• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Preseason 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
PANATHA WON YEAH!

Back to this tragedy.

Germany is weirdly obsessed with these Dutch. Good for them.

You were so close to going back to back 0 years =(. Why you gotta disappoint

Edit:
Whelp dont need to hear this song for a 3rd time.

wrowa

Guys, Japan is not cool anymore. She's into K-Pop instead, Korea is the new hotness. :p

Seriously though, she's cute (and in contrast to Lena she's actually able to sing nicely). It's a shame the song is kinda boring, though. and it doesn't really fit to her weird K/J-Pop style either. You would expect something, I don't know, crazier when looking at her.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Uk entry is quite catchy, wont do very well but its not awful

Tregard

Soothsayer
Jake & Joe are our best shot in quite a few years of doing well, it's catchy and fun. Not ground-breaking, but if no other songs go for the same style and Europe (And Australia) are feeling it, it could do well for itself.

addik

Wait, so Germany could have sent laser-wielding Gregorian-chanting Organization XIII to Eurovision, but we'll be stuck with some moe?

Jasup

There are 5 national finals today: Moldova, Hungary, Slovenia, Finland and Norway.

It seems eurovision.tv has a live stream for all of them if you're interested.

Liljagare

Sweden:

And as always, the middle acts are some of the best songs for us, this is what we should send, just stop the votes, and send it:

http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/live/direktrapport-fran-melodifestivalens-fjarde-deltavling-2016

forward @ 1:10H

And this is what we should have sent last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij9R2mxigWY

More Sami music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qA7GDkKZJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR1z2G4Cs-c

He's just amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwmEjszVlZk

DrM

Redmond's Baby
ManuElla (aka Taylor Swift wannabe) won in Slovenian national finals. Still no video on Youtube
128 votes only separated her and runner up, Raiven

Spyware

If THIS doesn't win the Swedish finals, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.
The song is fine as long as it's on, then I forget it immediately. They also can't nail the projections and that makes it all look pretty... eh.

I'm hoping Zia can pull himself together and perform Human properly. That one looks cool, has a good message and it's a song I remember. I would be happy with that in Eurovision.

It's probably gonna be Molly from tonight tho since she for some reason has soooo many loyal fans. Yuck. The song was just a couple of Loreen mixes mashed together in a mixer that pulled out all personality from it. Just like Lisa's song. It also felt extremely low budget. It looked like this:
stst-2016-j25638-jpg

At least make the fans look... like... I dunno! Just not like my bedroom fan!

Meanwhile in Norway, the female presenter is a better artist than any of the competitors. As are everyone taking part in the pause-act...

We've got a boy band, a party-bro singing in a fake Jamaican dialect, and two separate electro-pop girls. God help us if we actually send either of the first two.

Peru

Agnete's song is average, and unfortunately her live vocals were shaky, but we certainly didn't have any better alternatives. Hope for a more exciting field next year.

Yeah MGP is a total disaster this year.

A damn shame, too, as it reliably produced at least ~2 bops a year from a country with a rich history of pop music talent.

Bring back the semifinals tbh, at least we could get some fun songs that don't make the finals.

I just miss stuff like Lise Karlsnes and Fjellfolk and Winta and Gaute Ormåsen and Mimi Oh :(

Not really feeling the Hungary winner, don't think he has a strong voice.

Will edit when I listen to some of others: slovenia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gcM-GQU3tc

She really does look like a mashup of past TSwift performances haha. Also...missed a lot of notes...

Norway should do better if she cleans up the vocals. <-- This seems to be a trend this year =/

DrM

Redmond's Baby
She really does look like a mashup of past TSwift performances haha. Also...missed a lot of notes...

To be honest, I liked the other final song better. Fun fact - both songs combined received less than 7500 votes on the final televoting. And some guy posted on twitter "Looking at televoting results, looks like the winner is from larger village compared to the runner up"

So apparently, Latvia is sending Justs ("Heartbeats") to Sweden, which is IMO, my favorite song this year.

The French entry has also leaked, and it doesn't sound bad. It's actually pretty catchy.

A French entry with a fully English chorus? Quelle surprise!

Heartbeats has a shot at doing as well as Love Injected, honestly. Really cool, really modern song with slick production. It also has a lot of the preseason hype Love Injected had.

oti

Banned
So the Big Five take this pretty seriously this year it seems. Even FRANCE oh mon diö!
Spain and France could be in the top 10 (judging by the songs we know so far). Germany I don't know.

I like the Latvia entry but wonder if it is too similar to last year's. Simplistic backing beat with kind of flat verses and explosive chorus. I mean Aminata wrote both so makes sense but still.
France song sounds surprisingly competitive this year. Catchy.

Neat that Australia is using their opportunity to send their heavy hitters. Dami Im has a real shot at the crown, depending on the song. I wonder if the EBU would crack and allow the contest to be held in Oz... it's been held outside of Europe before.

I've tried but I really really really do not like the German song at all. I get the strange circumstances with the Germans this year but yikes. Then again, my fave out of the terrible selection was the Keøma song so what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom