• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 |OT| Slovenia: "On My Way - to the lowest score"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliesen

tumblr_o9x7ydJEfb1uyezdto1_250.gif

Netherlands, yes. What a bunch of charming ladies!

Fliesen

... "Nathan Trent" from Austria.

We've sent you the most generic "white guy protagonist", even the name's offensively inoffensive and international. You're welcome, Eurovision.

oti

Banned
OK. Netherlands and Austria, the German voting block is on again. You know what you must do.

Yeah, I know. It's drunken German.

wow, no baltic countries in the finals

bad year for northern europe

Dunno, 3 out of the 5 Nordics qualified, especially after Denmark and Norway didn't last year, it's alright.

(Baltic is east europe, all of north europe is in finals)

I guess Finland and Iceland don't count as Northern Europe, then.
Also, Estonia is further North than Denmark, Lithuania and Latvia are further west than Finland...

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
balkans are east europe to me :p

no iceland, no finland, sweden and norway and denmark will tank in the finals

not that I mind for most of those tbh

To be honest all the songs from north europe was really weak this year, feel like none of them should be in the finals.

Two of the Nordics are not.

finland is east europe and Iceland is barely European
I didn't watch the last semi-final and just guessed both of them got to finals, dumb of me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry about the ultra boring Norwegian contribution making it to the finals :(

Norway was great.

I didn't watch the last semi-final and just guessed both of them got to finals, dumb of me.

And you just would've had to look in the OP, too! :p

Semi 2
Guaranteed qualifiers: Serbia, Romania, Norway, Bulgaria, Estonia, Israel
Borderliners: Austria, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Hungary, Denmark, Ireland, Switzerland, Belarus (if I had to pick 4 to round out my 6 qualifiers, I'd say Macedonia, Switzerland, Belarus and maybe Netherlands have a good shot)
Definitely not going through: San Marino, Croatia, Lithuania

Well I was a lot further from getting em all right this Semi.

oti

Banned
I didn't expect Croatia and Austria to get to the final tbh. But eh, good for them.

I'm happy about Belarus and Hungary. Great performances.

I still believe Bulgaria has a shot at winning this.

Italy, Portugal or Bulgaria is my guess.

Rooting for Portugal.

It's funny how Portugal could end up doing the same as Greece. Winning Euro, winning Eurovision.

jts

...hate me...
I was rooting for Norway to go through. Catchy tune, fun performance!

But then again I was also rooting for
Estonia

Biggest upset for me is NL through. Really bleh.

oti

Banned

Estonia

The only redeeming thing about Estonia was the gif.

I put the live performances of semi 2 and the 3 auto-qualifiers that voted and got previewed in this semi (France, Germany, Ukraine) into the OP. Let me know if there's a link to the wrong place.

spekkeh

Banned

Estonia

Really now, the only ones who could actually sing a damn live was your biggest upset.

Apzu

I'm rooting for Portugal now, Francesco's song will already be a success without needing to get first place. Also Portugal has been in eurovision the longest time without winning.

Top 5 guess, in no particular order:
Portugal, Italy, Armenia, Bulgaria and a wildcard out of France, UK, Netherlands, Moldova, Greece and Poland.

DrSlek

It was, I have no idea how it made it into the final when there was entries like Finland who definitely deserved it more. I think Australia has to be on the lower end of the semi qualifiers, 9th or 10th (along with Cyprus). Towards the end there was a high note that he missed and made sound like someone stepped on the tail of a cat.

I my defense I had...and still have, no idea who he is or why we've sent him when we have sent people like Seeker Lover Keeper. or Stonefield

Looks like after another non-qualification, San Marino may withdraw from the contest again.
I imagine the Czech Republic is also considering dropping out. :/
And there's also the current potential of Israel getting kicked out of the EBU due to their broadcaster getting changed up.

Seems like 2018 is gonna be an interesting year.

I my defense I had...and still have, no idea who he is or why we've sent him when we have sent people like Seeker Lover Keeper. or Stonefield

Haha dude I'm not blaming you personally. I know Australia has the guns to bring to Eurovision, and they did the past 2 years (Guy Sebastian was considered a terrible choice at first but he did really well, and Dami Im stands without any additional commentary), and Isaiah would seem alright if Australia hadn't already set the bar so high with Guy and especially Dami.
And that performance at the semi, yikessssss. It was terrible. Maybe the break of his voice just set in and made his chords crack, he is just 17 after all.

Netprints

Is there anyway as an American to watch any of the semi finals? I just want to watch the people who lost right now but I keep getting the issue that the youtube video is blocked in my country.

Will the finals be like this? I would like to watch that live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom