest.

I still have the first Gears, these vids are churning up desire to play the original. Man November can't get here soon enough. I've already changed my wallpaper.

kbear

FutureZombie said:
I love the sound of Horde. It's one of those things that's so simple and great that you're surprised it isn't in every FPS already.
I wonder if it'll be like the amazing terrorist hunt online co-op mode in RB6 Vegas

JimiNutz

Banned
IMO Horde sounds a lot like an amped up version of RE4s Mercenary mode. Cliff apparently has been comparing it to games like Geometry Wars and Smash-TV. It certainly looks and sounds like it's going to be really fucking intense and chaotic once you get up to higher levels.

kbear

By the way, did Epic say anything about a leveling / ranking up system? I think it would make the MP really rewarding

FrankT

Ether_Snake said:
I am almost 100% sure they are using an Ambient Occlusion Post Effect in the multiplayer map flythroughs shown on Gametrailers.

I wonder if they will keep it for the game itself? I would doubt it, not for multiplayer, because it costs a lot framerate-wise, and it seems to be absent from all screenshots.

Anyway, I really like the scope shown in the first playing map (scope as in, the impression of scale). And I like the colors.

Still, I hate the fucking characters, they should be more like Predator 1's commandos, less like wannabe rednecks.

That is because it is, using Unreal 3.5 and this was covered in the Game Informer cover issue. Part of the PR feature list from this week;

Features:

Jaw-dropping visuals. “Gears of War 2” raises the graphics bar for next-generation games through its breathtaking visual effects, which are made possible through advances in Unreal Engine 3. New visual effects in “Gears of War 2” include ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows, improved character lighting, the ability to render hundreds of on-screen characters simultaneously, improved water physics, additional blood and bullet decals, advanced destructible environments, new weather effects, and the introduction of fluid objects. When combined with the sweeping vistas and evocative locales in the world of Sera where the “Gears of War 2” story unfolds, these additions help make “Gears of War 2” the most gorgeous game available this generation. .

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=53708

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
FYI guys the trailer thats on the marketplace is in 5.1 - and it sounds incredible.

*watches again*

Top Bottom