• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm next to Philly, I don't have the slightest clue where I would begin to search.

There's a bunch, just search for game stores in Philly in google. Start calling the numbers that aren't big names like gamestop. This is basically what I did when I searched back in the day for Maryland, found 2 stores that usually break street date.

Really having a hard time deciding whether I should stream my early copy tonight. I'd love to for all of you who are still waiting for the game so patiently, but I feel like it's basically guaranteed that I'll have my channel shut down if I stream for too long (but how long is too long?!). I also don't want to risk a PSN account ban... have we heard about Sony issuing any of those for playing or streaming FFXV early?

Either way, though, even if I don't stream I can at least field some questions from people in the thread and PM some answers. It would just be super early-game stuff though, no spoilers (both because I only just got the game and because I'm not trying to burn any bridges at Square).

Really having a hard time deciding whether I should stream my early copy tonight. I'd love to for all of you who are still waiting for the game so patiently, but I feel like it's basically guaranteed that I'll have my channel shut down if I stream for too long (but how long is too long?!). I also don't want to risk a PSN account ban... have we heard about Sony issuing any of those for playing or streaming FFXV early?

Either way, though, even if I don't stream I can at least field some questions from people in the thread and PM some answers. It would just be super early-game stuff though, no spoilers (both because I only just got the game and because I'm not trying to burn any bridges at Square).

Don't stream. I don't think there would be much point since you could only stream early game stuff which many have already seen at this point. I've seen most streams get shut down as soon as they reach something new.

『Inaba Resident』;225296663 said:
Don't stream. I don't think there would be much point since you could only stream early game stuff which many have already seen at this point. I've seen most streams get shut down as soon as they reach something new.

Thanks. That's kind of what I've been leaning toward. I would quit of my own volition upon reaching post-demo content, though - the stream would just be for people to see how the game runs on a PS4 Pro with all the patches applied.

That said, I know a lot of early-game hunts and side quests were stripped out of Judgment Disc, which means even that stuff might be construed as "new" or sensitive content by Square, which puts me back to square one in terms of the risk involved!

Maybe I can at least record some early-game footage of basic exploration and combat for people who are hungry to see how the game performs.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hmmm... I'm not so bothered by those "spoilers", although I do have a few thoughts comparing it to the other FFs:

If you think about it, it's kinda like FFX. FFX had like only 4 real towns and several outposts (aka travel agencies).

12BoM

Too late to tag your fucking reaction to the spoiler too. This sucks..

I can't believe this shit. I seriously don't know what to believe in regards to this game anymore.

Fuck man. I just need to play it already so I can get the fuck off the internet. This place is poisonous man

grendelrt

Fucking hell there is a spoiler thread, is it really that hard. Guess I can not read this thread anymore because people are idiots.

Why in the fuck are you guys even posting anything that is considered spoilers? Go to the spoiler thread if you want that noise. And if you're scared to go in there for further spoilers then just keep your thoughts to yourself for the next week. It's really not that hard.

Aters

I think we need "where can I get early copies", "non-spoiler impression", "I just want to know one thing", "oh one more thing" and "go all out" threads.

Any early copies found in Vancouver, BC Canada? I have a copy preordered on amazon, but if I could get this early somehow, that would be too cool. I feel like we're all hoping for the floodgates to open in our respective cities at this point haha.

Sagely

Absolutely. :)

Please do let me know as well! Called a couple of places & went to eb games & best buy at saint catherine.

Nothing yet....
Thanks! I'm gonna do some research tonight. Even though we're just a week away I feel like searching is keeping me busy somehow...can't focus on any other games anyway haha.

rjinaz

Thank you!, glad I missed it but feel bad for the people that didnt

Phew same here. So far this thread has been pretty good, I haven't been spoiled at all, and yes, I read through almost all the pages thanks to the early drama. I'm not so sure I'd bail because of one poster.

Phew same here. So far this thread has been pretty good, I haven't been spoiled at all, and yes, I read through almost all the pages thanks to the early drama. I'm not so sure I'd bail because of one poster.

It's okay, I won't too. The spoiler wasn't about the story anyway, but it sucks because this isn't the thread for that.

As long as you don't refresh the thread like a mad man to keep up with new replies, you should be fine as spoilers usually don't stay alive for long (thanks, mods).
Wish there was some kind of "reveal new replies delay" plugin or something. :D (Yeah, I don't have any self restraint)

Slixshot

Banned
Luckily I work later in the day so I tend to miss a lot of the active discussion. Looks like this is a thread to avoid from here on out.

Tyaren

Can we please not blow this out of proportion? I feel bad for being the one that started the spoiler talk with my question, which I thought wasn't that spoilery, really, and not even regarding the story, but...yeah, I'm sorry. :/

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Can we please not blow this out of proportion? I feel bad for being the one that started the spoiler talk with my question, which I thought wasn't that spoilery, really, and not even regarding the story, but...yeah, I'm sorry. :/

Everything's all crazy-like now. It's alright. (IMO, at least. :p)

Any good comparison video between the PS4 version and the Pro version?? I'm so hyped about this game, I don't think I can hold on until I get a Pro.

There's a bunch, just search for game stores in Philly in google. Start calling the numbers that aren't big names like gamestop. This is basically what I did when I searched back in the day for Maryland, found 2 stores that usually break street date.

But how do I ask them if they're going to break street date without sounding like an idiot? Just ask if they're going to sell it early or when they're expecting to sell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom