• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2016 |OT| San Marino: "I didn't know - anyone but Serhat :("

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well at least we have next year's host to look forward to:

cwzCERg.jpg

pringles

Gotta love Gaf trying to understand Eurovision. Justin Timberlake would have finished 24th if he competed. Ukraine and Poland were EASY to call as some of the top countries in the televote. Heartfelt, and the kind of unique, weird but somehow captivating stuff you only find in ESC. Jury dropped the ball on voting for the good, but also a bit bland Australisn entry so much.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta love Gaf trying to understand Eurovision. Justin Timberlake would have finished 24th if he competed. Ukraine and Poland were EASY to call as some of the top countries in the televote. Heartfelt, and the kind of unique, weird but somehow captivating stuff you only find in ESC. Jury dropped the ball on voting for the good, but also a bit bland Australisn entry so much.
it's 90% of the fun

Jasup

Let's be honest here, these were all emigrants voting for "their" team. Imagine if [soccer] World Cup results were decided by vote with similar "self-voting prevention" clause... that would be hilarious. The knockout participants would be Poland/Israel/Vietnam/Russia/ISIS/China/etc. No matter what.

I did not watch this year's show so I refuse to comment on the songs. The one time I tried I was not a target audience of any of them.

There are not enough Polish emigrants to do that

Violet_0

Banned
I wanted Australa to win (or Hungary) but the Ukraine song actually is quite alright too. It stands out from the rest. The songs were mostly pretty bad this year, maybe more so than usually

Poland was sooo bad

I don't understand. How did Ukraine catch up? Austrailia had a lead of 100+.

they bundled all the audience votes and gave them out at once in the end, ukraine got 320 points in one swoop.
russia got the most points from audiences 370-ish but it wasn't enough to overcome the lead ukraine had from the jury voting.

I wonder if Ukraine has the money to host next years contest.

Dude, Ukraine hosted Euro 2012. Eurovision is nothing in comparison. There are so many ignorant comments in this thread. Ukrainian economy is not in great shape, but it's not some sort of tribe. Big cities are doing OK and are very much comparable to any other European city.

CoolOff

Dude, Ukraine hosted Euro 2012. Eurovision is nothing in comparison. There are so many ignorant comments in this thread. Ukrainian economy is not in great shape, but it's not some sort of tribe. Big cities are doing OK and are very much comparable to any other European city.

I was in Kiev a few weeks back, freaking amazing city.

The system is the same. They just changed how the votes are announced.

Yup, that and the points are just doubled instead of jury/televote getting combined for each country. If it were like last year, just split the points in half and you'd get the result for the old voting system. They just wouldn't have done the second half.

Ansatz

I need to stop predicting the overall winner and just say the public vote next time lol, I said Italy last year and Russia this year.

The jury vote is pure bullshit, and I'm not saying as someone who's butthurt since I wanted Sweden to win last year so I benefit from this system but it has to go away. The jury is supposed to even out block/political voting but they are actually making things worse.

GrayFoxPL

Let's be honest here, these were all emigrants voting for "their" team. Imagine if [soccer] World Cup results were decided by vote with similar "self-voting prevention" clause... that would be hilarious. The knockout participants would be Poland/Israel/Vietnam/Russia/ISIS/China/etc. No matter what.

I did not watch this year's show so I refuse to comment on the songs. The one time I tried I was not a target audience of any of them.

Emigrants from Poland added for 3rd most votes of all people.Wow, some people are dull.

The knockout participants would be Poland/Israel/Vietnam/Russia/ISIS/China/etc. No matter what.

You wrote what now? You seriously are that incredibly stupid. Congrats.

Xord

IIRC they didn't participate last year because of money problems.

antonz

Russia already on the offensive. Russia Today posting articles about the corruption of Eurovision and their TV license fee system

Cub3h

Banned
Emigrants from Poland added for 3rd most votes of all people.Wow, some people are dull.

You wrote what now? You seriously are that incredibly stupid. Congrats.

When there's 20+ countries to vote for, emigrant blocks can easily add up. The UK's top points went to Lithuania and Poland, that wasn't just because of everyone loving the song lol. Same always happened with Turkey too, they'd get 12 or 10 points from Germany, Holland etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom