• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2016 |OT| San Marino: "I didn't know - anyone but Serhat :("

Status
Not open for further replies.
when the worst player of the server finds out about micro-transactions

wdx8zLD.gif

You know, since the votes are paid, this is very much like microtransactions. Only it's the player's family (and fanclub if any) using them.

Jokab

Was Måns a presenter before winning Eurovision last year? He was scarily good at it.

Yeah he hosted one of the most popular shows in Sweden for two seasons or so, Allsång På Skansen, which is also in front of a big crowd in a live setting. He had plenty of experience.

I think the simpler answer is that people just aren't as hateful toward each other like the politicians are.

Nah, as a Ukrainian I have hard time relating with anyone who would vote for Putin. I know of families who don't talk to each other. But music is different I guess.

Spyware

Was Måns a presenter before winning Eurovision last year? He was scarily good at it.
Yes he was the host for a huge summer show called Allsång på Skansen for a couple of years. It's a live music show with big artists often first performing a popular song of theirs then choosing a popular older swedish "allsång" to sing together with the audience. It's on once a week all summer and it's great fun. He was amaaaaazing at hosting it, probably one of the best. He stopped hosting it to focus on his singing career and went and won Eurovision instead :p

Here's a clip of an "allsång" part.

And here's a talky part (with a tiny Eurovision connection).

spekkeh

Banned
Overall the Polish immigrants are not a very significant player in Europe overall. They can't be, because there's just not enough of them. Most Poles still live in Poland.
I think you overestimate how many people vote in the first place, especially in western European countries where ESC fandom is mostly a gay thing. A couple of thousand seasonal workers and Polish truckers could easily sway the vote.

Eastern European points sharing and political biase. The same reason Russia was #1 with the viewers.

they were third in jury voting, maybe some people liked the songs?
our (switzerland) jury and home voters gave both of these songs high scores and i doubt we like these countries very much.

Devil

they were third in jury voting, maybe some people liked the song?

Jury votes were full of point sharing between eastern countries as well, as I said previously. I was hoping they would at least try to hide the bias when jury and viewer votes are presented separately.

And it's not like it is a new thing. This behaviour has been like that since forever.

BowieZ

Banned
Someone messaged me this morning saying that Australia basically won.

Then they told me Australia actually lost.

And I'm like:

tumblr_m05r1nlPE61qlapdpo1_250.gif

Oh well, easy come, easy go.

I think you overestimate how many people vote in the first place, especially in western European countries where ESC fandom is mostly a gay thing. A couple of thousand seasonal workers and Polish truckers could easily sway the vote.

i think you are massively underrating the popularity of this contest.

in 2010, 15 million germans watched this, it's hovering around 8-9 million these days.
Switzerland was 700k
Britain was 9 million last year.
Austria was 1.7 million.
Spain was 5 million.
Nordic countries are super into it, that should be clear.

what western country are you talking about?

a couple of gays and polish truckers ain't swaying shit.

Apzu

It took 9 years for Eurovision to fix the 2007 winner.

So will Verka Serduchka be the host or will it be Ruslana?

oipic

As a Swede I'm very proud of tonight's show. The hosts did a really good job :)

This year's show really captured the spirit of Eurovision - the production was very well put together and entertaining throughout. Would very happily love to have Sweden host again soon, Måns in particular did a wonderful job - he's a talented and charming man.

Thank you, Sweden - great show! <3

Jamie OD

The new presentation of the scoring system highlighted the possible differences between jury voting and public voting. I was dumbfounded seeing Pokand was still unchecked when there were 10 countries left in the public vote. Only got more crazy from there.

Disappointed to see Australia miss out at the end. Felt that song was the strongest performance of the contest this year. Bulgaria was my favourite and I'm happy to see it finish in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom