• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 8-14 | Fining Nemo

Beckx

Smash is pretty much what I want in fighting games going forward - portable, massive amount of content, several online modes, the works. Didn't realize how much I really needed this game until I started playing. I am hyped to start seeing tournaments, though I guess that will wait til the Wii U version launches?

2ivVhw4.png

LOL. I thought you would appreciate that!

Controls are dumb. Don't know why grab is L and shield is R. Also weird to do up anything with circle pad. Need a second stick

Luckily in the full game everything is customizable. I can check later to see what the options are for moving things off L and R. But yeah, the New 3DS is going to improve things with the c-stick, and I'm going to move throw off L and over to ZR if that's possible.

BTW, here's my daughter Cecilia Jade, born September 9th. She keeps bugging me about getting the full version of Smash right away but doesn't yet understand the concept of international release dates.

vvdHAJ4.jpg

Congratulations!!!

JeTmAn81

Thanks all! Having Cecilia in my life is an amazing thing. Having kids isn't for everyone, but I highly recommend it (whether through natural means or adoption).

Busaiku

Smash is pretty much what I want in fighting games going forward - portable, massive amount of content, several online modes, the works. Didn't realize how much I really needed this game until I started playing. I am hyped to start seeing tournaments, though I guess that will wait til the Wii U version launches?

Vita's been getting all the ArcSys fighters.
There was also the Vita listing on the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax site, so it's possible it gets that too.

JeTmAn81

Vita's been getting all the ArcSys fighters.
There was also the Vita listing on the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax site, so it's possible it gets that too.

What's this?

Vita is still the forever portable fighting game machine with UMVC3, Divekick, SFxT, Injustice, MK, BlazBlue, PS All-Stars, Skullgirls soon and more. At least 3DS has Smash now.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Next time you see him say " Rockturtle, kau yuck omn koi mung."

Hm... I'll see.

I'm impatient, so I'll post this now, someone let me know if the email tag somehow doesn't work

Here's the last Smash 3DS demo code, quote to see the link that has the code in it.

Wow that quote actually worked.

BTW, here's my daughter Cecilia Jade, born September 9th. She keeps bugging me about getting the full version of Smash right away but doesn't yet understand the concept of international release dates.

vvdHAJ4.jpg

We got the same b-day! Congrats on the new baby!

gutabo

vvdHAJ4.jpg

Congrats! Welcome to parenthood! If I can give you any advice is this: Get some sleep! The sooner you can get some sort of sleep schedule going(with your wife/mother of the baby/whoever is going to help you for the time being), the better. Nowadays pediatricians tell you that the baby has to eat every two hours 24/7, and even if that's true, it's pretty much impossible to do. Try to get your daughter as much of her mother's milk as possible while not pushing her mom too hard to do it(it's a tricky balance). If you're gonna get some formula in the mix, use a tiny, tiny hole in the nipple so she won't get used to drink easier formula with less effort and drops her mom's milk. Have lots of patience with the baby's mother, she might be going through PPD and not even know it. And the easiest one: love your daughter!(and the hardest one: be there for her). FGC dads are here to help you!

Busaiku

What's this?

Vita is still the forever portable fighting game machine with UMVC3, Divekick, SFxT, Injustice, MK, BlazBlue, PS All-Stars, Skullgirls soon and more. At least 3DS has Smash now.

The site has Vita in the in the copyrights section.
It's been there since the site went up, so it likely means nothing, but there's some hope.

vvdHAJ4.jpg

Congrats! Welcome to fatherhood. Don't worry kids don't take up a lot of your time so you can still play FGs.

*sent from iPhone at my daughter's ballet class

Kimosabae

Banned
Yeah, if you've been playing the series a while, the controls feel very unintuitive. I'm probably not going to bother digging into the game until the WiiU version, honestly, since it takes so long to come to grips with the controls and anytime I play someone at my local spot, I'm more concerned about figuring the game out, rather than opponent based action gaming.

I don't know what it is about Melee, but it gets me excited to not only play more Melee - but more fighting games in general. It's really nonsensical.

Congrats, Jetman. You're officially more of a man than me. Don't rub it in.

I don't know what it is about Melee, but it gets me excited to not only play more Melee - but more fighting games in general. It's really nonsensical.

Melee just feels good to play. There's little else to it. It's just a game where doing stuff feels good and you can do a lot of interesting things.

Kimosabae

Banned
Melee just feels good to play. There's little else to it. It's just a game where doing stuff feels good and you can do a lot of interesting things.

Yea, but trying to figure out how that translates to making me want to play more Street Fighter/Guilty Gear simultaneously is what I'm struggling with.

Azure J

You would play Villager.

Anyway, I have to ask: who all here is getting the Wii U version?

I'll be there day 1.

Villager will win EVO next year.

This would be hilarious, but I'm actually betting on Rosalina.

Palutena is so fast. I love it. She... really shouldn't be this fast. At least I didn't expect her to lol

I was pleasantly surprised seeing how fast she moves on the ground. Needless to say she's only looking more like main material.

Yeah, if you've been playing the series a while, the controls feel very unintuitive. I'm probably not going to bother digging into the game until the WiiU version, honestly, since it takes so long to come to grips with the controls and anytime I play someone at my local spot, I'm more concerned about figuring the game out, rather than opponent based action gaming.

I know what you mean. I've actually wanted to play more Marvel recently after my long time with Project M in recent times. I'm also super excited for Xrd and looking for some way to play UNiEL regularly.

Top Bottom